Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Everquest Agnarr Progression Server - PoP Locked

• 52 posts
    March 20, 2017 1:50 AM PDT

DBG announced their latest TLP server last week. It looks like it will be just like Phinigel (instanced raids, one account per machine) except with faster exp rates and it will permanently lock at Planes of Power / Lost Dungeons of Norrath once it gets there.

https://www.everquest.com/news/new-progression-server-2017-planes-of-power

Anyone going to be trying it out?

• 1618 posts
    March 20, 2017 10:33 AM PDT

Assuming pre-alpha is not out, I will be there.

• 432 posts
    March 21, 2017 2:48 AM PDT

I have always tried out a TLP when it released so probably will again do so on Agnarr .

However I also always start to be bored by the grind around end Velious when I generally leave (back then in 99 I lasted slightly longer up to LDoN)) .

For me EQ has this inimitable  feel only in classic and Kunark where the richess and the scope of the world outweigh the nagging impression of wasting my time by grinding XP or camping some PH which has 0.1 % probability to spawn the named and to drop some good pixels ...

• 668 posts
    March 21, 2017 7:05 PM PDT

It is tempting as hell...

I have a level 50 Enchanter just sitting on Phinny...  took too long for the expansions to come out.

• 3237 posts
    March 22, 2017 7:31 AM PDT

How close is the experience compared to original EQ?  I tried the EQ2 TLP server and it tainted my memories of the game because of how different it was.  Granted I never played EQ, but it still has a sort of nostalgia that I have been able to experience vicariously through a lot of my friends.  The timing certainly doesen't help either ... if it were out right now I would probably consider taking a crack at it.

• 2886 posts
    March 22, 2017 7:56 AM PDT

oneADseven said:

How close is the experience compared to original EQ?  I tried the EQ2 TLP server and it tainted my memories of the game because of how different it was.  Granted I never played EQ, but it still has a sort of nostalgia that I have been able to experience vicariously through a lot of my friends.  The timing certainly doesen't help either ... if it were out right now I would probably consider taking a crack at it.

I personally don't think it's very reminiscent of old EQ. The amount of content is the only thing that's similar. The modern graphics and UI kinda kills the mood for me, so Project 99 is definitely a much more accurate representation of what it was like back in the day.

• 137 posts
    March 22, 2017 8:48 AM PDT
    I will be checking out, been in P1999 a few months and ready for content that's not completely locked down by a couple guilds holding everyone hostage. Some really nice people in P1999, but a fairly large group of some of the worst player behaviors I have seen in EQ....suppose that's what you get on free to play.
    • 44 posts
    March 23, 2017 9:15 AM PDT

oneADseven said:

Maybe it's changed a bit as I haven't played on a progression server in several years, but the last time I played on one the biggest issue that I saw was that buffs that had happened to classes, spells, etc, over the years hadn't been rolled back. Basically that made the whole thing extremely easy, ie - mage pets were basically gods.

I'm fine with stuff like XP being sped up and drop rates increased, because most people playing on a TLP are doing so for nostalgia and probably don't want to spend months leveling before they can see higher level content, but content being trivialized made it fairly un-fun for me.

• 5 posts
    April 4, 2017 7:41 AM PDT

Beefcake said:

Assuming pre-alpha is not out, I will be there.

I have always wanted to try out one of the TLP servers.  I took a jab at P1999 few years back but did not have the play time to invest in something like that.  Supposedly this Agnarr server has increased xp rate, which is great for folks with limited play time.  

I would be interested in joining the server on day 1.  

• 104 posts
    April 7, 2017 6:10 AM PDT

Super glad it's "PoP Locked". I wish expansions were move than 3 months apart though. That's not enough time to see everything an expansion has to offer! Not for me anyway. Still, pretty excited about it and will be there as soon as it opens!

• 104 posts
    April 19, 2017 11:43 AM PDT

Opening date announced! May 24.

• 1468 posts
    April 19, 2017 2:45 PM PDT

I'll consider checking it out. Will be good to be able to play right from the start. I missed out on the start of Phinny.

• 1618 posts
    April 19, 2017 4:05 PM PDT

Nothing better to do until pre-alpha. I will be there.

• 71 posts
    April 25, 2017 9:52 AM PDT

Yes, waiting for it now.  I started playing EQ around PoP release and always wished I had known about it earlier so I could have played it from release.  I see the P99 folks have started a guild 'Terminus Rising' - very cool.  Would love to play with you folks on Agnarr .... until PRF alpha of course. 8-)

<<< My opinions are not humble, they are just my opinions. >>>

This post was edited by msk12 at April 25, 2017 9:54 AM PDT
    • 10 posts
    April 30, 2017 3:38 PM PDT

I'll be playing on Agnarr as well while I wait for Alpha to start. I'll be playing a Cleric.

• 13 posts
    May 4, 2017 8:46 AM PDT
    Someone should start a guild over there specifically for people waiting on pantheon.
    • 5 posts
    May 9, 2017 6:08 AM PDT

BeaZt28 said: Someone should start a guild over there specifically for people waiting on pantheon.

Reviving this post to see if there actually is interest.  I myself will be playing with another buddy that plans to play Pantheon.

• 13 posts
    May 9, 2017 4:40 PM PDT
    I'm down to join if someone wants to make it. I should have atleast 2 friends joining as well.
    • 187 posts
    May 9, 2017 8:25 PM PDT

I'll join too!

• 18 posts
    May 9, 2017 9:24 PM PDT

Agnarr 'ntil Pantheon: https://discord.gg/5urMjU2

• 578 posts
    May 9, 2017 10:05 PM PDT

I will most likely start a bard on Agnarr. I wish they'd at least take it to GoD with GoDs original level cap though. I hear it is a good challenge and good raid content.

• 13 posts
    May 9, 2017 11:31 PM PDT
    I've done bard on both lockjaw and phinny. Loved it. I'm going enchanter this time since I'm considering enchanter in pantheon. Want to test the waters and see if I'm interested in pure CC.
    • 52 posts
    May 10, 2017 12:44 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

oneADseven said:

I personally don't think it's very reminiscent of old EQ. The amount of content is the only thing that's similar. The modern graphics and UI kinda kills the mood for me, so Project 99 is definitely a much more accurate representation of what it was like back in the day.

They're pushing out a new patch before launch that returns all npc and weapon models to how they originally appeared. This will impact all content from LDON and earlier. Unfortunately the full zone revamps remain, but this is a step in the right direction for sure.

• 13 posts
    May 10, 2017 9:42 PM PDT
    Where did you find the information on that patch? I don't see any info on it.
    • 5 posts
    May 12, 2017 5:22 PM PDT

never played EQ before , gonna be a real epic experince for me :D