Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Vanguard Players - Make a Pantheon Players website?

This topic has been closed.
    • 1468 posts
    March 6, 2017 4:33 PM PST

So for all you old Vanguard players you probably remember the Vanguard Players website. For those that never played Vanguard it was basically a website that showed your level, character name, race, stats, equipment, guild and other important information about your character. As a guild leader if I wanted to recruit someone all I had to do was look at their Vanguard Players profile and I'd see all the information that I needed. For old EverQuest players it was basically like Magelo but much better.

It also tracked acheivements so if you discovered an item as a server first on your on your server or even a server wide discovery it would should it on your Vanguard Players profile so you could show off to other players. This also included crafted items so if you were the first person to craft an item it would show on the item on the Vanguard Players website. Personally I loved the website and found it really useful. It was also cool to be able to see who discovered each item in the game.

Does anyone else want to see a Pantheon Players website that is similar to the Vanguard Players website? Personally I think that would be awesome :).

• 578 posts
    March 6, 2017 6:48 PM PST

My question is, was it a 1st party site or a 3rd party website. I used it occasionally so I have nothing against one for PRF but I always wondered if the VG devs created it or a fan of the game.

• 1281 posts
    March 6, 2017 6:53 PM PST

I really liked Magelo for EQ.

• 626 posts
    March 6, 2017 7:06 PM PST

Something like http://pantheon101.com/?

• 1468 posts
    March 6, 2017 8:10 PM PST

NoobieDoo said:

My question is, was it a 1st party site or a 3rd party website. I used it occasionally so I have nothing against one for PRF but I always wondered if the VG devs created it or a fan of the game.

It was made by the developers of Vanguard so it was a 1st party site.

• 1468 posts
    March 6, 2017 8:11 PM PST

Saicred said:

Something like http://pantheon101.com/?

Pantheon 101 isn't directly linked into the Pantheon backend so some features of Vanguard Players would be impossible to implement. Things like server firsts for instance.

• 31 posts
    March 6, 2017 8:21 PM PST
    They had this for EQ and EQ2 as well. The EQ players sites were linked directly with the character online. So if you changed your equipment and waited 10 to 15 minutes you could see the change online. They also did a lot of statistical tracking. Player profiles were tracked by stats so you could actually see who had the most intelligence on the server or the whole game etc. It was like a Magelo except you didn't have to update anything or have a separate subscription to a different site. It was really neat but I could see it being a resource that developers might not be so interested in maintaining on a go forward basis but I think it would be awesome.
    • 66 posts
    March 7, 2017 3:14 AM PST

wait..i knew i saw this thread before. Cromulent, you started this same thread almost exactly a year ago lol.i just searched for Vanguard and found it.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2730/does-anyone-remember-the-vanguard-players-website

my responce on that thread still holds true to this day :D

• 2886 posts
    March 7, 2017 6:43 AM PST

Furty said:

wait..i knew i saw this thread before. Cromulent, you started this same thread almost exactly a year ago lol.i just searched for Vanguard and found it.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2730/does-anyone-remember-the-vanguard-players-website

lol!

I liked EQPlayers and wouldn't mind seeing something like that for Pantheon. But it would be up to the devs because I remember them saying that type of information would not be made available to the public. I'm sure it's not really at the top of their priority list, but I always enjoyed looking up statistics and spying on people's gear haha

• 556 posts
    March 7, 2017 8:20 AM PST

This would have to be something the dev's build as they have already said the framework for the info exporting won't be a thing. I wouldn't mind it though. Helps me to plan out my nights while I am bored at work lol.

• 595 posts
    March 7, 2017 8:57 AM PST

For anyone that can't remember or never saw it, here's VGOemu's version.  For anyone who played WoW, Battle.net has a similar feature.

• 1468 posts
    March 7, 2017 9:58 AM PST

Furty said:

OMG. My memory is awful LOL. Really sorry about that :(. Now I feel silly.

• 121 posts
    March 7, 2017 12:12 PM PST
    Lol...Im with ya Cromulent. I can't remember last week but I can remember things from 18yrs ago like it just happened. But back to the post at hand. I think it's a great tool to bring back. Wrap it up in a pretty little android app and I'll have more to do while I'm supposed to be working. ;)
    • 578 posts
    March 7, 2017 12:31 PM PST

Cromulent said:

NoobieDoo said:

That's what I was thinking but wasn't 100%. Could a 3rd party even make a site like this? Seems like the devs would have to create it.

• 2886 posts
    March 7, 2017 12:44 PM PST

NoobieDoo said:

Cromulent said:

NoobieDoo said:

That's what I was thinking but wasn't 100%. Could a 3rd party even make a site like this? Seems like the devs would have to create it.

It's possible, but only if the devs allow it. DDO had a 3rd party site similar to this. But VR has said they will not make the necessary information available to players.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at March 7, 2017 12:44 PM PST
    • 31 posts
    March 7, 2017 12:47 PM PST

Well there is a third-party site that is similar. It is not quite as in-depth as the Dev driven sites. But here is an example of my character in Everquest (her profile hasn't been updated in a while so excuse the lame stats ) https://eq.magelo.com/profile/918154 and it's run off this third-party website https://eq.magelo.com.

The big differences is on EQ players you could choose to keep your character private but they would still show up in the rankings, their name just said private. On Magelo if you choose not to go and register your character just  doesn't exist on that site. So that's another difference between Dev driven sites and third-party sites. So I believe it is possible for someone to be created third-party site to do this but without info exporting of game files I think it would be a lot of work and would still not be as in-depth.

This post was edited by AlexisSummerwood at March 7, 2017 12:50 PM PST
    • 1618 posts
    March 7, 2017 1:18 PM PST

That only works if VR is sending out all that API information, which they stated they don't want to do.

• 2752 posts
    March 7, 2017 2:45 PM PST

Could be something included in the Pantheon App they are thinking about. 

• 9115 posts
    March 7, 2017 4:56 PM PST

Thank you Furty :)

Please refer to the original thread folks, duplicates will always be closed and people directed to the earlier threads which is links above and I will include it here for convenience: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2730/does-anyone-remember-the-vanguard-players-website

The search function is lonely and needs some love :)