Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Question about the new FAQ

• 483 posts
    February 20, 2017 2:37 PM PST

Don't know if this was in the old FAQ but i saw this answer, and it touched on Cosmetic gear.

"4.8 What kind of equipment visualization can we expect to see on characters?

The game world will contain thousands if not tens of thousands of items. That said, there can never be a 1:1 ratio between what you are specifically wearing and how you appear to other players. What you’re wearing does show off what you’ve accomplished, how high level you are, and what adventures you have undertaken to inspire others. Cosmetic gear will also be available, with players selecting how they want to view your character by toggling between adventure and cosmetic."

Can we get some more info on this?

• 79 posts
    February 20, 2017 2:58 PM PST

Sounds to me like you'll get to decide if you see other players in their actual gear or their cosmetic gear. Solves PVPers covering their real gear with cosmetics while not impacting the PVEers wanting to see their character as they want.

Good move, I think. Put the cosmetic toggle in the hands of the person looking, not the person wearing.

• 7 posts
    February 20, 2017 3:20 PM PST

Sounds like a win/win - great job!

• 2752 posts
    February 20, 2017 3:33 PM PST

Absolutely brilliant, I love it. Keeping it in the hands of the individual players as to what view of you they want is spectacular. Kudos VR!

• 9115 posts
    February 20, 2017 3:55 PM PST

jpedrote said:

Don't know if this was in the old FAQ but i saw this answer, and it touched on Cosmetic gear.

The game world will contain thousands if not tens of thousands of items. That said, there can never be a 1:1 ratio between what you are specifically wearing and how you appear to other players. What you’re wearing does show off what you’ve accomplished, how high level you are, and what adventures you have undertaken to inspire others. Cosmetic gear will also be available, with players selecting how they want to view your character by toggling between adventure and cosmetic."

I am not sure what else you need my friend, it is pretty self-explanatory. You have the control, use a toggle to view normal gear on players or cosmetic gear, simple as that, everyone wins. That way people can use cosmetic items and enjoy looking unique and more to their liking but you can view them in normal gear without having to look at the cosmetic stuff.

• 1618 posts
    February 20, 2017 3:57 PM PST

Good compromise.

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    February 20, 2017 4:32 PM PST

I'm glad you guys like it -- putting the cosmetic toggle in the hands of the person looking, not the person wearing, seems to be the way to go.  And the compromise came from people in the community -- much appreciated!

• 470 posts
    February 20, 2017 4:50 PM PST

jpedrote said:

Maybe it will be a wardrobe system akin to the one used in LOTRO, where you can add a number of outfit gear selections to your wardrobe and swap between those or your actual gear.

• 219 posts
    February 20, 2017 6:11 PM PST

Aradune said:

I'm glad you guys like it -- putting the cosmetic toggle in the hands of the person looking, not the person wearing, seems to be the way to go.  And the compromise came from people in the community -- much appreciated!

VR you all are my Heroes. This is absolulty amazing and really for me goes to show the level of care you have for your community. 

Thank you all very much !

• 441 posts
    February 20, 2017 7:44 PM PST
    My wife is going to hate my screenshots lol. She will have it on cosmetic and I will want to see everyones real gear lol
    • 839 posts
    February 20, 2017 10:52 PM PST

Sound like a great compromise to me!  Love your work VR

Todd will be a happy man! :)

• 78 posts
    February 21, 2017 12:49 AM PST

I agree, good decision re. who has the control. Well done to the team, and the community members who provided that feedback.

• 238 posts
    February 21, 2017 1:00 AM PST

I really hope it will be a fleshed out system and not just an on/off switch. I hate seeing cosmetic pets but I might like to some cosmetic armor now and then. Hate seeing things like candy canes for weapons or pumpkins for helmets but don’t mind seeing the graphic of real items.

• 248 posts
    February 21, 2017 1:42 AM PST

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but will you be able to toggle helmet on/off ?

I like the option cause sometimes the helmet looks awesome and sometimes I'd like to enjoy the face/hair/beard I spend time choosing :)

-sorte.

• 187 posts
    February 21, 2017 2:43 AM PST

Aradune said:

This is something that I have always admired about you. You have the skill, when your hands aren't tied by other people, to know when to compromise and when to stand firm. A knack for when something is, I suppose one might say, "inconsequential" and when it's game-breaking (even though people THINK they want it/ want it gone).

I personally appreciate you letting us know we're being heard on topics that, while not game-breaking, matter deeply to us both as individuals and as a group.

• 483 posts
    February 21, 2017 3:31 AM PST

Kilsin said:

I am not sure what else you need my friend, it is pretty self-explanatory. You have the control, use a toggle to view normal gear on players or cosmetic gear, simple as that, everyone wins. That way people can use cosmetic items and enjoy looking unique and more to their liking but you can view them in normal gear without having to look at the cosmetic stuff.

ups, i'm dumb, dind't understand the wording sorry...... thought it was something like wow transmog.

I get it now xd, great decision Btw :)

This post was edited by jpedrote at February 21, 2017 3:31 AM PST
    • 781 posts
    February 21, 2017 4:26 AM PST

#CommunityMatters :) 

• 41 posts
    February 21, 2017 5:31 AM PST

How is comesmetic gear going to be obtained? World drops? Crafted? Buy it from vendors? Cash shop? All of the above?

This post was edited by Thallium at February 21, 2017 5:33 AM PST
    • 2886 posts
    February 21, 2017 5:51 AM PST

Interesting. This should work. I read it as this one control will apply to all characters, including yourself? Rather than a character-by-character basis? I admit the wording is a little strange, but I see it as the following:

Toggle: Adventure --- you are viewing all characters in the world (including yourself) in their equipped gear.

Toggle: Cosmetic --- you are viewing all characters in the world (including yourself) in their cosmetic gear.

So does this mean that there will basically be two separate inventories like in EQ2? One for stat gear and other for cosmetic gear? And if someone has no cosmetic gear on, everyone will just see them in their adventure gear even if they have Cosmetic mode toggled on?

Just trying to clarify :)

• 441 posts
    February 21, 2017 6:20 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

Interesting. This should work. I read it as this one control will apply to all characters, including yourself? Rather than a character-by-character basis? I admit the wording is a little strange, but I see it as the following:

Toggle: Adventure --- you are viewing all characters in the world (including yourself) in their equipped gear.

Toggle: Cosmetic --- you are viewing all characters in the world (including yourself) in their cosmetic gear.

So does this mean that there will basically be two separate inventories like in EQ2? One for stat gear and other for cosmetic gear? And if someone has no cosmetic gear on, everyone will just see them in their adventure gear even if they have Cosmetic mode toggled on?

LOL I was just coming to this thread to ask the same question =-)

• 2886 posts
    February 21, 2017 6:23 AM PST

Nanfoodle said:

Bazgrim said:

LOL I was just coming to this thread to ask the same question =-)

Glad I'm not the only one haha

• 521 posts
    February 21, 2017 6:42 AM PST

I like this, but I do have a question about it. Can this be taken a step further giving the player who is viewing (not the wearer) an option to show a default or generic armor/clothing with regard to items that are Holiday themed, excessively glamorous such a auras on items, or even the more revealing items?

I personally cant stand holiday themed items and would love to turn that stuff off.

• 1921 posts
    February 21, 2017 7:56 AM PST

HemlockReaper said:

I like this, but I do have a question about it. Can this be taken a step further giving the player who is viewing (not the wearer) an option to show a default or generic armor/clothing with regard to items that are Holiday themed, excessively glamorous such a auras on items, or even the more revealing items?

I personally cant stand holiday themed items and would love to turn that stuff off.

Sounds like 'adventure mode' gear viewing would be your preference then.

• 7 posts
    February 21, 2017 8:12 AM PST

HemlockReaper said:

I'm in agreemnt with Hemlock, while I do enjoy cosmetic appearance gear I preffer for it to fit the race/class and theme of the game.  I do not like the overly colorful or holiday themed items or pets.

• 243 posts
    February 21, 2017 8:19 AM PST

I don't recall whether they have confirmed that there will be holiday gear at all, but yeah, it seems if there is that it would fit under cosmetic and having adventure gear toggled on would solve that issue :)

edit:  I went and searched and there was a thread on Holidays in game, the majority of people seem to be against RL Holidays being in game, and would rather see events/holidays based on lore etc.  I would think that you won't be seeing me running around in a Valentine's day speedo anytime soon in Pantheon.  And that's a good thing.:)

This post was edited by Rominian at February 21, 2017 8:27 AM PST