Forums » The Druid

Druid Spells

• Wig
    • 209 posts
    July 4, 2018 8:53 PM PDT
    I was just mentioning that the ranger gets an outdoor buff so I’m assuming the Druid will get something for being outdoors..possibly the environment effect spells. I hope they make charming worthwhile...maybe not at lower levels but possibly it could get much more beneficial at higher levels. A high level charmed creature with Druid buffs could tear stuff up
    • 31 posts
    July 5, 2018 9:51 AM PDT

Wig said: I was just mentioning that the ranger gets an outdoor buff so I’m assuming the Druid will get something for being outdoors..possibly the environment effect spells. I hope they make charming worthwhile...maybe not at lower levels but possibly it could get much more beneficial at higher levels. A high level charmed creature with Druid buffs could tear stuff up

No offense, but I hope for exactly the opposite.  Charm was so broken in EQ1, that it was rediculous.  I don't think they can give control of a NPC that is designed to challenge an entire group to just 1 PC and keep it fair.  So the alternative is to lower the power / HP / whatever of the monster which feels artificial.  

In games where the hero is supposed to fight groups of mobs, charm makes more sense, as no 1 mob is too powerful.  But given what we've seen of this one I think charm would be a nightmare.

• Wig
    • 209 posts
    July 5, 2018 10:30 AM PDT
    Are you saying charming in general or charming for specifically the Druid? Because the enchanters niche is mez and charm..so I’m guessing. What do you mean it was broken in EQ?
    • 31 posts
    July 5, 2018 10:47 AM PDT

I was referring to charming in general. It's just a game mechanic that doesn't work well in a game where 1 mob is designed to take on a group.  I remember charming wolves in, Plane of Nightmare I think?, and it was SO much faster than any other form of leveling.  Snare, charm, /pet stay, pull with snare, /pet attack.  When charm broke you just snared and charmed again.  If you ever ended with your pet low you just killed it and got a new one.  

• Wig
    • 209 posts
    July 5, 2018 11:06 AM PDT
    I was under the impression quad kiting was faster and more efficient. But I see where you’re coming from as one mob can take on an entire group. I’m figuring the charmed pet will take a big hit on health and damage, or possibly can only charm 5 or so levels below the toons level, so it isn’t considered OP. I feel we will still see charming for enchanters even if druids don’t get the ability for charming creatures.
    • 59 posts
    July 8, 2018 4:50 AM PDT

Druids need something that makes them wanted. Not just : '' Ok we have a healer , a tank and 2 dps ...lets look for 1 more DPS'' or oh a druid and a shaman lfg ...lets get the shaman cause of slow.

We need something groups really wanna have. Maybe Aura of Frost and Fire : Every damage spell cast has a 50% chance to cast an additional Strike of Frost/Fire for XX Damage. Making us wanted as DPS Support.

Or Buff : Strengh of the Lion : Increases the Cance to Critical Hit + Crit Damage by XX.

• Wig
    • 209 posts
    July 8, 2018 6:07 AM PDT
    Don’t get me wrong, I love for the Druid to have great buffs. But if that’s our main arsenal then raids will only require 1 Druid as a buff bot/environment manipulator. Or groups will kindly ask for our buffs but not invite us (lol). But I’m just speculating, I shouldn’t get ahead of myself. I feel like slow is a great utility spell and I hope druids will get something on par with it.
    • 4338 posts
    July 9, 2018 5:46 AM PDT

Nolaen said:

Druids need something that makes them wanted. Not just : '' Ok we have a healer , a tank and 2 dps ...lets look for 1 more DPS'' or oh a druid and a shaman lfg ...lets get the shaman cause of slow.

We need something groups really wanna have. Maybe Aura of Frost and Fire : Every damage spell cast has a 50% chance to cast an additional Strike of Frost/Fire for XX Damage. Making us wanted as DPS Support.

Or Buff : Strengh of the Lion : Increases the Cance to Critical Hit + Crit Damage by XX.

I have always been a believer that Climate control will be what sets the Druid apart from other classes in Pantheon and even other Druids in the genre. All the other buffs, heals, AoE's, etc. can still feel familiar as long as changing the climate makes them specifically desirable. Climates will likely come into play in both group and raid settings and in some cases, it will probably make a very big difference. And I think Druids are the only class where it would make sense to be able to manipulate the Climate system. If implemented well, it'd be a truly unique playstyle.

• 15 posts
    July 9, 2018 7:39 AM PDT

My issue with Druids and the Climate system is what happens once everyone has become acclimatised, what use will the druid be then? unless people never fully become acclimatised then we would still add some benefit, not enough is known about the climate system yet.

• 4338 posts
    July 9, 2018 9:24 AM PDT

rossjb said:

My issue with Druids and the Climate system is what happens once everyone has become acclimatised, what use will the druid be then? unless people never fully become acclimatised then we would still add some benefit, not enough is known about the climate system yet.

I suspect it'll be pretty rare that everyone is capably of being completely acclimated. But even still, the biggest example of other uses they've given so far is that mobs will also be affected by the Climate system. For example, if you're fighting an ice dragon, your Druid could create a temporary Scorching climate in the area so that the dragon is essentially debuffed while it's within that Climate. That sort of thing would always be useful. But it's also very possible the colored mana system will play into the Climate system as well. So your spells might be affected by the Climate you're in. We'll hafta wait till we get more info on colored mana for that, but the implications go far beyond just acclimation :)

• 2484 posts
    July 9, 2018 11:05 AM PDT

I imagine summoner could also fit the role of temporary climate changing. 

My only concern for Druid is going to be how their healing works and compares to the other two. 

• 264 posts
    July 11, 2018 6:02 PM PDT

Iksar said:

I imagine summoner could also fit the role of temporary climate changing. 

My only concern for Druid is going to be how their healing works and compares to the other two. 

Now, you know a little bit more about it! I personnaly love the passive Reverberation, Verdanfire Seed, and tree ability and dynamic gamestyle with the fox!

Reverberation

Passive Ability. When an ally is under the effects of any of your healing abilities and they are healed by another player in the group, that healing effect will jump to another group member as well.

Verdanfire Seed

You plant a mystical seed within your ally. This seed protects the target by absorbing up to X damage based on your level. When this amount is reached, the seed will bloom and heal your target for the amount of damage it absorbed. Y% of the effective healing your target receives will be refunded to you as Mana. You may apply a Verdanfire Seed to as many targets as you like but only one seed may be active on a target at a time. Once the seed blooms and the healing is applied, you may not cast this ability on the same target for Z duration.

• 15 posts
    August 7, 2018 9:26 AM PDT

Bringing this topic back, i love DRUIDs, the multi purpose role was alot of fun..

Powerleveling was alot of fun, sitting around newbie zones handing out buffs was a great social ability.. and Teleporting players around was a great way to make some money!

My take on spells are probably obvious, but i wanted to throw my outline onto the table.

Healing spells Second to Clerics

Buffs
    Skins/HP Buffs, Group/Single, Thorns, Strength, Movement Speed (sow), Levitation, Invisibility, See Invis, Regens, maybe even Change forms ( Like EQ Wolf/BeaR??? )

Offesnive
    Direct Damage Nukes, Area Affect Nukes, Various DOTs, minor debuffs with dots, maybe even minor dispells?

Crowd Control
    Roots, Snares ( would love to kite again ), Harmonies ( Pacifications ), Charming would be nice! basic FEAR line of spells?

Teleportation Spells are a must! and they should be hard to get, or require alot of manual travel to get them

i will add to this as i think.

• 281 posts
    August 24, 2018 8:56 PM PDT

I too worry that the Druid will end up as it did in EQ, chosen last.  The abilities in the newsletter are cool, to be sure, but they don't strike me as enough to make a Druid a solo healer in a group, nor a high dps class.  Again it seems to be decent support, ok heals, some damage.  Oh, and run speed.  The only thing the Druid has to do with weather, so far anyway, is that if its raining outside we get more lightning bolts and some heal bonus.  I was expecting more, but perhaps it is yet to be revealed.  I do look forward to testing the Druid in game, as I want it to be my main, I just hope they do it right is all.