Forums » The Shaman

What race will you be?

• 60 posts
    August 4, 2017 5:40 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Nymphey said:

I thought you were an Erudite pally?

You can have more than one character in EQ, ya know :P

I know I had just happened to read his other post about Erudites. 

On the note of the actual topic tho... if I do end up on a shaman, I will Most likely play skar.

Not a fan of being big in games, and an elf or human shaman... would just be too odd to play.

• 525 posts
    August 11, 2017 3:19 PM PDT

Nymphey said:

Eurd said:

I will more than likely choose Ogre to balance out the heavier spell casting side of the class to force it as much a possible into a hybrid class.  I was an Ogre shaman in EQ I as well.

I thought you were an Erudite pally? And everyone was a Ogre shaman... but us cool kids were iksar shamans :P

Gasp! I was a Barbarian shaman...until the Iksar race was introduced! But I always went back to my first character in EQ1. Halas/Everfrost was such an awesome place.

• 67 posts
    October 5, 2018 3:15 PM PDT

lookin strongly at making a Archai Shaman looks like a good race, but really kinda waiting for the racial passives to drop if there will be any, also would like to see racial starting stats as well before making a final decision.

• 21 posts
    October 6, 2018 8:41 AM PDT
    Ogre all the way, end game the stats usually balanced out between the races in eq1 with gear and aa. Only racial passive ability that mattered for a shaman was frontal stun immunity.
    • 13 posts
    December 3, 2018 10:10 PM PST
    Archai
    • 67 posts
    January 10, 2019 7:25 AM PST

nice

This post was edited by Bannik at January 10, 2019 7:26 AM PST
    • 36 posts
    February 3, 2019 11:11 PM PST

Archai look pretty cool and have an intersting backstory, but I just can't turn my back on The Nine God of the Skar.  

• 12 posts
    February 20, 2019 2:11 PM PST

Abacda said:

Well, since there are no Trolls, I will be making a Skar Shaman. I only hope we get alchemy and that some of the best items are bone. Bone Shield, Bone Spear, Bone Totem, Bone Armor, etc.

I am so bumbed, I can't be a Troll Shaman. I will miss my green alter-ego.

Probably will play a Skar or an Ogre, I guess. It doesnt seem right playing a non-evil Shaman. 

-Chris

This post was edited by trukk at February 20, 2019 2:12 PM PST
    • 67 posts
    October 30, 2019 7:03 AM PDT

My Main is now an Archai Shaman. I think it will be a homerun!

• Wig
    • 209 posts
    November 1, 2019 6:38 AM PDT
    Hear me out. Ashen Elf Shaman

Increases the effectiveness of Nature abilities.
    -increases damage done by your DoTs due to them being nature damage

20% chance to resist Spell interruption and Counterspell abilities.
    -Just good to have a spell caster all around.

Ashen Elves gain additional Spell Rating for each point of Wisdom
    -further increases damage of DoTs/healing abilities?

Profession- Alchemist specializing in Toxins
    -MOAR DOTS

If toxins are nature damage, possibly will gain benefit from elf racial of increased nature abilities? (It’s a stretch)

Of course, I’m only working with our innate passives, will need to see active racials to get a better idea of race. But as of right now for a DoT damage shaman..it’s elf

• 59 posts
    November 4, 2019 8:39 AM PST

Wig said: Hear me out. Ashen Elf Shaman Increases the effectiveness of Nature abilities. -increases damage done by your DoTs due to them being nature damage 20% chance to resist Spell interruption and Counterspell abilities. -Just good to have a spell caster all around. Ashen Elves gain additional Spell Rating for each point of Wisdom -further increases damage of DoTs/healing abilities? Profession- Alchemist specializing in Toxins -MOAR DOTS If toxins are nature damage, possibly will gain benefit from elf racial of increased nature abilities? (It’s a stretch) Of course, I’m only working with our innate passives, will need to see active racials to get a better idea of race. But as of right now for a DoT damage shaman..it’s elf

All our heals are water. Water is nature so I think your are on point that with an Ashen Elf we would get a increase to Dmg, but I also think we would get a bonus to healing too. Because our healing is for the most part water = nature.

I'm going with an Ashen Elf or the Archai. 

Elemental Attunement

1. Grants a bonus to the effectiveness of abilities that match the elemental attunement of the archai. Just attune to water for better healing as an Archi.  What ya think?

This post was edited by Vander at November 4, 2019 9:06 AM PST
  • Wig
    • 209 posts
    November 4, 2019 9:05 AM PST
    Are you sure water is considered to be nature? If water is nature then archai will only get a benefit to water based abilities when the ashen gets bonus to all forms of nature abilities. Of course, we don’t know the percentage of the bonuses. I’m confused on what abilities would be considered nature...or if nature has several subtypes such as water/earth/shock (druids lightning) I like ashen specifically for the increased nature damage spells.

I’ve also been thinking about human for it’s haste ability. As shaman we get haste through casting and increasing our vision. So the 2% might be pretty good for quick casting. If haste effects the tick times between HoTs and DoTs it may be a good choice. If it just increases spell casting speed, I don’t think it’s worth it.
    • 59 posts
    November 4, 2019 9:15 AM PST

Nope. I'm not sure VR is going to consider water nature in game. Just me. I consider water,fire,wind,trees,grass and so on to be nature. Lightning is nature to me also. You never can tell with the VR team what is going to fall under nature in PROtF. 

Humans sound good to me too. I think out of the five races that can be a shaman Ogre's, and Skar's get the shaft when it comes to play a shaman with what information we have now.

• 12 posts
    November 4, 2019 9:15 AM PST

Not planning on Min / Maxing.  Since I can't be a Troll...gonna be another evil race.  Leaning towards Skar, since that seems the least popular.  No idea what kind of Shaman that will make.  Should be interesting.

Hopefully it won't be EQ Launch Ranger 2.0.

This post was edited by trukk at November 4, 2019 10:00 AM PST
  • Wig
    • 209 posts
    November 4, 2019 10:41 AM PST
    I’m bummed about skars passive racials. But we still should wait and see what the active racials are before deciding. A very good active racial on a relatively short cooldown could sway me to another race choice. If it synergizes well with shaman class that is.

It depends on exactly how you want to specialize as a shaman. More melee oriented? Ogre. More spell damage oriented? Elf/Human. More healing oriented? Archai/Human/Elf(if elves racial of wisdom increases healing throughput)
    • 59 posts
    November 4, 2019 11:25 AM PST

I wanted to be an Ashen Elf or a Skar.Now I'm going with the Elf or Archai. I hope the VR team revisits the Skars racial passives. Keeping fingers cross that Skars get  regenerate since we have no Trolls or Iksars. Along with at least one more shaman good racial passive.

If that happens I'll play the Skar. Otherwise it looks like the Ashen Elf  or the Archai for me as of today 11/4/2019.  { Note to self: Slow down and proof read before you post and stop calling Brad Ben. }

This post was edited by Vander at November 7, 2019 5:38 AM PST
    • 275 posts
    November 20, 2019 10:43 AM PST

I'll most likely alt Shaman at some point and right now Archai makes the most sense to me.