Forums » Secret Class

Beastlord

• 18 posts
    January 24, 2017 6:25 AM PST

Came later, but is/was great in EQ1 imo. What do u guys think?

• 4 posts
    January 24, 2017 7:52 AM PST

Playing a Beastlord since 2001 and currently, in EverQuest... I would hope there would be one in Pantheon to choose. I just love the playstyle of Melee w/Pet.

• 4415 posts
    January 24, 2017 9:15 AM PST

See this conversation: http://pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3911/beastlord for people's opinions about the beastlord

Personally, it seems to me that the beastlord was something unique to EQ and I think it's very important to not just rip every idea from EQ and plant it in Pantheon. But that's really the only argument I have against it haha. I hope they would not introduce it unless there was a very good reason to. Not just for the sake of fan service. Even still, I'm not sure I would play one, but it is a pretty cool class.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 24, 2017 9:19 AM PST
    • 243 posts
    January 24, 2017 9:15 AM PST

Beastlord is my favorite class and I too was hoping it would make an appearance in Pantheon. My first character was a Shaman and a had a monk so when Beastlord was revealed as a Monk/Shaman w/Pet I just couldn't imagine not making one. I did and leveled him to max at the time and even got the Epic Claws. There is so much in this game and they are trying to get it made and ready for release I just see the Beastlord being like the Necromancer and Bard classes, an expansion addition. But I have fingers crossed we get one and it doesn't take years to get it.

• 1011 posts
    January 24, 2017 4:17 PM PST

I enjoyed the Beastlord a lot as well.  I'd prefer to see some more of the mainstay classes first like the Necromancer and Bard before classes like the Beastlord/Bloodmage, etc. were implemented.

• 13 posts
    January 24, 2017 4:54 PM PST

I hope they do it more like EQ1 then EQ2.  The EQ2 beast lords are way to over powered.  

• 60 posts
    August 1, 2017 6:03 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

See this conversation: http://pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3911/beastlord for people's opinions about the beastlord

Personally, it seems to me that the beastlord was something unique to EQ and I think it's very important to not just rip every idea from EQ and plant it in Pantheon. But that's really the only argument I have against it haha. I hope they would not introduce it unless there was a very good reason to. Not just for the sake of fan service. Even still, I'm not sure I would play one, but it is a pretty cool class.

I dont know about that... honestly I hope this game is what EQ2 should have been... not the crap it was.

EQ1 was the best MMO. i would be happy with a carbon of the races/classes/aggro system/faction system but with diff names/graphics/world lol

• 32 posts
    November 2, 2017 11:53 AM PDT
    I enjoyed eq1 beastlord and would enjoy some sort of version of that in pantheon. I did not like eq2 version of beastlord, it really lost its original concept of monk/shaman with a pet. I don't think it would have to be a direct rip from eq1. A melee or ranged hybrid pet class would be all i would want, call it what you like. I would prefer it to be similar to eq1 BL but could completely understand people not wanting just a modern day pitt of eq1