Forums » Secret Class

Secret Class = Inquisitor

• 23 posts
    February 16, 2017 8:44 PM PST

Inquisitor was supposed to be a class in Vanguard Saga of Heroes but was ultimately shelved. I can't remember the exact details on why, but I'm pretty sure this is what Visionary Realms is hinting at.

Taken from http://www.tentonhammer.com/guides/inquisitor

"The Inquisitor is one of the many new classes to be released in Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. Much about this class is still shrouded in mystery. All we know at the moment is mostly speculation from what little information we have been given. The only solid fact we know is they are Protective Fighters.

It is speculated that this great new tanking class will have the unique ability of possibly countering spells from a caster. It is possible as well this class may make use of Psionic powers or some other arcane form of magic. There has been no real solid official information as of yet on this class."

This post was edited by Flak at February 16, 2017 8:48 PM PST
    • 2247 posts
    February 17, 2017 6:37 AM PST

Yesterday, Kilsin said that this Secret Class subforum is obsolete - there are no other classes that have a chance of being on launch day other than the ones they showed in the race/class combo chart. This subforum won't be transferred over to the new forum website. Which is somewhat sad. I was kinda looking forward to a big reveal. Now, that's not to say there isn't a chance an Inquisitor-like class will come with some expansion in the future. But that's not where their focus is at all right now, so they're not "hinting" at anything. They're currently just working on getting the classes on the chart ready for launch. We'd be lucky if we get Bard and Necro at launch, let alone soon after.

• 23 posts
    February 17, 2017 10:04 AM PST

Oh wow, I completely misread the situation then. My bad.

• 56 posts
    March 20, 2017 1:59 PM PDT

Awkwaaaaaaard. lol

• 54 posts
    March 30, 2017 4:01 AM PDT

That reminds me of the spellbreaker unit from Warcraft 3. The concept is interesting but something i fear is that this kind of abilities (like breaking spells being cast) to be too situational, being OP versus a mage and useless versus warriors, which in both cases would be a problem. A character who is alternatively underpowered and overpowered would be painful to play i think.

Cheers

This post was edited by Gideon at March 30, 2017 4:05 AM PDT
    • 2247 posts
    March 30, 2017 7:38 AM PDT

Gideon said:

That reminds me of the spellbreaker unit from Warcraft 3. The concept is interesting but something i fear is that this kind of abilities (like breaking spells being cast) to be too situational, being OP versus a mage and useless versus warriors, which in both cases would be a problem. A character who is alternatively underpowered and overpowered would be painful to play i think.

Cheers

I agree with what you're saying. But that brings up an interesting question of would that be considered "balanced" if the situations in which they are OP is equal to the amount of times they are underpowered (UP? lol)? Provided that the degree of overpower is equal to the degree of underpower as well. Regardless of whether or not that would be fun, could you say it's balanced?

This post was edited by Bazgrim at March 30, 2017 7:38 AM PDT