Forums » The Archai

Bards?!

• 51 posts
    February 14, 2017 5:40 PM PST

I'm pumped about the idea.. But I haven't seen a single person mention them in the Bard forums.  I'm wondering why? I for one feel after reading the lore, that Archai would make exceptional bards! Is this not the case and I'm missing something? Or are others just not willing to step out of their comfort zones with the halfling/elfy classes?

Thoughts?

• 341 posts
    February 17, 2017 5:04 AM PST

Noobiedoo mentioned how interesting it would be to be an Archai, as did Corpserunner and yourself in the bard thread on preferred race.  I agree the background of the Archai would make them superb bards.  I am planning on playing an Archai shaman until bards are available, and switching races at that point to see more of the world.  I suspect there will be plenty of Archai minstrels though - you will have good company.

This post was edited by Kumu at February 17, 2017 5:09 AM PST
    • 2137 posts
    February 17, 2017 6:43 AM PST

Just because they are not mentioned in a particular subforum does not mean there is no one that is excited about them. I agree the lore for the Archai lends itself very strongly to a Bard - their culture is full of joyful celebration of their freedom. Definitely makes for a good Bard. I, for one, probably won't play one. My Archai will mostly like be a Shaman. But again, just because they're not talked about in a subforum doesn't necessarily mean no one will play them ;)