Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

PAX East 2017 Meetup?

• 59 posts
    January 19, 2017 4:22 PM PST

Hello fellow residents of Terminus!

PAX East 2017 is fast approaching! I would love to organize a meet up for community members in the Boston area , or who will be attending the convention to hang out, have a drink and talk Pantheon!

If anyone is interested in doing something like this, please let me know!

• 38 posts
    January 19, 2017 5:38 PM PST

Oh, I love Boston.  I wish I could go.

• 11 posts
    January 19, 2017 5:50 PM PST

Maybe if we are lucky Brad will get another ticket this year to PAX, was great to run into him last year.

• 59 posts
    January 19, 2017 6:12 PM PST

That would be quite a treat as well. :D 

• 1 posts
    January 19, 2017 7:03 PM PST

You New Englanders are lucky to get to attend this. I'll have to skip it due to distance but I hope it goes well.

• 11 posts
    January 19, 2017 7:08 PM PST

They have a few other PAX events than east so you know.  Seattle is actually PAX's home ground.  I have lived on both coasts, west coast is still best coast :)

• 59 posts
    January 19, 2017 7:54 PM PST

nego said:

You New Englanders are lucky to get to attend this. I'll have to skip it due to distance but I hope it goes well.

I am from Midwest Canada. ;) Not to worry though, once alpha and betas arrive I hope to organize some in-game events as well.

• 2886 posts
    January 20, 2017 5:47 AM PST

Ugh I would LOVE to go, but by the time I got around to looking, the tickets were already sold out :(

• 170 posts
    January 20, 2017 5:57 AM PST

I too am unable to attend but it would be great. One year my EverQuest guild did this in Las Vegas at a Fan Faire and it was a blast. We all had Hot Wings are beer and talked gaming and real life stories all night. Maybe we could all meet at a Pantheon Fan Faire someday :)

• 2886 posts
    January 20, 2017 6:19 AM PST

Hopefully: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3196/fantheon-a-semi-confirmed-event

This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 20, 2017 6:19 AM PST
    • 59 posts
    February 20, 2017 1:47 PM PST

About 18 days left! I REALLY hope some of you will be there; we can discuss Pantheon over some fresh seafood! ;)

This post was edited by Martini at February 20, 2017 1:49 PM PST
    • 81 posts
    February 22, 2017 9:13 AM PST

Hi Martini.

I will be attending Pax East this year along with some friends and would love to attend a meetup for Pantheon, if there is one.

I've been to many gaming/nerd conventions, but this will actually be my first time at PAX, so I'm really excited about that and a Pantheon meetup will just make it that much more awesome. 

• 59 posts
    February 23, 2017 9:29 PM PST

That would be awesome! Are your friends Pantheon fans too? Even if we just met up for lunch or something one day. =D

• 81 posts
    February 24, 2017 6:15 AM PST

Martini said:

That would be awesome! Are your friends Pantheon fans too? Even if we just met up for lunch or something one day. =D

Cool!

Most of them are RPG fans, but moreso console-based RPG's than MMOs unfortunately.

My girlfriend will be coming as well and she is into MMORPG's, as she has played several of them.  She never played EQ, VG or some of the other MMORPGs that I would put Pantheon in the same category as and I told her she needs to experience a "real" MMORPG, where even the solo/group content offers a challenge and there is a much deeper sense of community and social interaction with other players.

She will defintely be playing Pantheon, as long as the Dark Myr race makes it to release, as she is obsessed with merpeople and mermaids and has been wanting to play one in a MMORPG for a long time now.

Who knows, if we do meetup at PAX maybe I can get some of my friends to come to the meetup with us and we might can convince them to play as well.

This post was edited by raelsmar at February 24, 2017 6:19 AM PST
    • 2886 posts
    February 24, 2017 8:13 AM PST

raelsmar said:

She will defintely be playing Pantheon, as long as the Dark Myr race makes it to release, as she is obsessed with merpeople and mermaids and has been wanting to play one in a MMORPG for a long time now.

Dark Myr is confirmed to be on launch day. The Bard and Necromancer classes are the only unknowns at this point.

• 81 posts
    February 24, 2017 9:20 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

raelsmar said:

Dark Myr is confirmed to be on launch day. The Bard and Necromancer classes are the only unknowns at this point.

Hi Bazgrim,

I'm 99.9% confident Dark Myr will be there on launch day, but I leave that .1% of uncertainty for the age old adages of "seeing is believing" and "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush".   Because on the super-rare, astronomically-low chance that for some unforeseen reason the Dark Myr aren't there on launch day I can still tell my girlfriend that I never guaranteed they would be available on launch day and thus avoiding a upset girlfriend who's disappointment/frustration/anger would be directed at me for lying to her.  : )

• 2886 posts
    February 24, 2017 9:24 AM PST

raelsmar said:

Bazgrim said:

raelsmar said:

Hi Bazgrim,

I'm 99.9% confident Dark Myr will be there on launch day, but I leave that .1% of uncertainty for the age old adages of "seeing is believing" and "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush".   Because on the super-rare, astronomically-low chance that for some unforeseen reason the Dark Myr aren't there on launch day I can still tell my girlfriend that I never guaranteed they would be available on launch day and thus avoiding a upset girlfriend who's disappointment/frustration/anger would be directed at me for lying to her.  : )

Makes sense. You must be a lawyer lol

• 81 posts
    February 24, 2017 10:19 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

Makes sense. You must be a lawyer lol

Hahaha.  I was captain of the debate team in high school and have always been pretty good at deciphering/simplifying "legal jargon" in contracts and what not.  I never disliked myself nearly enough though to become a lawyer and sell my soul, no matter how lucrative a job/career it might be.

Really I just know never to promise someone (specifically women) anything, unless you can deliver.  :)