Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Mana Regen

This topic has been closed.
    • 80 posts
    April 4, 2017 6:44 PM PDT

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere (did a search-but did not dig real deep)

I would much rather have an animation that was a perma stun until i manually stopped regenerating or my mana pool become full than to sit down to regen mana.  Sitting seems so cheesy and i can't imagine a Gandolf type just sitting down in the middle of a fight. Another thing about this is that each class could have a really super cool animation...druid sucking power out of earth with roots coming out of him down into the ground-cleric in a pray to the sky stance with white light beaming down on him-Wizard sucking power out of his staff-etc etc.  If the issue is with the amount of spells you can have memorized I don't think it would be hard to put an extra button in the UI that was just for regenerating mana.  Not sure if regenerating will have a defensive penalty in game but this could easily be done also.

• 690 posts
    April 4, 2017 7:56 PM PDT

Rocon said:

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere (did a search-but did not dig real deep)

I would much rather have an animation that was a perma stun until i manually stopped regenerating or my mana pool become full than to sit down to regen mana.  Sitting seems so cheesy and i can't imagine a Gandolf type just sitting down in the middle of a fight. Another thing about this is that each class could have a really super cool animation...druid sucking power out of earth with roots coming out of him down into the ground-cleric in a pray to the sky stance with white light beaming down on him-Wizard sucking power out of his staff-etc etc.  If the issue is with the amount of spells you can have memorized I don't think it would be hard to put an extra button in the UI that was just for regenerating mana.  Not sure if regenerating will have a defensive penalty in game but this could easily be done also.

Really cool ideas!

Still though, I wouldn't be too worried about cheesy features. In a holy trinity focused game some things are going to be cheesy and not make much realistic sense...It just makes the game more playable as a game. Always remember Everquest next which may have tried to throw in a little TOO much realism.

I do believe I've seen other posts on this topic but can't remember where...someone else should be able to help you out=)

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at April 4, 2017 8:06 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    April 4, 2017 9:36 PM PDT

I typed "Mana" into the search function and got these, all of which are active and should be continued, rather than creating a new post man! We need to keep the forum clean and tidy and consolidate threads, if 20 people create "Mana" posts which one do I go to so I can retrieve info for the devs?

If we keep everything within one main thread and a few small variation threads it is much easier for you folks to find and read, me to find and relay to the devs and easier for new people and the community in general to find, read and join in on instead of spreading everything out across multiple threads where most fo the info will be ignored or lost.

For that reason I will need to close this but here are the links that relate to Mana that I found searching.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4453/mana-reserved-buffs - Cleric subforum

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4374/mana-regeneration-classes - Classes

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2583/the-colored-mana-system - Champion subforum (restricted to Champion and VIP)

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3910/out-of-mana-stamina-what-now - General Pantheon

All relate to Mana and variations of regen, who should have it and what the amount should be, please pick the one that relates best to your topic and join in to keep it going. :)