Forums » Secret Class

Bard / Necromancer

• 3367 posts
    January 26, 2017 4:28 PM PST

The FAQ suggests that both bard and necromancer will be added to the game at some point.  The question is ... are either of these considered the secret class?  Is there another class on the horizon that we haven't figured out yet?

This post was edited by oneADseven at January 27, 2017 2:40 PM PST
    • 2013 posts
    January 26, 2017 4:57 PM PST

I asked the devs this before. I think I worded it something like: If Bard has its own forum does that mean its not the secret class or an expansion class? And I believe the response was that Bard and Necro would hopefully be out by launch but if not then shortly after. And I think the secret class is going to be VRs anwser to requests for an unique and original class like the Bloodmage, but new and its own thing for Pantheon. Expansion classes could be either new unique classes or expected traditional classes like Beast Lord. Might not be remembering correctly but pretty sure this is right.

• 34 posts
    January 26, 2017 7:30 PM PST

Personally, I hope that necromancers make a quick appearance after launch if not before. Addtionally, if they do make an appearance, I hope the traditional necro pet isn't so traditional since necro's can control all kinds of death.

As for a secret class, it would be kinda awesome to see a rogue/mage combo. I know this a dream but we all can dream at one point.

• 1235 posts
    February 3, 2017 4:32 AM PST

I've been holding out hope all along that the necro makes release. That's really what I want to play. But I'll bide my time if forced to with something else. 

• 1179 posts
    February 3, 2017 7:40 AM PST

It doesn't seem like Bards or Necromancers were the secret class.  I wonder if they'd actually have a class ready for release, but not let anyone know about it until at least beta.  It doesn't seem like there would be much reason to do that, but I suppose they might be worried about a company like Blizzard thinking "Oh, that's a great idea!  Let's put that in our next expansion three months from now!"

• 1826 posts
    February 3, 2017 10:03 AM PST

They have something up their sleeve :)  Im sure of it !

• 1235 posts
    February 3, 2017 11:24 AM PST

Based on today's release of race/class info it sure looks like it could be necromancer. 

• 1179 posts
    February 3, 2017 11:26 AM PST

Feyshtey said:

Based on today's release of race/class info it sure looks like it could be necromancer. 

If so, that was a pretty poorly-kept secret...

EDIT: Edited for clarity.

This post was edited by Shucklighter at February 3, 2017 11:27 AM PST
    • 1235 posts
    February 3, 2017 12:52 PM PST

Shucklighter said:

Feyshtey said:

Hehe, true. 

But if there's yet another class beyond necro (bard already has a class forum), then  I'll be kinda irritated if it makes it in before necro :) 

This post was edited by Feyshtey at February 3, 2017 12:52 PM PST
    • 1458 posts
    February 3, 2017 1:26 PM PST

Ya, I highly doubt the Secret Class is Necro.  They wouldn't call it a Secret Class if it was.  They have been openly discussing having the Necromancer class in game for years.

• 414 posts
    February 3, 2017 8:34 PM PST

What is this.... class/race combination news..... youre all speaking of?

• 2013 posts
    February 3, 2017 9:31 PM PST

@Alexander

Check the news section of the forums ^^

• 414 posts
    February 3, 2017 9:50 PM PST

Thanks, was checking the News section of the main site. Ogre Druid, eh?! I like that very much - will be interesting to see how the class experience changes based on race (sounds like a sociology topic).

This post was edited by Alexander at February 3, 2017 9:52 PM PST
    • 34 posts
    February 4, 2017 11:21 PM PST

Feyshtey said:

Shucklighter said:

Feyshtey said:

Hehe, true. 

But if there's yet another class beyond necro (bard already has a class forum), then  I'll be kinda irritated if it makes it in before necro :) 

I hope the necros do make an appearence at launch... I can't wait to start rping again and destroying the gardens within my guild. It will be incrediably fun to do so.

As for the secret class, I am hoping they bring out something new instead of a traditional class we typically see in MMOs. If this were the case, I could also see why they wouldn't want to spill it before launch just to protect it from other MMO developers.

• 619 posts
    April 21, 2017 8:31 AM PDT

how about psionic or mesmer?

• 12 posts
    April 27, 2017 10:30 PM PDT

Originally a Cleric in EQ 1, I ended as a Necromancer main.   There is just something about this class that gets me excited.  I remember back in the year 2003, watching in Awe as a solo Necro was killing multiple mobs at once while my full group struggled to keep up.  After an hour of watching this Necro, he finally sent me a tell asking if we wanted to join forces.  This was the first time I ever grouped with a Necro, actually this was the first time I have ever seen one up close.  I was playing my Cleric and was the main healer for the group, the Necro sent me a tell "Can you buff my pet please?".  After the buffs, the Necro started to pull... I never seen anything so awesome in EQ before.  His pet was Off-Tanking a mob while the Necro Dotting the maintanks target and his pet's target and also kitted a mob.. all at once.  Some of the best XP I have ever seen(back in those days).  The following day, I made my level 1 Necro and never looked back.

I know it is impossible to relive that awesome experience, trust me I have been looking for it since then.  No Necromancers have ever came close to what Everquest pulled off, not even close.  Capture what was best from the EQ Necromancer, I will give you my left arm if you can achieve this!

This post was edited by novellerfane at April 28, 2017 4:12 PM PDT