Forums » Pantheon Classes

Classes Buff/nerf by game

• 12 posts
    March 1, 2017 8:51 PM PST

I would like to start a topic that we can express our views on which classes had it right and which ones need work in other games. Ill start with EQ1

Shaman - ill start with this since I believe it was the WORST eq1 class. they need the ability to do something besides buff (i know they were excellent buffers).

Summoner -(mage) Perfect class, only issue is OTHER classes mainly warriors needed buffing to compete with them. 

Palidin - at least up to popthis class was too weak and not.... holy? enough. I hate to say it but Wow had it more right... probably too strong.

Cleric - perfect. 

Warrior - too weak, I dont believe they should be forced to be a tank or nothing.  Buff dps maybe?

Ranger - too weak in eq. I belive it should be focused more on the archery aspect as well, less so long tedious kiting. somewhere inbetween eq1 ranger and wow hunter. 

rogue- perfect. 

monk - perfect. 

enchanter - PERFECT please dont touch enchanter. 

wizard - Perfect.

druid - good. find a way to make them druidish without being forced to kite so long when soloing. 

dire lord- no comparison i gues. I liked SKS

• 2752 posts
    March 1, 2017 10:33 PM PST

Without getting too into this; Shaman, at least Kunark/Velious era, were probably the strongest class and the best soloer to boot.

You missed:

Bard: Excellent class, great utility and tons of fun/creativity involved. Causes carpel tunnel and other hand related injuries. 

• 780 posts
    March 1, 2017 11:22 PM PST

Shamans were quite strong early in EverQuest.  They had really nasty poisons and diseases, stat debuffs, and melee slows.  Groups were almost always excited to get one, and they soloed very well.

• 2886 posts
    March 2, 2017 5:58 AM PST

I can't really tell what this has to do with Pantheon. Are you suggesting that VR make exact copies of the classes from EQ1 and then only make slight tweaks where necessary?