Forums » Pantheon Races

Races height/size

• 483 posts
    February 2, 2017 8:59 AM PST

Since I saw this image I have been wondering if the races size is set in stone or if VR will change it down the line, to me all the “short” races seem a bit to big compared to the other ones, this is probably for realism, but I like my small races to be tiny in comparison to their counter parts, also the dwarfs in game could use a bit of a boost on their width (frame), they seem to slender for my taste hehe.

Pic - http://imgur.com/VkKGezk

• 780 posts
    February 2, 2017 10:51 AM PST

There's a post from Istuulamae in this thread where he explains that the scaling in the wallpaper is not the way it will be when they are finished.  The small races like gnomes and halflings are going to be scaled down some.

• 483 posts
    February 2, 2017 12:09 PM PST

Shucklighter said:

There's a post from Istuulamae in this thread where he explains that the scaling in the wallpaper is not the way it will be when they are finished.  The small races like gnomes and halflings are going to be scaled down some.

Awesome, thanks for the reply :)

• 2419 posts
    February 3, 2017 7:52 PM PST

I hope the difference between the largest race and smallest race is significant enough that neither could go into each others home city and effectively interact with anything unless they had magical assistance (grow or shrink).  Ogres shouldn't be able to fit through Gnome doors or walk around inside Gnome buildings and Gnomes shouldnt be able to reach the doorknobs on Ogre doors or see over the counters to buy stuff from vendors.

• 159 posts
    February 6, 2017 11:11 AM PST

Plus it's been stated in another thread (or maybe it was on Facebook) that there should be sliders to "beef up" your character or slim them down some, so hopefully there'll be a range of height for each race.

Tbh I'd be very happy with the char creation options from vanguard (yes even post graphics "nerf" that took out a bajillion vectors and bone paths :p ) utilizing the Pantheon graphics for build, height, weight, hair, etc.

• 2886 posts
    February 6, 2017 12:01 PM PST

Xilshale said:

Plus it's been stated in another thread (or maybe it was on Facebook) that there should be sliders to "beef up" your character or slim them down some, so hopefully there'll be a range of height for each race.

Tbh I'd be very happy with the char creation options from vanguard (yes even post graphics "nerf" that took out a bajillion vectors and bone paths :p ) utilizing the Pantheon graphics for build, height, weight, hair, etc.

This is confirmed. From Istuulamae: "We will have race-specific sliders that will allow for reasonable and appropriate variance."

In other words, yes, you can adjust the height and weight, but there's still a limited range. We of course don't know exactly what that range will be, but it's safe to say there won't be any Halflings that are as tall or fat as ogres. The amount of control you have over height will probably not be substantial.