Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Seamless Zones

This topic has been closed.
    • 13 posts
    March 27, 2017 7:33 AM PDT

I'm new to the backers but I've been watching these forums for a pretty long time now. I haven't seen any discussions on the topic of seamless zones and was wondering if this will be implemented. I think a lot of people will remember vanguard zoning and camping the invisible lines to kill people and steal their money. I guess I would just assume that in this day and age we wouldn't have another game without seamless zoning. 

Will Pantheon have seamless zones?

• 332 posts
    March 27, 2017 7:37 AM PDT

There is zoning from my understanding, if that is what you mean ?

This post was edited by Xxar at March 27, 2017 7:38 AM PDT
    • 144 posts
    March 27, 2017 7:38 AM PDT

Hi Repoman

Not sure where it is stated, but the devs did mention they will be using zoning and not a full, open seamless world concept, more alike to EQ than other MMOs, but no instancing with regard to any meaningful content (leveling, raiding etc)

• 411 posts
    March 27, 2017 7:44 AM PDT

There are absolutely zone lines with loading screens (in the 3 months ago version of the game). It has been shown on stream and was introduced with glee as it is viewed as a positive feature by many.

• 13 posts
    March 27, 2017 7:45 AM PDT

Portalgun said:

Hi Repoman

Not sure where it is stated, but the devs did mention they will be using zoning and not a full, open seamless world concept, more alike to EQ than other MMOs, but no instancing with regard to any meaningful content (leveling, raiding etc)

Yeah I knew the dungeons were going to be EQ style, which is pretty awesome imo, but the loading between zones seems a little out-dated. I'm fine with whatever they do honestly but was hoping for seamless. Thanks for the answer though.

• 801 posts
    March 27, 2017 7:52 AM PDT

I think games like dayz 240km is a very hard one to do with 1000+ players.

• 32 posts
    March 27, 2017 7:56 AM PDT

No zones no massive death trains, i no play !

• 2886 posts
    March 27, 2017 10:15 AM PDT

From the FAQ:

(20.0) "Pantheon is a zone-based game as opposed to having a truly seamless world, although this could change as technology and tools evolve, either before or after launch. Regardless, however, our current technology and tools allow us to create truly vast, rich, and detailed zones. Players will not be running frequently into zone borders. Our larger zones also allow us to create long vistas and views, and in almost all cases, if you can see a location you can travel there.

We have lots of overworld adventure areas and overland dungeons where players don’t need to zone into but there may be several groups hunting there. Even in underworld and dedicated dungeon areas, they will be open world as well. It is all part of the shared experience we really want to capture."

• 9115 posts
    March 27, 2017 4:23 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

From the FAQ:

(20.0) "Pantheon is a zone-based game as opposed to having a truly seamless world, although this could change as technology and tools evolve, either before or after launch. Regardless, however, our current technology and tools allow us to create truly vast, rich, and detailed zones. Players will not be running frequently into zone borders. Our larger zones also allow us to create long vistas and views, and in almost all cases, if you can see a location you can travel there.

We have lots of overworld adventure areas and overland dungeons where players don’t need to zone into but there may be several groups hunting there. Even in underworld and dedicated dungeon areas, they will be open world as well. It is all part of the shared experience we really want to capture."

Thank you Baz :)

As BAzgrim kindly pointed out we have not only answered this in our FAQ but in other parts of the forums too, please use the search function or take the time to read our FAQ before creating a new thread as more often than not you will find your question has been answered already.

For that reason I will go ahead and close this thread down.