Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Any horders out there

• 319 posts
    March 25, 2017 9:44 AM PDT

No matter what game I play I have this insane need to save everything. If I do not know what it is for  or what it does I save it. If I know what it is for or think I may have a aneed of it in the future i save it.

Some way of knowing its purpose would be a  welcome addition. Also the drop of an item with a use that is not ingame yet is just a waste.  My bank is full of items that I do not know what to do with.

And if they make items to put in "slots" in your items like armor or weapons do not make them such easy drops. Or at least make them stackable

• 154 posts
    March 25, 2017 10:03 AM PDT

I have a friend who's a horder in WoW. She's wonderful abusolutely wonderful. More ofrten than not she has something I need squirled away in one her toons bank. In exchange My Mage having the engineering trade builds things for her. Since she loves PvP but hates rogues who stealh. They can attack with near impunity and kill before the victem is aware. Anyway I once built her a Robot that will peridodically send out beams to unsteath anything near. She loved it so much that I now have a never ending suppply of needed items. While I'm not a horder, I adore people like you!

• 97 posts
    March 25, 2017 10:09 AM PDT

My gf is a hoarder.  She kept every piece of raid gear she ever got on her VG toons in the bank when she replaced them.  She didnt do any crafting, or diplo, so she had hundreds of old pieces of gear sitting there. 

I think everybody is a bit.  There is alot of stuff you get in a game that you have no idea what it is for, so you hold onto just in case you may need it in future.  Especially if you plan to harvest or craft. 

• 1584 posts
    March 25, 2017 1:01 PM PDT

Hoarding in an MMO when your a tradeskiller just comes natural imho, like if your a blacksmith but cant make Full plate armor yet but got Ore to create it, you simply save it until you can and than start using it.  or if you a seller and just collecting enough to set up "your market" of selling goods for that time you decide to than im sure your bags are always pretty good, but i do know a ton of people that just hold on to things and just wait for either a friend or guildie that is need of them and help them out, either way hoarding is almost natural i guess in MMO's, but me if it isnt for my tradeskill i simply just sell it, make bag space and organization so much easier plus i hate seeing 5 of my 8 bags stuffed and more than half of it just trash loot.

• 2419 posts
    March 25, 2017 1:49 PM PDT

I am definitely a hoarder primarily because I never know when I might need something.  And in games where you aren't sure when something might be needed, like in EQ1 where a potential quest item had the tag 'Magic Item' with no other information given, I am compelled to keep it until I find where it is used.  I do this because I hate having to buy these off someone else when i'm just as capable of getting it myself.

• 187 posts
    March 25, 2017 5:05 PM PDT

I am in games, I'm not in RL. It's sort of hilarious. I used to get SO frustrated with my ex because  he'd find a random screw or bolt somewhere and keep it because, "we might need it someday." Or a piece of a toaster (seriously?!). Knobs, buttons, computer wires...

But then in games, I'm all like, "I might need it someday".

The hypocrisy of it is not lost on me. :p

• 57 posts
    March 25, 2017 6:50 PM PDT

I usually save the starter gear you get when you create a character. Then as I adventure I save bits and pieces of stuff that I find that could be useful later on or for a alternate character. Then there is the gathering of materials for crafting. I will literaly buy bank spaces bags and make as many alternates as I can to store my crafting supplies. In my last game Star Wars: The Old Republic, they introduced planetary invasions and one of the ways to conquer a planet after a week of fighting for it was crafting war supplies. I was able to craft 24/7 for 18 weeks straight on 10 different characters before I needed to go out and get more materials. In the end I ended up helping 2 guilds get there galactic conquerer titles for winning every planet.

• 3852 posts
    March 25, 2017 7:01 PM PDT

Gear that I have replaced I will cheerfully ditch. But as noted above most crafters seem to yell out "for the hoard" and keep that as words to live by.

• 1618 posts
    March 25, 2017 7:19 PM PDT

In EQ2, you saved a lot of collectio rewards, because you never knew when Daybreak/SOE, would suddenly nerf/buff an item in or out of BiS. Something crappy suddenly became needed.

Also, each new expansion, you would always save your old gear. They always nerfed the new gear within a few weeks. If you didn't save the old gear, you were screwed.

• 80 posts
    March 25, 2017 7:21 PM PDT

I hoard Kilsin bobbel heads does that count?

• 69 posts
    March 26, 2017 5:19 AM PDT

An identification system for items would be greatly appreciated by pretty much everyone.  With a new game, it's going to be hard to figure out what is vendor food and what may be important.  Without some type of identifier, people are going to run out of space pretty quick because they are afraid to get rid of items with unknown value.

Games that allow you to place old gear and items as decorations in player/guild housing is a nice way to hold onto sentimental gear without taking up inventory.  Hope something along those lines is implemented as well.

• 1618 posts
    March 26, 2017 12:49 PM PDT

I am considering buying an additional low level pledge that offers two copies of the game for additional bank space for wifey and I.

Probably cheaper than buying extra copies at release.

This post was edited by Beefcake at March 26, 2017 12:50 PM PDT
    • 47 posts
    March 26, 2017 1:41 PM PDT

I keep everthing I can. I love tradeskilling so I rarely sell mats, and I usually keep all the goodies you get from festivals, not to mention all the rare items/equipment from raids... In eq2 i have a lot of stuff from when the game first came out (thank god for their housing system!). In LOTRO I still have some of the original fear/disease/poison potions that took off ALL the debuffs, before they nerfed the potions to take off only 1 at a time. I'm a total hoarder.