Forums » News and Announcements

February's Newsletter is Hot Off the Press!

• 595 posts
    February 16, 2017 4:19 PM PST

Flak said:

I'm loving how the Archai and Gnomes are turning out, as for the class choices I'm completely blown away.

In 2014 this was the kickstarter goal.

In 2017 we get THIS!

Keep up the awesome work.

Well said @Flak.  It's pretty astounding.

• 781 posts
    February 16, 2017 4:20 PM PST

Nikademis said:

Flak said:

I'm loving how the Archai and Gnomes are turning out, as for the class choices I'm completely blown away.

In 2014 this was the kickstarter goal.

In 2017 we get THIS!

Keep up the awesome work.

Well said @Flak.  It's pretty astounding.

aye, great job ! :) 

• 94 posts
    February 16, 2017 7:00 PM PST

So far it sounds great and cant wait for it to get to pre alpha as I know release wont be THAT far behind. I havent played a MMO in 2 years so starting to get the itch again. *must not scratch*

This post was edited by sunstalkr at February 16, 2017 7:20 PM PST
    • 12 posts
    February 16, 2017 11:34 PM PST

How am I just now seeing this!??!?

I am a full day late ARG

Floating sky ship city for Gnomes, new stream coming; including new class reveal, new zones, magical tower - so cool!

• 27 posts
    February 17, 2017 1:57 AM PST

Ok, my guess is that they will reveal the SUMMONER. They did show a pet already (shaman pet), so they have the mechanics for that. They showed attack spells as well. That's why i think summoner might be ready to show!

• 3 posts
    February 17, 2017 7:49 PM PST

If there are live streams and in game pictures and videos, why are we not in there with the Dev's testing it with them??

• 9115 posts
    February 18, 2017 2:48 AM PST

Starfury said:

If there are live streams and in game pictures and videos, why are we not in there with the Dev's testing it with them??

Simply put, it is not really for large groups of people and we don't have everything we need to test in the game yet, when it is all in and the servers are ready for hundreds/thousands of people, we will announce it ;)

• 399 posts
    February 18, 2017 10:37 AM PST

sunstalkr said:

So far it sounds great and cant wait for it to get to pre alpha as I know release wont be THAT far behind. I havent played a MMO in 2 years so starting to get the itch again. *must not scratch*

Me too man! Stopped eq1 after playing for 16 years in 2015. Can't wait to give this game my full support and loyalty!!

While I would love to see an elven Druid reveal, I agree with beefcake in that we have already seen 2 healers. My guess is crowd control. A la enchanter!

This post was edited by Durp at February 18, 2017 10:38 AM PST
    • 43 posts
    February 18, 2017 1:31 PM PST

Durp said:

sunstalkr said:

Me too man! Stopped eq1 after playing for 16 years in 2015. Can't wait to give this game my full support and loyalty!!

While I would love to see an elven Druid reveal, I agree with beefcake in that we have already seen 2 healers. My guess is crowd control. A la enchanter!

You may want to take some time and watch the streams. There is a wealth of in game info present in them. Such as the enchanter along with mezzing is already in game.

• 1404 posts
    February 18, 2017 10:30 PM PST

Velrak said:

Durp said:

sunstalkr said:

You may want to take some time and watch the streams. There is a wealth of in game info present in them. Such as the enchanter along with mezzing is already in game.

The ones that are officially reveled are
    Cleric (Group Role: Healer, Support)
    Rogue (Group Role: Melee DPS, Support)
    Shaman (Group Role: Healer, Support)

It was said that all these support classes could include some Crowd Control abilities as well under the role of Support.

There has been NO reveal of a Tank class at all, I expect all 4 of the Quatrinity will need to be reveled before any testing can happen.

My guess is a Tank class next. Warrior

• 78 posts
    February 19, 2017 3:40 AM PST

Great work with the newsletter team - loving the format with sate of the game updates and ICYMI sections (but us forum dwellers don't miss a thing!).

Good amount of content that should appease most people at least a little :)

Thanks as always, and keep up the good work VR.

• 30 posts
    February 19, 2017 7:29 AM PST

Saicred said:

I'm looking to be a Gnome Wiz myself, and I assume... Gnomes will have a few different color tones for male and female engery color, as well as being able to change the faceplate out. I couldn't imagine it being much more than that though IMO. I think it would be wicked to have a black metallic faceplate, but if not hopefully will have a silver or plat one at least. 

I'm hoping you rarely see their energy bodies.  Masks and clothing to hide.  If all the gnomes just have different colored stomachs/faces then BORING.

• 399 posts
    February 19, 2017 11:48 AM PST

Velrak said:

You may want to take some time and watch the streams. There is a wealth of in game info present in them. Such as the enchanter along with mezzing is already in game.

I'm sure I've read every article on every forum on any site, all the lore and watch every twitch and all fansites several times.  I'm positive there has not been an enchanter reveal. Please let me know where you saw that reveal. As far as I know, there've only been 3 reveals; cleric, shaman and rogue. Of course, if you're just talking about general class discussions, I'm sure that many have been discussed but I think we're talking specifically about, and I am responding to the next class/race reveal :)

This post was edited by Durp at February 19, 2017 11:48 AM PST
    • 93 posts
    February 19, 2017 12:02 PM PST

You folks have come so far. Absolutely thrilled to immerse myself in this world. Keep up the good work :)

• 1618 posts
    February 19, 2017 12:41 PM PST

I know the December stream had an Enchanter in the group, but it was far from a class reveal. They did not discuss specifics about the class or detail any abilities. They just had one in the group.

• 999 posts
    February 19, 2017 2:31 PM PST

Good Newsletter - I appreciate the State of the Game update Joppa - always great hearing from you.  You have that strong ability to inject "hope" in the forward progress of the game.  Don't be a stranger on these forums and I look forward to hearing more from you and selfishly your music! :).  Now... when is Soundcloud going to be updated....?