Forums » Official Podcasts

Brad, Ben and Tim W. Featured in Today's MMORPG.com Podcast

• 42 posts
    January 25, 2017 9:36 AM PST
    Brad, Ben D. and new team member Tim W. are featured today on MMORPG.com's Game On Podcast. The trio talk about how Tim's journey as community-come-developer and Ben and Brad reminisce about their starts in the industry. Have a listen!

http://www.mmorpg.com/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen/news/game-on-visionary-realms-talks-pantheon-and-industry-jobs-1000042957
    • 1505 posts
    January 25, 2017 9:47 AM PST

Very cool ! :) Thanks for pushing Brad in the right direction Tim ! :) 

This post was edited by Kelem at January 25, 2017 9:52 AM PST
    • 2371 posts
    January 25, 2017 10:36 AM PST

Always interesting to hear about how this all started.  :)

• 173 posts
    January 25, 2017 11:04 AM PST

Glad you guys liked it:-) 

• 60 posts
    January 25, 2017 12:33 PM PST

Very nice! Interesting to hear about the how it all started

• 132 posts
    January 25, 2017 12:48 PM PST

This should get me through the next couple days, but after that I'm sure the shakes will come back. Thanks for posting!

• 2579 posts
    January 25, 2017 4:11 PM PST

The fact that they are increasing internal testing can only be a good thing. One step closer to Pre-Alpha.

• 7436 posts
    January 25, 2017 4:30 PM PST

Nice job guys, and not bad for your first appearance Convo ;)

• 1019 posts
    January 25, 2017 4:59 PM PST

Just finished listening.  Glad the team is growing.

• 173 posts
    January 25, 2017 5:40 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Hah!  Thanks man :-) 

• 535 posts
    January 25, 2017 7:13 PM PST

Convo said:

Kilsin said:

I see, no love for the old guy :)

• 7436 posts
    January 26, 2017 1:25 AM PST

Aradune said:

Convo said:

Kilsin said:

Haha, you're a pro, Brad! You and Ben always do well, but it was a good initiation for the nooby, you guys nailed it ;)

This post was edited by Kilsin at January 26, 2017 1:25 AM PST
    • 1994 posts
    January 26, 2017 6:33 AM PST

Just had a chance to take a listen to this. Really interesting topic. You know when I was growing up I remember reading articles in old gamer magizines like GamePro and stuff abut how to et into the business. At one point as a young teenager I thought I might want to do it. Life took me in a different direction (construction to engineering to locksmith), but I always thought it would be in that business. My only concern was as a gamer did I really want to see behind the curtain?

• 1019 posts
    January 26, 2017 6:48 AM PST

That's a good point.  You might be a part of making the best game, but can you enjoy it as much if you know everything about how it works?  I'm guessing there's as much enjoyment or more, just different.  It's like if you were playing a major character in The Last Jedi.  Seeing the finished film for the first time wouldn't be the same experience as it will be for someone that wasn't involved, but I'm sure there is more than enough cool shirt to make up for it.

• 173 posts
    January 26, 2017 8:18 AM PST

Shucklighter said:

That's a good point.  You might be a part of making the best game, but can you enjoy it as much if you know everything about how it works?  I'm guessing there's as much enjoyment or more, just different.  It's like if you were playing a major character in The Last Jedi.  Seeing the finished film for the first time wouldn't be the same experience as it will be for someone that wasn't involved, but I'm sure there is more than enough cool shirt to make up for it.

I’ve thought about this a few times during my time on this project,  You’re right, the experience will be different for me, but it’s worth it.  I haven't lost my passion as a player that has that burning desire for a game like Pantheon to exist.  Can't wait to play the live version with everyone.:-)   The added bonus to all this is obviously being creative and working on the game.  I really enjoy that process.

• 337 posts
    January 26, 2017 10:26 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Oh boy, there goes the neighborhood!  Welcome Convo :-)

• 386 posts
    January 26, 2017 11:03 AM PST

Just watched this. It's interesting to hear about the experience and perspectives from these points of view. Onion-skinning the process and development really helps me to understand how dynamic it is and also to gain insight into what if means for those that are so intimate with the project. Thanks for sharing the podcast, I enjoyed it.

• 2371 posts
    January 26, 2017 11:15 AM PST

Convo said:

Shucklighter said:

I’ve thought about this a few times during my time on this project,  You’re right, the experience will be different for me, but it’s worth it.  I haven't lost my passion as a player that has that burning desire for a game like Pantheon to exist.  Can't wait to play the live version with everyone.:-)   The added bonus to all this is obviously being creative and working on the game.  I really enjoy that process.

And its official you have your VR tag.  Grats Convo...I guessed right away before it was clear that you were on the team muahaha.  Do good works!! :) 

• 2371 posts
    January 26, 2017 11:16 AM PST

Aradune said:

Convo said:

Kilsin said:

Geesh you DO know that we're not only here for Pantheon,  but because of you..right Aradune? :)

• 207 posts
    January 26, 2017 3:38 PM PST

Very good to have you on the project, Convo -- nice to add another player into the mix who has long term credibility and investment in not just this game, but the genre as a whole.  

• 173 posts
    January 26, 2017 6:53 PM PST
    Thanks for the positive replies everyone. Glad you enjoyed the podcast. I think Brad and I could have gone on for hours lol.
    • 41 posts
    January 28, 2017 9:37 AM PST

Convo, you sissy. Now there is no voice of reason in the FoH Pantheon thread! Nice shout out to Utnayan on the stream though.  Good luck in your testing and associate designer positions though. Im definitely jealous.

• 80 posts
    February 1, 2017 3:16 PM PST

A little late to this, but really enjoyed hearing the pod.

Have to admire his dedication, but more importantly how he understood the importance of adding value, while respecting what is already there.

• 346 posts
    February 15, 2017 7:47 PM PST
    good listen
    • 465 posts
    February 27, 2017 7:52 AM PST

Aradune said:

Convo said:

Kilsin said:

You know you can always change that, now dont you? I heard it was called Rogaine or something like that.

Here is the link to save you time looking :)

http://www.rogaine.com/home.do

or??? just hand out some free beta keys... I am sure you will get all the Lov'vn one wishes for.....