Forums » Pantheon Classes

What is your most odd class in MMOs?

• 11 posts
    March 19, 2017 12:58 PM PDT

Now just thought I would do this for fun, What is the most odd class you have ever seen / played in a MMO??

For me it would have to be the Engineer from Gw2.

I mean you were seriously inspector gadget. Rocket boots, Slick shoes, Guns, Spring loaded Rams in your belt. It was crazy fun

(only down side being some cosmetic stuff)

So what is your odd wacky class? 

• 3 posts
    March 19, 2017 4:07 PM PDT

I think the MMORPG Shadowbane had some very cool classes, but in particular the Doomsayer class always stuck out to me.  They were basically an evil healer that focused on health/stamina/mana pool manipulation. 

• 170 posts
    March 19, 2017 6:00 PM PDT

Yes, Shadowbane had some good classes. I enjoyed being a Thief. I would stand in another guild's bank and while someone was depositing their spoils I would steal some of them without them knowing. So when they checked the bank to see what they deposited and realized they had stuff stolen I would already be gone stealing from someone else or one of the rune dropping mobs. Then I would sit and wait for someone to come try and get a rune and while they were killing the mob I would steal from them and then the mob would die and not drop a rune. Goodtimes.

• 2886 posts
    March 19, 2017 6:44 PM PDT

I usually avoid the strange classes, but your mention of the Engineer reminded me of the Artificer in DDO. I never played one, but I know that they had automatic crossbows, robot dogs, and could build turrets that shot flames in all directions.

• 2752 posts
    March 20, 2017 9:20 AM PDT

Like...half of all the classes in Anarchy Online. 

• 1778 posts
    March 20, 2017 9:30 AM PDT
    FFXIs Dancer. Odd but fun class. Rogue like dual-wielding frontline healer/buffer that used TP (built up stamina) to "cast". All with stylish dance moves and flamboyant outfits.
    • 624 posts
    March 20, 2017 10:22 AM PDT

It's not that odd, but Vanguard Bloodmage.  Balancing your life with that of your group.  Fun!

• 72 posts
    April 14, 2017 2:11 AM PDT

For me, it was probably the Puppetmaster from Final Fantasy XI.  You were a monk with a doll for a pet, and it was completly broken because you could equip max level attachments to it at Lv 1.  It could pretty much fill any role in a party and you geared up to look like a total clown.  LOLPUP for the win. :3

This post was edited by Farrinard at April 14, 2017 2:12 AM PDT
    • 1778 posts
    April 15, 2017 7:31 AM PDT

Yea my brother played PUP too. Was a very unique mix as well.

• 63 posts
    April 16, 2017 4:26 PM PDT

The most odd one we've played or the most odd one we can make up?

• 2886 posts
    April 16, 2017 5:19 PM PDT

Burnsmh said:

The most odd one we've played or the most odd one we can make up?

Itchen said:

most odd class you have ever seen / played in a MMO

You can make up classes in the Expansion Classes or Secret Class subforums, which are no longer relevant.

• 63 posts
    April 16, 2017 6:07 PM PDT

In that case, the puppet master from FFXI.