Forums » Support

Downloading the game???

• 1 posts
    March 19, 2017 8:25 AM PDT

Hi,  

Is this game not playable?  Can I download the beta or game since I spent $50.00 or is this some kind of sick scam?

• 1 posts
    March 19, 2017 8:38 AM PDT

Uh,  The game is not even really in Alpha yet as I understand.  There is still a long way to go before public release, or public beta for that matter.  Read the content carefully and thouroughly and you will see that this game is still in partial development

-Mark

• 80 posts
    March 19, 2017 8:42 AM PDT

The game is still in pre-pre-alpha so nope not yet. At 50 dollar you should be able to play once the beta state is reached. But this will take some more time. I would guess about a year. But that just my guess. No exact time has been given yet.Could take even longer to make it there.

• 36 posts
    March 19, 2017 11:09 AM PDT

Does troll rhyme with Cole?

• 4454 posts
    March 19, 2017 12:12 PM PDT

wamthump said:

Does troll rhyme with Cole?

I don't think he's necessarily a troll. Some people are just not familiar with the process of crowdfunding.

As others have said, whatever amount you paid is a donation toward helping VR develop the game. Game access and other rewards are not available yet, but the team is committed to fulfilling them when the time comes. The open development process is unusual, but far from a scam:

From the FAQ: 

"(8.0) We are pleased with the amount of progress we’ve been able to make with the resources we have. Currently we have multiple zones up on cloud servers and can play, test, and balance the core playable classes including combat, travel, and the abilities/spells/stances/actions for each base class. The foundation and core gameplay elements are present. Once testing, tweaking, and balancing is complete, we will continue forward, testing higher levels, adding more zones, and implementing any remaining features and mechanics.

We are working hard and prepping to bring in pre-alpha pledgers, and then alpha pledgers after that. The game must be ready, but we are heading strongly in that direction.

(8.1) The goal is that soon this year (2017) the very first group of players (pre-alpha pledgers only-- not alpha pledgers) will begin to be invited to help test. The game must be ready and have enough content. Then in Alpha we plan on having the entire continent of Kingsreach ready for testing. We don’t like to be evasive, but the timing must be right so our players can give us meaningful feedback, bug reports, etc. These earlier phases are traditional tests, rather than something along the lines of ‘early access’.

(8.2) Pre-alpha means that the game is still under heavy development. Some mechanics may not be in the game yet and everything you see could be changed before release. Next is Alpha, and then Beta. We stress the semantics because we have Pre-alpha, Alpha, and Beta access available at different pledge levels.

Ideally, we want to be in testing for a full year -- this approach helped launch past games in a solid, balanced way, and we want this for Pantheon as well.

(8.3) There are many variables involved and developing a massively multiplayer game is not an easy thing to do. Our goal is to be in alpha and beta testing at some point during 2017. The launch date is to be determined. Important: these dates are not set in stone and subject to change."

*Be conscious of posting things in relevant subforums. This does not belong in Guild Office. I suggest you check out https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/ to help get you up to speed. There is also a forum search function for you to find more info.

• 3242 posts
    March 19, 2017 12:58 PM PDT

Cole said:

Hi,  

Is this game not playable?  Can I download the beta or game since I spent $50.00 or is this some kind of sick scam?

The game is in pre pre alpha currently.   Not a scam game is still being built.  

• 8860 posts
    March 19, 2017 5:16 PM PDT

Cole said:

Hi,  

The game is currently in closed development, we will announce when it is ready for download so be sure to follow us on all official platforms.

This is at the top of the pledge page, it does say "once available".

"Support the development of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and get early access (once available), plus dozens of great in-game rewards and bonus perks. More than ten pledge options are available ranging from free forum access to VIP packages. Your contributions directly support the development of the game and you receive the Rewards of the Faithful!"

I have gone ahead and moved this to Support, as it doesn't belong in the Guild Office as it relates to a question about the games' availability, please be mindful of where you create new posts to avoid having them moderated/moved or removed in future.

• 1 posts
    June 10, 2020 5:30 PM PDT

What is the status on Alpha stage? I bought a pledge and am wondering what stage the game is in ?

• 625 posts
    June 11, 2020 11:24 AM PDT

Teleokenisis said:

What is the status on Alpha stage? I bought a pledge and am wondering what stage the game is in ?

The game is still in the Pre-Alpha stage. VR says that Pre-Alpha 5 will happen this summer and if we are lucky, it may be the last pre-alpha before going to Alpha.

• 625 posts
    June 11, 2020 11:28 AM PDT

Ondark said:

At 50 dollar you should be able to play once the beta state is reached.

I do not know if a pledge in the past earned Beta access at the $50 level, but:

The current $50 - Watcher's Pledge - does NOT get access to Beta.

• 587 posts
    June 11, 2020 4:59 PM PDT

Back in 2017 (when he posted this) I'm pretty sure any pledge level granted beta access.  There were some pledges as low as $45 that granted Alpha access back then too.  

The benefit of pledging early :)   (the risk/reward factor!  just like in-game haha)

• 1626 posts
    June 13, 2020 12:34 PM PDT

Ranarius said:

Back in 2017 (when he posted this) I'm pretty sure any pledge level granted beta access.  There were some pledges as low as $45 that granted Alpha access back then too.  

The benefit of pledging early :)   (the risk/reward factor!  just like in-game haha)

Just before the pledges were updated in 2016 the cheapest you could get into alpha was 100$.

• 625 posts
    June 13, 2020 5:33 PM PDT

Ranarius said:

I bought a $50 pledge in 2017 and it did NOT include Beta.

People should really make sure of their info when answering questions on the support forums.

• 587 posts
    June 13, 2020 7:46 PM PDT

Interesting.  I guess the info I'm seeing is all lies then.  Looks official, but I won't post a link here if it's not accurate.

• 155 posts
    June 15, 2020 11:48 AM PDT

Jothany said:

Ranarius said:

People should really make sure of their info when answering questions on the support forums.

Ranarius is actually correct. There was a brief time when the pledges were just introduced where we honored the original Kickstarter backers. Two of the packages did have Alpha testing access at a level lower than $100. There weren't many other pledge rewards in it but they do get to help us test in Alpha.

• 1626 posts
    June 17, 2020 6:30 PM PDT

Artois said:

Jothany said:

Ranarius said:

Ranarius is actually correct. There was a brief time when the pledges were just introduced where we honored the original Kickstarter backers. Two of the packages did have Alpha testing access at a level lower than $100. There weren't many other pledge rewards in it but they do get to help us test in Alpha.

Either your time frame is off or I want my money back lol...

I waited as long as possible to pledge.  We were notified the cost of pledges were going up in a couple weeks in 2016 so I pledged.  I got the cheapest one I would get into alpha with and that was 100$.

I know your timeframe is off Artois...those pledges that honored the kickstarter wasn't in 2017...

• 587 posts
    June 17, 2020 6:39 PM PDT

Were you an original kickstarter backer?  

This post was edited by Ranarius at June 17, 2020 6:39 PM PDT
    • 1626 posts
    June 17, 2020 7:19 PM PDT

Are you saying that as if 3 years later they decided to honor kickstarter pledges...and refund the pledges to people from kickstarter who had later pledged in those 3 years?  That didn't happen...what am I missing?  The time frame is simply off...

• 625 posts
    June 17, 2020 7:50 PM PDT

Artois said:

Jothany said:

Ranarius said:

Artois, I know that all pledges on the Kickstarter will be honored and that some gave Alpha starting at $45. I also knew that some of those pledges may have been still offerered  a few months later when Brad launched the first website - PantheonRoTF - in April of 2014.

But from July 2014 forward, we can see (on the internet archive) the pledge page offering no actual Pledges at all for less than $100 (which did get Alpha & Beta both).

Starting Sept 2016 and going forward, the pledges changed and we see the cheapest Beta for $100 and cheapest Alpha for $250, which was still the condition in 2017.

As I was responding to a specific claim by Renarius about pledges available in 2017, I'm confused about how he was correct?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

This post was edited by Jothany at June 17, 2020 7:51 PM PDT
    • 155 posts
    June 18, 2020 4:18 PM PDT

Jothany said:

Artois said:

Jothany said:

Ranarius said:

Artois, I know that all pledges on the Kickstarter will be honored and that some gave Alpha starting at $45. I also knew that some of those pledges may have been still offerered  a few months later when Brad launched the first website - PantheonRoTF - in April of 2014.

But from July 2014 forward, we can see (on the internet archive) the pledge page offering no actual Pledges at all for less than $100 (which did get Alpha & Beta both).

Starting Sept 2016 and going forward, the pledges changed and we see the cheapest Beta for $100 and cheapest Alpha for $250, which was still the condition in 2017.

As I was responding to a specific claim by Renarius about pledges available in 2017, I'm confused about how he was correct?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

He was correct in that there were early pledges that allowed for access at a lower price. No, they weren't in 2017. I was responding to the question of whether there were actually pledges at a lower price that rewarded with Alpha testing. In 2017, the lowest pricing for alpha testing was $250 with the Pathfinder pledge.

• 625 posts
    June 19, 2020 2:01 PM PDT

Thanks man, appreciate the clarification.

:)