Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Casting on the non-grouped

This topic has been closed.
    • 170 posts
    March 25, 2017 7:50 AM PDT

Hi all, one of the things I liked about EverQuest that I have noticed is not common in modern MMO's is being able to cast on anyone. i.e. when I was a low-level Troll Shaman and pulled too much in Innothule swamp and was sprinting to Guk to zone to safety. There would sometimes be a couple of higher levels at the entrance grouping up or heading out to sell. They would see me at low health running for my life and throw a heal, or a regen on me so I could turn and face my mobs. Then one day they inspected me and realized I was using a Bronze mace and handed me a Fine Steel Staff. I thought I was in heaven. I showed it to my Barbarian friend and he begged me for the Bronze mace this was original no expansion EQ. Throwing SoW, A Damage Shield, a Regen or helpful buff at others was a something I enjoyed as a Shaman. When I was traveling to Kunark in my early 40's standing on the dock in Oasis buffing, healing and helping the lower levels kept me occupied while waiting on the raft and most importantly helped others. I miss this aspect of MMO's. I truly think that is a valuable mechanic to MMO's, helping others. This post is me asking if this kind of casting will be available in Pantheon:RoTF, I'm, playing either way but I think this would be nice. It helped spark many a conversations and groups and I did like the MGB at the bank in PoP, I would take my Beastlord and throw in a Spiritual Dominion to go with the MGB KEI and MGB Virtue being cast. Just a thought, casting on others, not in your raid/group.

• 1618 posts
    • 170 posts
    March 25, 2017 12:05 PM PDT

Thanks Beefcake, I missed this and when I did a search I didn't see one.

• 9115 posts
    March 25, 2017 5:05 PM PDT

Beefcake said:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4360/do-buffs-encourage-socialization

As Beefcake kindly pointed out, we already have a thread on this topic and for that reason, this one will need to be closed, please use the search function prior to creating a new thread as more often than not you will find your question, thought or concern has already been answered or addressed over the last few years of development.