Forums » News and Announcements

April's Newsletter is hot off the Press!

• 363 posts
    April 14, 2017 9:50 AM PDT

I'm curious about the Alchemist - I'm assuming they make potions and poisons. That being said, are there any classes aside from Rogue that will use poisons? Ranger perhaps?

• 2752 posts
    April 14, 2017 3:52 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Lokispawn said:

My question is how crafting levels and advancement will work after someone decides to make a progeny. Crafting skill levels go poof? or perhaps gain a bonus to the tradeskill your progenitor leveled up?

This is where we can play around with genes, traits and pass down family knowledge like master blacksmith blueprints, perma bonus exp gain, access to previous recipes and crafting schematics etc. most of this stuff has no affect on adventuring and combat but we will have to be careful to watch the economy, but yeah, essentially if you Progeny as a Master Crafter you could start fresh as a level 1 with a lot fo that experience and knowledge ready to go right away to then maybe help you improve even more and give access to even better things within that crafting profession but more on Progeny later, it is a big, in-depth system that needs a lot of explaining and tied in with many other systems, features and mechanics. :)

I don't care what anyone else says, I am stoaked for progeny. The longevity and cool stuff it can bring to the game and this genre sounds incredibly interesting. (fingers crossed for progeny allowing non-standard race/class combos)

• 9115 posts
    April 14, 2017 5:39 PM PDT

Iksar said:

Kilsin said:

Lokispawn said:

My question is how crafting levels and advancement will work after someone decides to make a progeny. Crafting skill levels go poof? or perhaps gain a bonus to the tradeskill your progenitor leveled up?

This is where we can play around with genes, traits and pass down family knowledge like master blacksmith blueprints, perma bonus exp gain, access to previous recipes and crafting schematics etc. most of this stuff has no affect on adventuring and combat but we will have to be careful to watch the economy, but yeah, essentially if you Progeny as a Master Crafter you could start fresh as a level 1 with a lot fo that experience and knowledge ready to go right away to then maybe help you improve even more and give access to even better things within that crafting profession but more on Progeny later, it is a big, in-depth system that needs a lot of explaining and tied in with many other systems, features and mechanics. :)

I don't care what anyone else says, I am stoaked for progeny. The longevity and cool stuff it can bring to the game and this genre sounds incredibly interesting. (fingers crossed for progeny allowing non-standard race/class combos)

I am too man :)

• 3237 posts
    April 14, 2017 6:07 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Iksar said:

Kilsin said:

Lokispawn said:

I am too man :)

Super excited about progeny as well!  Sounds like a really deep system and I'm glad to finally hear some examples of how it might work.

• 28 posts
    April 14, 2017 6:14 PM PDT

Everything in this months letter is making me SUPER excited.  I love the progeny idea and look forward to learning more about how it will work.  TOTALLY stoked about anything TS related, I don't care if the initial interface in Alpha is just a put stuff in container, click and hope system, I just want there to be something to start playing with.

• 7 posts
    April 15, 2017 8:38 AM PDT

"Players will be limited to one profession, and one associated specialization."

Super happy to hear this, as nearly every mmo I have played for a long time has allowed players to basically be able to do any crafting field they want, which results in many players only crafting their own items. This will be a really fun aspect to the game, where I will have to search for other players with their own specilizations in order to obtain or upgrade certain items. It's a great way to increase the social aspect of the game. I also think having harvested materials being in areas that is with respect to environment instead of level is pretty cool, and will make harvesting way more interesting, with having to go to specific locations instead of just staying in a level zone.

Has anything been decided on what fishing is going to be like? For example, some games have fishing that is advanced enough to the point that it is fun to just sit there for a while and spend time fishing, while other games make it the same as mining an ore, where it is just an action to get the material. Same goes for whether or not there will be large varieties of fish, with different locations having different fish, and some fish being rarer than others, and sometimes having super rare fish. I believe fishing is an often underappreciated aspect of mmo's that has the potential of being a really fun part of the game.  In some mmo's, some of my guildmates would often get on with the intention of doing nothing but fishing. It would be great if fishing could be a fun part of this game too.

This post was edited by Oracion at April 15, 2017 8:39 AM PDT
    • 3237 posts
    April 15, 2017 10:33 AM PDT

Oracion said:

"Players will be limited to one profession, and one associated specialization."

Super happy to hear this, as nearly every mmo I have played for a long time has allowed players to basically be able to do any crafting field they want, which results in many players only crafting their own items. This will be a really fun aspect to the game, where I will have to search for other players with their own specilizations in order to obtain or upgrade certain items. It's a great way to increase the social aspect of the game. I also think having harvested materials being in areas that is with respect to environment instead of level is pretty cool, and will make harvesting way more interesting, with having to go to specific locations instead of just staying in a level zone.

Has anything been decided on what fishing is going to be like? For example, some games have fishing that is advanced enough to the point that it is fun to just sit there for a while and spend time fishing, while other games make it the same as mining an ore, where it is just an action to get the material. Same goes for whether or not there will be large varieties of fish, with different locations having different fish, and some fish being rarer than others, and sometimes having super rare fish. I believe fishing is an often underappreciated aspect of mmo's that has the potential of being a really fun part of the game.  In some mmo's, some of my guildmates would often get on with the intention of doing nothing but fishing. It would be great if fishing could be a fun part of this game too.

I am particularly fascinated with fishing as well and find myself reminiscing back to the days of playing Breath of Fire 2 and Breath of Fire 3.  Single player RPG's on console systems, but fishing was so fun in those games!  If you found yourself an exotic body of water to fish from, you would basically drop whatever you were doing to kick back and toss the line in.  Some of the things I found particularly interesting were treasure chests that could be reeled in (extremely difficult, basically need to be a master fisher) and Marino men which were merchant NPC's.  They were pretty rare but if you ever caught one (I think we had to use a gold bar as our bait to attract them), it would grant you temporary access to a high-end NPC merchant.  I think something like this would be incredibly cool!  Even without the chests and Marino men, fishing can still be a ton of fun ... but tying other gameplay elements into fishing would be a blast!  I could see an entire group setting up camp around an exotic fishing node where the master fisher tries to reel in a chest or Marino man while the rest of the group grinds some XP.  If we ever capture a feeling like that with fishing ... GG

This post was edited by oneADseven at April 15, 2017 10:35 AM PDT
    • 64 posts
    April 15, 2017 1:11 PM PDT

Awesome read this month VR !!!

• 184 posts
    April 16, 2017 5:14 PM PDT

*continues spinning the broken record* - Great one this month guys. Nice strategy splitting the streams up as well : ) Full steam ahead to the 27th!

This post was edited by Zuljan at April 16, 2017 5:15 PM PDT
    • 175 posts
    April 17, 2017 9:17 AM PDT

Just letting you know, I'm available for the stream if you need another. :D