Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Any thought to a classic server years from now?

This topic has been closed.
    • 151 posts
    January 31, 2017 6:41 AM PST

Was just wondering if the devs have given any thought to saving game code as we go forward after release. Maybe keeping it stored somewhere after every major game upodate or expansion so that in the future there are options for classic servers. 

One of the things that I miss about many of the games that I have played are things that were changed or eliminated over time. It took a while for the guys at P99 to get things to where they are, why not eliminate that have have that same sort of things ready to go at a moments notice? And better yet it will still be under your control instead or some third party trying to make it happen. If you had a stable version that you could open a server up on in the future that would need minimal maintenance seems like it would be a good option to have.

I know this is not relevant to the game as it sits now but the best time to start something like this is when the game is in its infancy.

• 9115 posts
    January 31, 2017 4:36 PM PST

Yes, we have spoken about this and Brad has specifically said he would like to even consider handing over the "keys" to the players many years down the track when we may be considering Pantheons future, to let it live on forever.

For that reason I will have to close this thread, I believe it was discussed in the December stream with CohhCarnage if you would like to watch it and listen for yourself :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slWD1F7_WUM

As
    you said, this is a long way off even being thought about, which is why I don't want this discussion to continue, right now we are focussing on getting the game into our first ever testing phase and we plan on growing and supporting Pantheon for a very long time to come :)