Forums » News and Announcements

The Team Just Keeps Growing!

• 9115 posts
    March 1, 2017 3:57 AM PST

Dear Pantheon Community,

Please join us in welcoming another valuable addition to the ever-growing Visionary Realms team!

Nick "Jimmayus" Reynolds joins the team as a Lore Historian. A diehard fan of the older era of Final Fantasy 11, he originally became interested in researching and writing explanatory essays on Pantheon's lore forums as a way to blow off steam from his job as an attorney. His primary responsibilities will include populating the dev-facing bestiary, lore glossary and timelines, writing explanatory memoranda and serving as a general living lore encyclopedia. He looks forward to working with both the team and with helping to grow the Pantheon lore community.

Please help us make Nick feel welcome!

• 624 posts
    March 1, 2017 4:14 AM PST

Wonderful news, great to hear.  Lore breathes life into any game, making the world immersive.

Congratulations Nick...I bet you and Istuulamae will have a lot to discuss.  

When you can, please tell us what type of hat the Keeper wears!  Curious bards want to know.  Does it have a feather?

This post was edited by Kumu at March 25, 2017 11:44 AM PDT
    • 1618 posts
    March 1, 2017 4:55 AM PST

Well deserved. 

• 763 posts
    March 1, 2017 5:00 AM PST

Congrats Jimmayus!

Be nice to see more of the Lore unfold ....
    ... particularly looking forwards to the lore explaining why Summoners are so awesome!

Evoras, may be impartial but his pets are not!

• 384 posts
    March 1, 2017 5:20 AM PST
    What a freaking cool title!! So glad VR places such importance on the lore. Congrats and welcome!
    • 626 posts
    March 1, 2017 5:29 AM PST

Love seeing this, very solid pick up for team VR. Congratulations Nick, and look forward to seeing your work on the Pantheon lore continue!

This post was edited by Reignborn at March 1, 2017 5:29 AM PST
    • 142 posts
    March 1, 2017 6:01 AM PST

Gratz Jimmayus!

and well deserved!  You have a deep understanding and passion of the Pantheon Lore.

• 1778 posts
    March 1, 2017 6:29 AM PST

Awesome Jimmayus! You earned it brother!

Have fun dropping lore bombs! ^.~

• 284 posts
    March 1, 2017 6:54 AM PST

Thank you guys for the well wishes. Haha Evoras, basically one of the only personal questions i've asked was about Summoners, since they were my favorite FFXI class. Obviously I can't tell you about what's happening with unreleased stuff but, once Istuulamae explained to me the reason and the way most spellcasting jobs obtain their powers I understand why there are racial restrictions. Saying anymore would spoil the surprise though.

So Kumu, this announcement dropped at 6 a.m. my time and my Skype pinged me. I rolled out of bed, saw your response and wanted to make a joke like "he wears a tricorne crossed with a santa hat", but I realized I basically described a jester cap so that should explain why I'm the historian and not the writer.

• 2886 posts
    March 1, 2017 7:10 AM PST

Just a few weeks ago...

Bazgrim said:

Give this man a "Lorekeeper" forum badge!

I guess they took my advice and ran with it and gave him a VR badge lol.

Congrats, Jim. I can only imagine how excited you are.

• 77 posts
    March 1, 2017 7:18 AM PST

Congratulations! I am excited for more lore to be pumped out!

• 780 posts
    March 1, 2017 7:20 AM PST

Good plan.  A world needs its own history books to feel real.

EDIT:  Congratulations again, Jim.

This post was edited by Shucklighter at March 1, 2017 7:21 AM PST
    • 191 posts
    March 1, 2017 7:28 AM PST

Congrats Jim.  I look forward to seeing your work!

• 84 posts
    March 1, 2017 7:28 AM PST

Grats to the Jim people!

• 1618 posts
    March 1, 2017 7:59 AM PST

You have been officially in place for at least 4 hours and we still have no new lore drops. Stop slacking and get to work!

• 781 posts
    March 1, 2017 8:28 AM PST

Awesome Congratz Jimmayus ! :) 

• 81 posts
    March 1, 2017 8:29 AM PST

Congrats!  Well deserved.  Look forward to seeing your work in an "official" state now.

• 595 posts
    March 1, 2017 8:36 AM PST

Grats Jimmayus!  I've always appreciated your contributions and works on these forums and I look forward to seeing more!

• 157 posts
    March 1, 2017 8:48 AM PST

Cool position :) Grats Jimmayus

• 2752 posts
    March 1, 2017 8:57 AM PST

Congratulations! How fun!

• 15 posts
    March 1, 2017 9:05 AM PST

Welcome. Also please forgive me in advance as i know i will murder any names you and the team come up with. When we talk about it on our podcast!

• 633 posts
    March 1, 2017 10:02 AM PST

Congratulations  :)

• 19 posts
    March 1, 2017 10:11 AM PST

Welcome Nick.

• 41 posts
    March 1, 2017 10:45 AM PST

Get to work and immerse me !!!

JK.. welcome Nick :)

• 173 posts
    March 1, 2017 12:12 PM PST

kaifus said:

Get to work and immerse me !!!

JK.. welcome Nick :)

Amen.  Lilke most here I think, getting immersed in a great story is just the awesome sacue.  That was the one thing I really liked abot SW:TOR. It was like an interactive story/movie.  Rock on!!