Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Beastlord Racial Pets

• 170 posts
    April 11, 2017 6:49 AM PDT

Totally off topic (but I hope not), should they add Beastlords or the Pantheon equivalent (Monk/Shaman hybrid) let's speculate what cool pets each race will have. First, we have to speculate which Races will have access to the Beastlord class. Ok based on the Race/Class chart her are some guesses: 

Archai, Dark Myr (cause they can be a monk so maybe?), Elf, Human, Ogre (because they can Shaman, so who knows), and Skar. 

So what pet type do you feel each should get?

If they ever did bring in the class because it is so loved and they did include Dark Myr would their pet also have to transverse water and land? Like a Beaver or Platypus? 

I hope this sparks some fun speculation that maybe even a guest Dev might comment on. Okay, folks let's see what everyone thinks?

• 308 posts
    April 11, 2017 7:11 AM PDT

Personally, while i have no fundamental issue with the class, i hope they don't add the beastlord class solely because i would like to see a little more divergance from EQ1 classes.  However, if they do, i think i would prefer them to have the ability to catch and master animals in the wild (kind of like hunters in WoW) rather than giving them a singular racial pet that they live with their entire life - gives a little variety.  Level 1 beastlord starts out and runs around with their tmaed rat while a level 50 (or whatever level is max) beastmaster is running around with some amazeballs rare animal from the depths (or top?) or Amberfaet...

• 2886 posts
    • 170 posts
    April 11, 2017 8:53 AM PDT

Bazgrim, I have even replied in some of those posts you linked. I was just trying to make a post about Beastlord class pets. Just a fun thing to spark imaginations while we all wait on Alpha. Not specifically on Beastlords because as you linked there or posts on them and where this differs, is pets.

Also, as Reht said, kind of, not only might we never have a Beastlord added and any added class is not even a pet class. I just thought this would be a fun topic because I bet much of this community has played one in EQ1 or EQ2. Now on to Reht's point that you should maybe start with one and then tame others. Maybe like EQ2 did with different pet class (12 I believe) and you could get 1 of each of the classes tame. But we could also change this into different pet class options or different hybrid options if people want. I was just bored and logged into EQ1 and saw my Beastlord with his epic claws and his pet Crocodile (because he's a Troll) and thought about pets. Sparking this post about their pets. I know we aren't supposed to talk about other games but since so many classes here are in other games, I thought it might be okay. I will have to wait and see what the Forum police say but I thought it could be fun to talk about. Please throw in ideas or tell me how much you hate Beastlords or pet classes it's all good. I won't need therapy if everyone hates Beastlords.

• 2886 posts
    April 11, 2017 10:01 AM PDT

Abacda said:

Bazgrim, I have even replied in some of those posts you linked. I was just trying to make a post about Beastlord class pets. Just a fun thing to spark imaginations while we all wait on Alpha. Not specifically on Beastlords because as you linked there or posts on them and where this differs, is pets.

Also, as Reht said, kind of, not only might we never have a Beastlord added and any added class is not even a pet class. I just thought this would be a fun topic because I bet much of this community has played one in EQ1 or EQ2. Now on to Reht's point that you should maybe start with one and then tame others. Maybe like EQ2 did with different pet class (12 I believe) and you could get 1 of each of the classes tame. But we could also change this into different pet class options or different hybrid options if people want. I was just bored and logged into EQ1 and saw my Beastlord with his epic claws and his pet Crocodile (because he's a Troll) and thought about pets. Sparking this post about their pets. I know we aren't supposed to talk about other games but since so many classes here are in other games, I thought it might be okay. I will have to wait and see what the Forum police say but I thought it could be fun to talk about. Please throw in ideas or tell me how much you hate Beastlords or pet classes it's all good. I won't need therapy if everyone hates Beastlords.

I see the focus is on pets. I mistakenly thought there was a question mark at the end of "should they add Beastlords or the Pantheon equivalent" rather than it being a hypothetical. Because I have seen some people ask questions that they already have asked in the past and were answered, but just forgot :P No worries.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at April 11, 2017 10:04 AM PDT
    • 69 posts
    April 11, 2017 12:03 PM PDT

Reht said:

Personally, while i have no fundamental issue with the class, i hope they don't add the beastlord class solely because i would like to see a little more divergance from EQ1 classes.  However, if they do, i think i would prefer them to have the ability to catch and master animals in the wild (kind of like hunters in WoW) rather than giving them a singular racial pet that they live with their entire life - gives a little variety.  Level 1 beastlord starts out and runs around with their tmaed rat while a level 50 (or whatever level is max) beastmaster is running around with some amazeballs rare animal from the depths (or top?) or Amberfaet...

I'm not a huge fan of pet classes in RPG world, but I know there are plenty who are. That being said, I would imagine a great lure (see what I did there) to "customize" your character by tracking, hunting, and taming the animal. If different animals had different stats and abilities (like traditional tabletop) this would provide great depth to the class. I would enjoy seeing this dynamic in PRtF, should they choose to add an animal-pet class (aka beastlord).

• 154 posts
    April 11, 2017 5:22 PM PDT

I remember Beast Lords. They were a pet class that was a Shaman Hybrid, right? Anyway they're kewl. So long as a Class more or less stands up on it's own it's OK by me. 

• 24 posts
    April 28, 2017 11:44 PM PDT

If I play a Beast Lord, I'd want a rabbit. It wouldn't really have to fight or do anything spectacular, just being cute and fluffy would be enough.

• 78 posts
    April 29, 2017 2:04 AM PDT

I present to you, the Rabbit of Caerbannog!