Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Free heroic character

• 578 posts
    March 16, 2017 9:21 PM PDT

EQ1 is giving everybody who has ever played EQ1 a free heroic character. Normally, these cost like 3500 DBC credits or whatever they are AND I believe you have to be a sub. Could be wrong on that last part but I know you at least need to pay the 3500ish credits.

https://www.everquest.com/news/free-heroic-character-eq-18th-anniversary

For those who don't know what a heroic character is, it's a free boost to level 85 character of your choice that comes with all sorts of stuff to ensure you are situated at level 85. A ton of AAs, armor, bags, items, etc. You can create this character on any server except for the progression servers. 

I'm playing on Phinny atm but I'm going to create a 85 char on probably either Cazic Thule, or Xegony, or one of the more popular servers here in a moment. This could be something to hold people over for a bit if we could get a bunch of people together on the same server. I'll admit, playing on Phinny is fun especially with all the nostalgia. But playing an 18 year old game in the early levels is really simplistic and I would love to have something more complex. I have never played EQ after LDoN so I wouldn't know about what the game is like with 85+ levels but I'm pretty sure you can get more spell slots and with a bunch of new abilities the game sounds like it would be more in depth especially with combat.

If anybody is interested chime in here, and if we can get a bunch together maybe we can get something to hold our interest for a bit.

• 624 posts
    March 17, 2017 6:35 AM PDT

I don't have much free time these days, but if there was an EDT-friendly group forming up I would give it a whirl.  I never played at level 85, would be interesting.  Not a bard though, maybe a healer?

• 2886 posts
    March 17, 2017 7:16 AM PDT

It's obviously never a good sign of a healthy game to give away free high level boosts. But that shouldn't really come as a surprise considering its age. The fact that it's even still around at all is impressive. I'd be fooling myself if I said I'd turn down a free epic character lol. Hmm... now to decide which class. Mine will be on Povar.