Forums » Pantheon Classes

Low level skills

• 441 posts
    February 15, 2017 7:10 AM PST

Making a class feel like a class from low level gets people teaming sooner. Also, gives you a quick idea if you will enjoy your role. Guess my question is, Do you want to see low level versions of high level tools? Say at level 10 the Necro can summon a corpse but only from 100 feet away where at top tier corpse summons can pull the corpse across the zone. Bard mez can only mez 1 mob at a time but again top tier mez a room of mobs with AE mez. These are just examples not saying this is a hard rule on how these skills work. Just to give an idea of how skills can be scaled to level. What level should you get the tools to make your class feel like your class? 

I think getting them early makes every class wanted for teaming. Like who wants a low level Necro over a Wizard? Well going into a hard area maybe corpse summons would get a Necro a team. Same with a Mage to summon player when someone dies. (like the cleric) IMO the sooner we play like our class is intended the more balance the classes will be when we get to higher levels. Instead of people playing the DPS classes mostly because they solo easier and people having to go back to level support classes to get teams at higher level because there is a shortage of x,y,z classes. 

• 4 posts
    February 15, 2017 12:37 PM PST

I personally like growing in to new skills/spells. Having your whole toolset available at early levels takes away from the feeling of growth. Adding more powerful effects to known skills seems forgetable.

• 422 posts
    February 15, 2017 1:03 PM PST

I think as long as you get a few core skills early on that kind of define the class, we don't need EVERYTHING right off.

A lvl 1 Paladin should have Lay on Hands - Some shield skill like bash - Plate - and some spells like a minor heal and a buff maybe.

Let it build from there.

• 2752 posts
    February 15, 2017 4:21 PM PST

I like growing personally, having key class abilities scattered throughout the leveling process gives many things to look forward to. Same with gear, I like starting with nothing but maybe a cloth tunic and working through levels eventually getting your first full set of plate or proper robe around level 20 and going from there. 

• 159 posts
    February 23, 2017 9:41 AM PST

I like growing into the class, but I absolutely hate leveling a toon to "its power" and discovering I hate the class (I made a fortune selling essence emeralds during early PoP era EQ).

I don't want the full toolbox out of the gate, but I'd like enough taste of what's to come by mid teens to early 20s to know if I'll enjoy diving deeper into the toolbox or cut my losses with that class   If healers have a plethora of cures later on, make sure the lower level ones are needed, make debuffs matter early on, don't make trash mobs without debuffs hit like kittens in their teens if they hit like trains in their 30s (equivalent to average HP of course).  If slow mitigation will be a thing, make lower level mobs share the mitigation love.  The game shouldn't change drastically from level 15 to level 50.... Exponentially scaled yes, night and day? No.

This post was edited by Xilshale at February 23, 2017 9:43 AM PST