Forums » Secret Class

Beastlord (EQ1) or Bloodmage (VG)

• 325 posts
    February 7, 2017 9:52 AM PST

Two really awesome classes that I think would fit in here really well. 

• 23 posts
    February 7, 2017 11:22 AM PST

I agree! I loved my beastlord from EQ. I understand some people don't like pet classes but I loved my VahShir Beastie.

• 649 posts
    February 7, 2017 3:31 PM PST

I never played a Beastlord but Bloodmage was a very cool class.  Not to derail the OP, but I really did love most, if not all of the Vanguard classes.  There were some very unique classes, such as the Bloodmage and Disciple, and even among the classes that were not completely originally existed some truly fantastically unique mechanics.  The Necromancer pet grafts comes to mind.  Bard song book mechanics, which allowed you to customize components for unique songs, is another.  And many others - really great stuff.

• 242 posts
    February 7, 2017 3:39 PM PST

As someone who played both I wouldn't mind seeing either or both added as expansion classes but we have a good set up for launch in my opinion especially if we get Bard and Necro in time.

• 3218 posts
    February 8, 2017 6:00 AM PST
    • 110 posts
    September 17, 2017 2:56 PM PDT

Nikademis said:

I never played a Beastlord but Bloodmage was a very cool class.  Not to derail the OP, but I really did love most, if not all of the Vanguard classes.  There were some very unique classes, such as the Bloodmage and Disciple, and even among the classes that were not completely originally existed some truly fantastically unique mechanics.  The Necromancer pet grafts comes to mind.  Bard song book mechanics, which allowed you to customize components for unique songs, is another.  And many others - really great stuff.

I agree, Vanguard really did classes right. If I like the classes that Pantheon comes up with as much, I will play the game for years. For me Vanguard was an improvement in most ways from Everquest other than the obvious issues others have stated. One more thing, Gnome socials in Vanguard entertained me for hours lol. 

• 32 posts
    October 10, 2017 10:48 AM PDT

I really enjoyed eq1 beastlord, I hope it makes the cut at some point in time.

• 2 posts
    March 22, 2018 5:06 PM PDT

Nanfoodle said:

Two really awesome classes that I think would fit in here really well. 

I love both of them!

I honestly can't think of which I'd like to see in game more.  Probably the Beastlord, but the Bloodmage is a VERY close second.

• 282 posts
    March 23, 2018 7:20 AM PDT

Beastlord was a good concept, they just ended beeing too much of a shaman and not enough of a melee rampager. (at least, when I played, untill GoD era)

I love hybrids, even if they ends up now beeing more of a self class than a ripoff from other classes, But I like the idea every healing class (Cleric, druid, shaman) get it's taste into a more melee oriented hybrid, and why not every caster in the game. I just like the concept of "You can pick this class for pure magic user, but if you're more into melee fighting, this class offers a bit of their toolkit with melee skills".

• 23 posts
    April 1, 2018 8:19 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

Beastlord was a good concept, they just ended beeing too much of a shaman and not enough of a melee rampager. (at least, when I played, untill GoD era)

I love hybrids, even if they ends up now beeing more of a self class than a ripoff from other classes, But I like the idea every healing class (Cleric, druid, shaman) get it's taste into a more melee oriented hybrid, and why not every caster in the game. I just like the concept of "You can pick this class for pure magic user, but if you're more into melee fighting, this class offers a bit of their toolkit with melee skills".

Yes! New hybrid class. Rogue/Enchanter. Would be sooooooo fun to play.

• 11 posts
    April 23, 2018 2:21 PM PDT

Criimson said:

MauvaisOeil said:

Yes! New hybrid class. Rogue/Enchanter. Would be sooooooo fun to play.

not to take over the OP but please tell me more...  and the playstyle of this rogue/enchanter .... curious