Forums » The Druid

Druid spell duration

• 251 posts
    March 12, 2017 11:42 AM PDT

I hope that VR gives druids a better duration on thier buffs. Or a shorter duration on mana regen. After playing my druid since launch I came to think the spell duration for buffs was much to short. I like to solo a lot and after I get through buffing myself and meddinf to get my mana back it seemed that the buffs wuld only last one battle or so. I would usually only use armor, sow, and maybe a damage shield so I could get into the fray faster. Even then the damage shield would fade sometimes before the mob was dead. Do not get me wrong, I loved eq1  from launch  until i stopped because it was getting to weird.

So make the buffs last longer or make it so mana regened a little faster. Please. 

• 2579 posts
    March 12, 2017 3:21 PM PDT

Isaya said:

I hope that VR gives druids a better duration on thier buffs. Or a shorter duration on mana regen. After playing my druid since launch I came to think the spell duration for buffs was much to short. I like to solo a lot and after I get through buffing myself and meddinf to get my mana back it seemed that the buffs wuld only last one battle or so. I would usually only use armor, sow, and maybe a damage shield so I could get into the fray faster. Even then the damage shield would fade sometimes before the mob was dead. Do not get me wrong, I loved eq1  from launch  until i stopped because it was getting to weird.

So make the buffs last longer or make it so mana regened a little faster. Please. 

The bottom line is that there has to be downtime. And there has to be balance. It's really just a simple matter of balancing. I am curious to see how they differentiate classes by giving some classes a higher concentration of powerful buffs with high mana cost and/or short duration and other classes having a higher concentration of less powerful buffs with low mana costs and/or long durations. You can't have the best of both worlds, unfortunately. If you want less downtime, you will likely have to pay for it in other areas.

• 30 posts
    April 20, 2017 8:04 PM PDT
    obviously there is a give and take here. I imagine the point was that some buffs could have a long duration and that would add to game play by saving mana or power for battle spells. Having an armor buff that you can cast on you or a friend that lasts four hours, makes them more sellable, group centric and less cumbersome. Damage, heal or cc abilities of course would not have these timers.