Forums » Pantheon Classes

Class info

• 319 posts
    February 26, 2017 8:46 AM PST

I see they have added Necro and Bard to class list. Maybe not at launch but a fairly early patch or expansion. What I have not seen is an added explanation of the classes they have slated for release. It has been months and no new release of class abilities etc except for cleric,shaman and rogue.

Any idea when some more will be added??

• 626 posts
    February 26, 2017 10:09 AM PST

Best guess would be around April or May for another class maybe. On a side note I hope we get nothing more information wise about the classes then what we have for the three so far. I love the idea of just some very basic information about the game and then just letting us figure most of it out on our own as we play :). 

Regardless I believe the focus is more on the overall world and game mechanics for now. You won't be able to play any of the classes if there isn't a world built for them to play in :). 

• 1618 posts
    February 26, 2017 11:33 AM PST

The next livestream will reveal another class.

• 319 posts
    February 27, 2017 5:48 AM PST

Saicred said:

Best guess would be around April or May for another class maybe. On a side note I hope we get nothing more information wise about the classes then what we have for the three so far. I love the idea of just some very basic information about the game and then just letting us figure most of it out on our own as we play :). 

Regardless I believe the focus is more on the overall world and game mechanics for now. You won't be able to play any of the classes if there isn't a world built for them to play in :). 

The amount of info given in the other three is fine. Not looking for more  just a little . But I agree with you Saicred that too much is not good. Just a small write up on them would be nice

• 2886 posts
    February 27, 2017 6:36 AM PST

Isaya said:

Saicred said:

The amount of info given in the other three is fine. Not looking for more  just a little . But I agree with you Saicred that too much is not good. Just a small write up on them would be nice

I agree, it feels like we are way behind on written class descriptions. Feels like we are past due, but that's probably assuming too much. I'm sure they have not forgotten about them, but I too just wonder when the next will be. Class reveals in streams are cool, but I think I'd actually rather have it in writing.

Edit: Kilsin said, "I will create Tank, Healer, Lightfighter, Caster, Crowd Control etc. subforums on the new forums when we reveal more information on classes and races." I could be reading this wrong, but maybe there will be a big dump of written info around the same time we get the new forums? So soon?(tm) Perhaps it's easier for them to just wait and release it all at once. Would be crazy to see the forums explode with activity discussing the race/class info haha

This post was edited by Bazgrim at February 27, 2017 6:50 AM PST
    • 2752 posts
    February 27, 2017 11:20 AM PST

Gotta manage the hype train carefully, class reveals and racial stats/abilities are big ones as far as pumping people up goes. I imagine a lot of work is still going into defining the other classes and they don't want to say one thing and have it end up changing as we get closer to release. 

• 219 posts
    February 27, 2017 4:23 PM PST

^ While true, I think the basic write-ups could be added.  Like how the Cleric has three paragraphs, a kind of general thing, some more specifics, and then an iconic ability - you could just put out the first paragraph for each class.  While we know that, for example, Warrior = Tank, Cleric = Healer, Enchanter = Control, there are a lot of others (the "non-pure archetypes") that we know essentially nothing about.  For example, the Paladin is more tank than healer, but has heals...can it be a healer or a tank?  Just a tank?  If so, what sort of tank (mitigation, avoidance, anti-magic, etc.)

There's so little known about a lot of the classes.  And it's not like the reveals (other than the iconic abilities - which I think are probably too early to say, even the ones they've revealed may have been a mistake to reveal) are really even telling you a lot there.  For example, the Shaman reveal doesn't really say what kind of healer it's going to be (other than its primary role is healer), but does lead you to seeing it as a buff and debuff class, which gives you some oh-so-general idea of what it's going to do.  The only ones there's no real point in doing a class reveal for are the Warrior, Cleric, Rogue, Enchanter, and Wizard, because we kind of know what they're about (though, even there, the reveals wouldn't go amiss)...

...but note that 2 of the 3 we got were 2 of the 5 we kind of already knew what they were going to be about.  :)

Not that I didn't appreciate it, but the Shaman one told me a lot more in the sense that the other two I already had a good idea about - the Cleric is the premier healer with a healer/support primary and secondary role while the Rogue is a solid damage dealer with a damage/support primary and secondary role.  No real surprises there.

• 1618 posts
    February 27, 2017 4:33 PM PST

Unfortunately, they are not going to give us much right now. After testing and such, we will get a lot more information. But right now, they are staying off the hype train and getting work done.