Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Are Fan Events Your Thing?

• 422 posts
    March 27, 2017 10:18 AM PDT

I have been to several fan expos and would absolutely love to visit one centered around Pantheon. I missed out on my chance to go to an SOE Live event for Everquest. 

• 3016 posts
    March 27, 2017 10:54 AM PDT

To echo others here, have always wanted to go,  but the events are too far away,  and I don't have a travel and hotel budget.  I do watch live streams of those events when available however. :)

• 133 posts
    March 27, 2017 12:28 PM PDT

I would without any question attend an event for Pantheon.

• 189 posts
    March 27, 2017 1:48 PM PDT
    I did attend SOE Live when they were to preview EQ Next, I wish I had been there for earlier fan fares when EQ was its most popular years.

If pantheon did have a fan fare, I would like to see a bunch of booths for gaming realted gear as well, like DX Racer, Razor etc.. As well as some good forums for discussion and show and tells.
    • 633 posts
    March 27, 2017 2:37 PM PDT

I would love to go to a fan event for Pantheon, if nothing else than to meet other players.  That being said, it would have to be close to me so that's not likely to happen  :)

• 9115 posts
    March 27, 2017 4:26 PM PDT

Nice replies folks, this is something I would love to attend :)

• 668 posts
    March 27, 2017 4:53 PM PDT

Absolutely "YES" and I would buy our tickets right now...

Give us some dates :) 

• 80 posts
    March 27, 2017 6:58 PM PDT

I went to Fan Fair a long long long time ago for EQ when I was in Fire and Fury. A bunch of the guild was there and it was a great time! I would go to a Panethon one in a heart beat. If only to be able to water balloon Kilsin and Brad would be worth it.

• 399 posts
    March 27, 2017 9:01 PM PDT

Never had a chance to go but would definitely go to Vegas for this.  

• 801 posts
    March 28, 2017 8:43 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Nice replies folks, this is something I would love to attend :)

Many of us would love to attend too, but with the issues regarding travels it mainly boils down to US going by themselves and a few dedicated people that travel long distances.

You would have to put a major showing in each of the NA areas, some in EU and maybe one or two in Aus.

Just saying, it is rather difficult to go to one... not that we dont want to. In canada we do not have the numbers that the US cities have. Heck half of the football games for highschool have more then our CFL games... So canada is not really a concern for the next 200 years.

• 257 posts
    March 28, 2017 10:52 AM PDT

Instead of going all out, I wonder if a smaller grass-roots style to start would be better. Send out feelers in different regions to estimate attendance size. If it's small, maybe just send one person to hang out for a bit. If it blows up big you can always surprise them with another Pantheon member. I'm sure people who attend will be willing to help, like record the event, and spread word through different internet mediums.

• 1618 posts
    March 28, 2017 11:03 AM PDT

Retsof said:

Instead of going all out, I wonder if a smaller grass-roots style to start would be better. Send out feelers in different regions to estimate attendance size. If it's small, maybe just send one person to hang out for a bit. If it blows up big you can always surprise them with another Pantheon member. I'm sure people who attend will be willing to help, like record the event, and spread word through different internet mediums.

SWTOR does its cantina tours, but they aren't highly populated.

I doubt too many people would travel just to hear one dev speak.

• 257 posts
    March 28, 2017 11:10 AM PDT

Beefcake said:

Retsof said:

SWTOR does its cantina tours, but they aren't highly populated.

I doubt too many people would travel just to hear one dev speak.

I agree that more Pantheon members will increase the desire to attend therefore have a larger audience. My reasoning is the size of the team. The team can continue to be productive if only one or two people go. If those two are Brad and Kilsin ... well drunk Kilsin atleast, he's more entertaining ... I believe the turnout will be rewarding.

• 38 posts
    March 28, 2017 5:21 PM PDT

My wife and I played EQ and EQ2 for years and years, but it was only a couple years ago that we attended our first SOE Live.  It was a blast.  The panels were awesome and meeting up with guildies at the con was a highlight of my life.  Unfortunately soon after theat SOE became Daybreak Games and they never held another one.  /sigh

I would make every effort to attend a #Fantheon should VR hold one.

• 154 posts
    March 28, 2017 5:51 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Have you ever attended a Fan Event for a game and would you like to see us host one for Pantheon at some stage? #Fantheon #PRF

Ye I've attended a Fan Event though, only for EQ. Yes I would like you to host one for Pantheon at some stage.

• 208 posts
    March 28, 2017 6:05 PM PDT

I have always wanted to go to EVE Fanfest, but logistically it being in Finland makes that difficult.

• 510 posts
    March 28, 2017 9:45 PM PDT

I attended many of the SOE Fan Fair events in Las Vegas.  In fact, I think I only missed one due to business travel.

• 69 posts
    March 29, 2017 2:33 AM PDT

An event for Pantheon would be nice but only after the game has had it's retail release.  Holding an event anytime before would be seen as hyping a game not available to consumers and would likely cause confusion to potential purchasers. 

• 22 posts
    March 29, 2017 8:30 PM PDT

I have never attended a fan event for a game or company before, mostly because I was never in a position to be able to do such things. Of course I would love to do so depending on certain circumstances and Pantheon would definitely be of interest.

• 844 posts
    March 29, 2017 11:52 PM PDT

I did attend EQ fanfaire 2003, about 2000 people were there I think. All I remember is something called a Warp Core. Here is a shot I managed to stitch together. I would attend a fan event, once there is something to be a fan of.

And here is a smaller group shot. These are mostly BotS and Tindi Losi peeps. The group that woke the first sleeper ever btw.

This post was edited by zewtastic at March 30, 2017 12:09 AM PDT