Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How would you deal with Molnea?

• 7 posts
    February 16, 2017 6:20 PM PST

Move him to a geographic area that strengthens the element he is weak too and have a tank wear poison resisting gear. May also be ready for any gazes he might have to petrify. Might try turning around to avoid eye contact. Meanwhile slow dot him with enfeebling magic and arrows.

• 2138 posts
    February 16, 2017 6:22 PM PST

Med up first.

Refresh shields and buffs, insure MT has DS.

Initiate the fight as with a regular monster and hope there are no suprises, like "Molnea's Hiss" that is a spitting poison AE DoT that hit everyone at close range and although nshort term, drops health wickedly fast on the first second then diminishes rapidly over the next 5 seconds OR other suprise like "coils of Molnea" where the snake coils a portion of its body around a group member, paralyzing the group member for a bit while its fangs bite another causing the party to have to switch who is getting aggro- fast!

And if we succeed! then look to see what she was carrying, maybe something precious that was undigestible, hopefully some intact skin  or scales that can be used to make a nice WR bag, a fang that can be used as a dagger but only by certain classes with some poison in it still, an intact eye that can make a nice adornment on jewelry if we did not butcher her too much, and always- some portion of snake meat.

• 2886 posts
    February 17, 2017 6:24 AM PST

Gragorie said:

Rachael said:

I would bring a bunch of mice and a bard friend over to Molnea to charm him with their awesome bardic melodies, and then I'd tame it by feeding it lots of mice and talking to it. Then I'd have a cool giant snake pet!

Thats what my gf would want to.  She would want it as a pet.

psshh girls... always wanting to befriend things.... KILL IT WITH FIRE!!! :P

• 243 posts
    February 17, 2017 8:50 AM PST

I would bring this guy, somehow I don't think he gives a s@$!.

• 363 posts
    February 17, 2017 12:13 PM PST

Rominian said:

I would bring this guy, somehow I don't think he gives a s@$!.

LoL!!

• 2419 posts
    February 19, 2017 10:41 AM PST

Pre-buff with +dex/agi/str/sta and Haste to increase our DPS.

Pre-Buff with +poison resist to help resist poison attacks.

Send in tank after casting my best HoT on him.

Follow up with debuffs (slow, magic resist debuff, disease resist debuff)

Proceed to turn that big snake into 6 pairs of SnakeSkin Boots.

• 110 posts
    February 20, 2017 8:38 AM PST

How do you solve a problem like Molnea? How do you kill a snake and save the day?

(Holy crap ... maybe I should play a bard instead of a pally ...)

• 308 posts
    February 20, 2017 9:18 AM PST

Lghtngfan said:

How do you solve a problem like Molnea? How do you kill a snake and save the day?

I see what you did there.....and i like it.

• 110 posts
    February 20, 2017 10:37 AM PST

Reht said:

Lghtngfan said:

I see what you did there.....and i like it.

Thank you ... thank you ... I'll be here all evening ... thank you ... try the veal ... don't forget to tip your waitress ...

• 690 posts
    February 20, 2017 7:52 PM PST

Well, I daresay running in circles with SOW or a speed song, chain summoning pets, root, or using a particularly poison resistant charmed mob might make this melee enemy go down=)

• 2752 posts
    February 23, 2017 9:27 AM PST

• 409 posts
    February 23, 2017 10:01 AM PST

Step 1 - send in ranger to see if Molnea uses Death Touch. rangers are useful for soaking up DTs.

Step 2 - if ranger survives, have tank take aggro, debuffers debuff, healer on lookout to cure poison/cleanse/etc

Step 3 - tease ranger

Step 4 - kill Molnea, /corpsehump, loot