Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Opinion on Acclimation System

• 62 posts
    April 28, 2017 7:46 AM PDT

Feyshtey said:

Mandalorian2K said:

Azotate said:

Just to add my two cents in as well.   I understand this is just an introduction to acclimation and it will be expanded upon. That being said I was severly disappointed in how trivial they made it.  

1. Infusions? genetic modifications, you are going to have to weave some mighty lore to make that feel like it fits.  

I was expecting acclimation to be a combination of skills, buffs, and enchantments to reflect VR's commitment to strategic planning and situational gear.  For example, I am going into the frozen mountian so I am grabbing my fur boots enchanted with frost resistance, my flaming sword with a small AoE of warmth +1, and begging a buff from a guild mate.  I have spent a few game sessions fighting in the frosted foothills of the mountain to skill up my natural resistance and now I can delve deeper into the ice caves without taking sever penalties.  Acclimation intensities would align with both levels and content.  A lowbie solo player simply wouldn't have the fortutude to enter a dungeon, where as a higher level group with appropriate buffs and potions would walk right in.

2. Permanent?  Basically your saying this a keyed system and I just have to get a lucky drop to gain access. (Yawn)

Why would you ruin an awesome new mechanic by making it so simple?  This is a great opportunity to expand the robustness of several system by adding keywords to items, crafting, and abilities.  Acclimation was originally described as part of the strategic planning for an encounter; do I take my heat shield or shiled of vitality.  How is this current iteration strategic?  Is there a cooldown on changing out infusions? The current set up does not make me reconsider a pressure encounter versus any other encounter.

This is what I thought it was going to be as well. More of a skill based system, ala weapon and casting skills that gradually increased the more time you spent in that particular climate. This skill could then be augmented with resist gear and non-permanent potions/infusions while your acclimation is building up to help offset the negative effects. There wouldn't be a need to carry bags and bags of equipment, but maybe a few pieces here and there to help during the acclimation process. If my group is camping Ice Giants for several days, I'm not only rewarded with the xp and loot drops, but I'm building up my frigid and possibly wind shear acclimation. This is a direct correlation to my time investment. If crafters can make these and master crafters can make the higher tier ones, then they can't be no-drop. What's to prevent someone from just buying the infustion to circumvent all the work I just put in? 

I very much love the concept and think you guys are on the right track. If done right, this is a complete game changer compared to other games on the market. I also know this is a very early iteration of the system and this is not a bash on it. I just hope there is more to the implementation than what was seen yesterday. I appreciate you showing us and don't want to come across ungrateful. I think this can be done without needing a bunch of tedium, but also not being as simple as a one time injection until I need a new injection for a higher tier. I think players would get that feeling of accomplishment more if they were building upon an acclimation skill, rather than just take a shot and be done with it. 

Or a simple skill. The more time you spend in a climate (doing something of import), the more skill you get in resist-X. But as I said, I do like the notion of a player being required to consider their environment and adjust accordingly. So it's a mixed bag for me for now. 

It wouldn't have to be just a "simple" skill though. When you first start out the game, you only have your starting acclimation skill based on race/class. You still need to consider your environment when adventuring. You will take damage and/or be affected by whatever the debuffs for that climate are until you start building your skill. You may need to wear resist gear and/or get a buff to help diminish the effects even in tier 1. As you build your acclimation "skill" for that tier, maybe you need less gear w/resists, infusion pots, or buffs until you get max skill for tier 1. Then when you want to progress to a tier 2 climate, you then again have to consider your environment. The only time it would possibly become trivial is at the high end if/when all your acclimation skills were maxed. However, the devs could still create climates/encounters that were beyond that skill cap, that still required the player to consider their surroundings. 

There is a way to intertwine skill, gear and pots/infusions here. I think the system is a great idea and this is an opportunity to add a further layer of depth, while still avoiding it being overly tedious.

• 801 posts
    April 28, 2017 7:46 AM PDT

Joppa said:

Just popping in to say thanks for the great discussion going on here.

The Extreme Climate & Acclimation systems are still being conceptualized with much yet to be implemented. But for the stream, I wanted to get a visual demonstration set up to show the very foundation of both systems.

I like the idea of gaining natural acclimation the more time you spend in a Climate - I want to explore that more.

I also want to emphasize that these infusions (name is subject to change, btw) will be very difficult to come by. As I said in the stream, the most basic ones, which would provide enough Acclimation for a player to survive unhampered in a Tier 1 climate, would be easier to come by and more accesible for players on the whole. The higher tier infusions (Tier 2-5) will be extremely difficult to obtain (through raiding, epic quests) and will likely be non-tradeable.

As far as the role gear will play, it is very likely that resistances from gear will contribute to your Acclimation score. In other words, if my gear has a high amount of Cold resistance, it is likely that some percentage of that overall resistance will contribute to your Frigid Acclimation score while you are wearing those items. Some classes will have abilities that will either improve your Acclimation score for certain Climates, or alter the Climates themselves to make them more accessible.

Keep up the great discussion - we'll be rolling out more details on these systems when they are ready!

Other classes, would be great to add like +10 to each area buffs. Temp buff such as 30 minutes? but not enough to replace the existing system as a Buffing system to get past A to B.

Gear adding that temp buff too would be nice addition.

Sounds like a good system in place so far. As for some of the blah comments, well this is a natural effect system. Meaning much more then most games i have seen. You are not effected by a sandstorm, or hurricane weather, you dont get damaged at all. It would make more sense that you can be hurt from extreme cold, heat and nothing i know really pushes that system at all.

• 1921 posts
    April 28, 2017 7:52 AM PDT

Hm.  So, need a maxxed out crafter in each specialization (or similar sink/alt) or get it via no-trade quest/drop.

If infusions are consumable... this makes no sense, so... they're not consumable?  Then they're not a sink, they're just a key.  Why not just use a key then? hm.

• 1714 posts
    April 28, 2017 7:53 AM PDT

How is this going to be more than what amounts to a gear check? What are the goals for how this will improve gameplay? 

• 1778 posts
    April 28, 2017 7:55 AM PDT
    Collectors such as myself would love it. 200% extra fun gameplay
    • 1303 posts
    April 28, 2017 7:56 AM PDT

Mandalorian2K said:

It wouldn't have to be just a "simple" skill though. When you first start out the game, you only have your starting acclimation skill based on race/class. You still need to consider your environment when adventuring. You will take damage and/or be affected by whatever the debuffs for that climate are until you start building your skill. You may need to wear resist gear and/or get a buff to help diminish the effects even in tier 1. As you build your acclimation "skill" for that tier, maybe you need less gear w/resists, infusion pots, or buffs until you get max skill for tier 1. Then when you want to progress to a tier 2 climate, you then again have to consider your environment. The only time it would possibly become trivial is at the high end if/when all your acclimation skills were maxed. However, the devs could still create climates/encounters that were beyond that skill cap, that still required the player to consider their surroundings. 

There is a way to intertwine skill, gear and pots/infusions here. I think the system is a great idea and this is an opportunity to add a further layer of depth, while still avoiding it being overly tedious.

Ok, I'll concede that "simple" was not the best choice of wording.

In response to your ideas though, if I consistantly wear a parka, snowboots and mittens in 40 degree weather I'll never feel comfortable in 40degree weather wearing a tshirt. Conversely if I consistently where a sweatshirt only during 40degree weather, I will eventually acclimate to the point that a tshirt is often sufficient. I know this first hand, working with horses on a daily basis in all kinds of ridiculous weather in Colorado :) 

Simply being there with gear sufficient to make the climate a non-factor should not contribute to your acclimation of that climate. Aside from it making little sense, it also makes acquisition of acclimation skill notably more trivial. 

This post was edited by Feyshtey at April 28, 2017 7:56 AM PDT
    • 62 posts
    April 28, 2017 8:17 AM PDT

Feyshtey said:

Mandalorian2K said:

In response to your ideas though, if I consistantly wear a parka, snowboots and mittens in 40 degree weather I'll never feel comfortable in 40degree weather wearing a tshirt. Conversely if I consistently where a sweatshirt only during 40degree weather, I will eventually acclimate to the point that a tshirt is often sufficient. I know this first hand, working with horses on a daily basis in all kinds of ridiculous weather in Colorado :) 

Simply being there with gear sufficient to make the climate a non-factor should not contribute to your acclimation of that climate. Aside from it making little sense, it also makes acquisition of acclimation skill notably more trivial. 

I don't want to turn this into a back and forth, but I feel you are misunderstanding my post. I'm not saying you will always wear a parka, snowboots and mittens in 40 degree weather. You might need to wear some of those until you start to get used to the climate. Then maybe you take off your parka and snowboots and just wear your mittens because your hands are still cold. Eventually, you wont wear any of it in 40 degree weather and can wear just a t-shirt because you'll be "acclimated" to 40 degree weather via your skill. However, when you then decide to travel somewhere with 20 degree weather, you may want to put your parka and mittens back on because you aren't used to that. I was pointing out that gear/infusions would be used to supplement your skill until you built it up, then they wouldnt be needed again until you traveled somewhere more intense in the next tier. I'm not sure how that doesn't make sense to you, I thought it was fairly straightforward. It also doesn't trivialize the skill at all. That resist gear could be at the expense of stats such as str, sta, etc. So you are making a choice to wear some resist gear to diminish the negative effects of the climate at the expense of other important stats until your acclimation is built up, then you can equip your other more powerful gear.

• 70 posts
    April 28, 2017 8:27 AM PDT

Very intriguing system, seeing the stream helped me visualize how it can be implemented in different environments and climates. I would like to be able to understand and know more about what these infusions  are (a stone or potion?) and how they are applied physically (to armor or in jewlery or skin?) or consumed? Where do they come from or how do they fit in with the Lore, are they liquid tears, crystalized sweat and or etheral essence from the deitys that have lost their power that has been scattered across Pantheon in other beings, animals or inanimate objects such as plants or rocks that may have become antimated or corrutped because of this occurrence that have absorbed some of this power? Can I put my finger on it? or my sword in it? Would a certain class be able to cast or indue another with this type of protection/power? I love it, I need more! May I please have more?!

• 1714 posts
    April 28, 2017 8:31 AM PDT

vjek said:

Hm.  So, need a maxxed out crafter in each specialization (or similar sink/alt) or get it via no-trade quest/drop.

If infusions are consumable... this makes no sense, so... they're not consumable?  Then they're not a sink, they're just a key.  Why not just use a key then? hm.

Agreed 100%. On the surface this just seems like the combination of a gear check and keying. 

• 1714 posts
    April 28, 2017 8:37 AM PDT

Mandalorian2K said:

Feyshtey said:

Mandalorian2K said:

I don't want to turn this into a back and forth, but I feel you are misunderstanding my post. I'm not saying you will always wear a parka, snowboots and mittens in 40 degree weather. You might need to wear some of those until you start to get used to the climate. Then maybe you take off your parka and snowboots and just wear your mittens because your hands are still cold. Eventually, you wont wear any of it in 40 degree weather and can wear just a t-shirt because you'll be "acclimated" to 40 degree weather via your skill. However, when you then decide to travel somewhere with 20 degree weather, you may want to put your parka and mittens back on because you aren't used to that. I was pointing out that gear/infusions would be used to supplement your skill until you built it up, then they wouldnt be needed again until you traveled somewhere more intense in the next tier. I'm not sure how that doesn't make sense to you, I thought it was fairly straightforward. It also doesn't trivialize the skill at all. That resist gear could be at the expense of stats such as str, sta, etc. So you are making a choice to wear some resist gear to diminish the negative effects of the climate at the expense of other important stats until your acclimation is built up, then you can equip your other more powerful gear.

So it's just a time sync? You gear check/key for long enough and then you're "acclimated". I'm failing to see how that's good gameplay. If they want to use this system as a replacement for keying, I'm actually fine with that, but we should call it like it is. It makes sense that you'd need cold resistance, or an infusion, to climb to the frost temple at the top of cold bone mountain. Or you need your cloak of cooling to enter the magma dragon lair. We've seen mechanics like that in games since there have been games. But again, if that's the case can we just call it like it is? 

I for one do not like these kinds of dynamics being forced on players. Let us learn the zones and encounters and adjust our strategies. If someone goes to the frost temple and all the wizard mobs there nuke with cold, and your group didn't bring cold resist, you're gonna have a bad time. But don't make it so you can't even go there until you pass some check, unless it's a special case where we're basically "keying up". 

This post was edited by Keno Monster at April 28, 2017 8:43 AM PDT
    • 384 posts
    April 28, 2017 8:47 AM PDT

A problem I see with making a stat that improves over time, when time is spent in a particular environment, is that you'll just have people going afk in an specific area to increase their skill.

• 62 posts
    April 28, 2017 9:18 AM PDT

Malsirian said:

A problem I see with making a stat that improves over time, when time is spent in a particular environment, is that you'll just have people going afk in an specific area to increase their skill.

They wouldn't be able to do that from the start because they would be taking damage, having negative effects, etc. They would need to put in work to obtain gear or infusions to even allow them to survive long periods of time in the climate. I'm not saying you can go into a tier and just afk overnight and become "acclimated" magically. You weave the different aspects together to form the system.

Definition of acclimate

transitive verb

to adapt (someone) to a new temperature, altitude, climate, environment, or situation

intransitive verb

to adjust or adapt to a new temperature, climate, environment, or situation :  to become acclimated climbers gradually acclimating to the high altitude

By the very definition it is something that takes time to accomplish. Everyone has their own ideas and that's fine. I was just advocating for something a little deeper. There will always be someone who disagrees. So I guess we agree to disagree.

• 2752 posts
    April 28, 2017 9:48 AM PDT

I just don't understand the desire to make this very complicated and hard to do. With all the climates it sounds like something they will use fairly often and personally I don't want this to be some shitty money sink, and I know a lot of people will hate it. It's like having expensive reagents for using spells, a fair number of people will do everything they can to avoid using said spells or in this case avoiding said zones. Or let's say you are with a group and you all agree to go to some frigid dungeon so you grab all your gear in town and head out spending some decent travel getting there only to find it's all camped up so you want to go to a comperable scorching dungeon a few zones away. Well now you have to trek all the way back to town to swap out gear then travel yet again to the new zone, you get there only to find one of your members missed a piece of gear and can't enter. Now you've spent an hour or more just trying to start really playing. "Well that guy should have prepared better and remembered!" Yes sure, but we all make mistakes and I don't like having to pay for anothers forgetfulness or heaven forbid punish others for MY forgetfulness. 

Space is limited, weight is an issue, having casters have to lug around sets of extra gear would be a real kick in the face. Vendor breaks in EQ were often bad enough, now make them more frequent due to more limited space and weight capacity. There is enough waiting for other things as it is. The climate system seems much more like an advanced key system to me; everyone wants a keyring so keys don't take up precious space but when it comes to this kind of "key" everyone wants to load their bags?

I don't get it.

This post was edited by Iksar at April 28, 2017 10:44 AM PDT
    • 1714 posts
    April 28, 2017 10:12 AM PDT

Iksar said:

I just don't understand the desire to make this very complicated and hard to do. With all the climates it sounds like something they will use fairly often and personally I don't want this to be some shitty money sink, and I know a lot of people will hate it. It's like having expensive reagents for using spells, a fair number of people will do everything they can to avoid using said spells or in this case avoiding said zones. Or let's say you are with a group and you all agree to go to some frigid dungeon so you grab all your gear in town and head out spending some decent travel getting there only to find it's all camped up so you want to go to a comperable scorching dungeon a few zones away. Well now you have to treck all the way back to town to swap out gear then travel yet again to the new zone, you get there only to find one of your members missed a piece of gear and can't enter. Now you've spent an hour or more just trying to start really playing. "Well that guy should have prepared better and remembered!" Yes sure, but we all make mistakes and I don't like having to pay for anothers forgetfulness or heaven forbid MY forgetfulness. 

Space is limited, weight is an issue, having casters have to lug around sets of extra gear would be a real kick in the face. Vendor breaks in EQ were often bad enough, now make them more frequent do to more limited space and weight capacity. There is enough waiting for other things as it is. The climate system seems much more like an advanced key system to me; everyone wants a keyring so keys don't take up precious space but when it comes to this kind of "key" everyone wants to load their bags?

I don't get it.

Well said. 

• 1921 posts
    April 28, 2017 10:17 AM PDT

Malsirian said:

It's trivial to design around that particular player behavior.  Simple example?  Acclimation only applies while actively engaged in combat and/or based on activities while in combat, or performing your role in a particular environment.  Designing around "Going AFK in an environment" is not even a speedbump/hiccup.

• 17 posts
    April 28, 2017 10:19 AM PDT

Pantheon is looking great, every stream I get more and more excited. The acclimation system was one of the things I am most excited about. However, I was hoping that acclimation would be based on equipment, spells and racial modifiers. 

• 338 posts
    April 28, 2017 11:10 AM PDT

This system should be a puzzle that every player has to figure out through gearing, potions, race, and just having spent time in a given environmental type.

Where everyone has put together various means of dealing with the harsh climates.

Maybe even some character abilities could stave off elements like a ranger being able to create a stationary fire to warm up the party before they all freeze to death.

The possibilities are huge for a system like this and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Thanks,

Kiz~

• 58 posts
    April 28, 2017 11:14 AM PDT
    I love the idea of having different armor sets with acclimation stats example there could be different types of platmail one for cold weather one for hot weather one for more toxic areas and so on
    • 1714 posts
    April 28, 2017 11:17 AM PDT

Beez said: I love the idea of having different armor sets with acclimation stats example there could be different types of platmail one for cold weather one for hot weather one for more toxic areas and so on

So now you've got to carry all those things around with you? Imo, that stinks to high heaven. You're going to complete some awesome quest to get your shiny new BP, but lulz, you have to swap it out all the time for environmental resist gear? Doesn't sound like fun to me. 

• 58 posts
    April 28, 2017 1:21 PM PDT

Krixus said:

Beez said: I love the idea of having different armor sets with acclimation stats example there could be different types of platmail one for cold weather one for hot weather one for more toxic areas and so on

So now you've got to carry all those things around with you? Imo, that stinks to high heaven. You're going to complete some awesome quest to get your shiny new BP, but lulz, you have to swap it out all the time for environmental resist gear? Doesn't sound like fun to me. 

If you choose to lug it around that's your call. But I know if I go adventuring in a specific area and thus specific area is know to be cold I won't be bringing my armor that is meant of any other area. I think it would be a good way to prepare ahead of time for groups that want to go to these areas. 

I guess it all depends on your stash or banking system implemented.  

Personally after watching  the video. I'm not a big fan of the one time potion use. I mean why dumb this portion of the game down when he game is axed on gamers looking for challenges. I know this is just at the beginning and I'm sure it won't be the last version of the acclimation system. That's why I'm not going too deep in what was showed already. 

On the positive side I'm encouraged that it's working as intended and that for me is very positive!

Cheers

• 1303 posts
    April 28, 2017 1:37 PM PDT

Krixus said:

So it's just a time sync? You gear check/key for long enough and then you're "acclimated". I'm failing to see how that's good gameplay. If they want to use this system as a replacement for keying, I'm actually fine with that, but we should call it like it is. It makes sense that you'd need cold resistance, or an infusion, to climb to the frost temple at the top of cold bone mountain. Or you need your cloak of cooling to enter the magma dragon lair. We've seen mechanics like that in games since there have been games. But again, if that's the case can we just call it like it is? 

I for one do not like these kinds of dynamics being forced on players. Let us learn the zones and encounters and adjust our strategies. If someone goes to the frost temple and all the wizard mobs there nuke with cold, and your group didn't bring cold resist, you're gonna have a bad time. But don't make it so you can't even go there until you pass some check, unless it's a special case where we're basically "keying up". 

Well, they also said that they want you to level predominantly by xp'ing rather than questing. Isnt grinding xp to get the next few levels so you can survive in the higher dungeon just as much a time sync and/or "keying up"? 

That aside, acclimation isnt just about keying from what (very) little we currently know. They stated in the stream that there would be occasions, perhaps commonly, that an environment can have more than one climate. They gave the example of a volcano crater being both hot and toxic. When the developers can start overlaying climates and limit the number of infusions you can take advantage of at any given time it adds a whole new dynamic of players being forced to choose how to approach a scenario. Do you forgo the frigid infusions because you have a druid that can mitigate that thru resist buffs or being to change the climate for a localized region? Do you deal with the wind shear and just move more slowly so you can infuse against cold and pressure? 

These can had new layers to encounters and require a more tactical approach. 

For you comment about things being forced on the players... the whole damn game is forced on the players. You have to bank. You have to travel. You have to xp. You have to find your corpse. You have to take xp loss. You have to group. You have to do a plethora of things. That's kind of the point. If they are going to add something new to the mix that actually takes a little strategy and forethought rather than just "smack thing with stick, get loot", I'm all for it. 

This post was edited by Feyshtey at April 28, 2017 1:38 PM PDT
    • 483 posts
    April 28, 2017 1:39 PM PDT

Just read Joppa reply, and with the infusions name being subject to change, makes me wonder if the concept of what they are can also be changed?

Let me explain, infusions are injections that you apply to get acclimated, I would change them from injections, to actual "magical underware gear", something you use under your battle gear, so i.ex. the monk would have a warm set of clothing under is actual armor, so he's not barefoot and chested in the middle of a snow storm. It's mainly a visual change, but a good one.

The equipping mechanics works the same has now, you have an acclimation tab, and the "magical underware gear" is there so you can change it.

Some additions I would like to see,

Consumables that further improve your acclimation, these would be neccessary for some specific high tier climates, or to bypass a lack of acclimation on lower tiers.

As many have already said, players buffs to help with acclimation.

Interactions between different acclimations, i.ex. using frigid acclimations, while in a schorching climate has a negative impact.

Love that natural acclimation with time, is being considered by the devs.

• 780 posts
    April 28, 2017 1:57 PM PDT

Joppa said:
    Just popping in to say thanks for the great discussion going on here.
    The Extreme Climate & Acclimation systems are still being conceptualized with much yet to be implemented. But for the stream, I wanted to get a visual demonstration set up to show the very foundation of both systems.
    I like the idea of gaining natural acclimation the more time you spend in a Climate - I want to explore that more.
    I also want to emphasize that these infusions (name is subject to change, btw) will be very difficult to come by. As I said in the stream, the most basic ones, which would provide enough Acclimation for a player to survive unhampered in a Tier 1 climate, would be easier to come by and more accesible for players on the whole. The higher tier infusions (Tier 2-5) will be extremely difficult to obtain (through raiding, epic quests) and will likely be non-tradeable.
    As far as the role gear will play, it is very likely that resistances from gear will contribute to your Acclimation score. In other words, if my gear has a high amount of Cold resistance, it is likely that some percentage of that overall resistance will contribute to your Frigid Acclimation score while you are wearing those items. Some classes will have abilities that will either improve your Acclimation score for certain Climates, or alter the Climates themselves to make them more accessible.
    Keep up the great discussion - we'll be rolling out more details on these systems when they are ready!

vjek said:

Malsirian said:

It's trivial to design around that particular player behavior.  Simple example?  Acclimation only applies while actively engaged in combat and/or based on activities while in combat, or performing your role in a particular environment.  Designing around "Going AFK in an environment" is not even a speedbump/hiccup.

It's good to know that there's more coming for this system.  I'd love to see something where you need to kill so many mobs or gain so much experience while in a T1 climate to level a corresponding acclimation skill.  At a certain skill level, that T1 climate would be trivial and you wouldn't be able to increase your skill until you spent time in a T2.  Hell, I wouldn't mind if these skill increases were capped by level, either.  Then maybe have gear/infusions/player spells as a way to make up for -some- lack of skill.  I'm open to all sorts of things, but I definitely want this system to be bigger and more complex than what was shown.  This is the part of The Pantheon Difference I was most looking forward to, and I want it to actually be a difference.  It doesn't feel like one right now.  

This post was edited by Shucklighter at April 28, 2017 1:58 PM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    April 28, 2017 3:44 PM PDT

Iksar said:

I just don't understand the desire to make this very complicated and hard to do. With all the climates it sounds like something they will use fairly often and personally I don't want this to be some shitty money sink, and I know a lot of people will hate it. It's like having expensive reagents for using spells, a fair number of people will do everything they can to avoid using said spells or in this case avoiding said zones. Or let's say you are with a group and you all agree to go to some frigid dungeon so you grab all your gear in town and head out spending some decent travel getting there only to find it's all camped up so you want to go to a comperable scorching dungeon a few zones away. Well now you have to trek all the way back to town to swap out gear then travel yet again to the new zone, you get there only to find one of your members missed a piece of gear and can't enter. Now you've spent an hour or more just trying to start really playing. "Well that guy should have prepared better and remembered!" Yes sure, but we all make mistakes and I don't like having to pay for anothers forgetfulness or heaven forbid punish others for MY forgetfulness. 

Space is limited, weight is an issue, having casters have to lug around sets of extra gear would be a real kick in the face. Vendor breaks in EQ were often bad enough, now make them more frequent due to more limited space and weight capacity. There is enough waiting for other things as it is. The climate system seems much more like an advanced key system to me; everyone wants a keyring so keys don't take up precious space but when it comes to this kind of "key" everyone wants to load their bags?

I don't get it.

Crafters will be able to make some of these (Master Crafters) and other pieces can be gotten from quests (epic)   you hang on to them til you can get upgrades..a higher tier.   The higher tier acclimation object can be inserted in its slot on your character (separate paper doll screen)  and it will override the existing lower level one.    There are tabs such as the faction tab and the one for the climate acclimation objects.   You put one of those objects (say for frost) in its slot then click and it is attuned to you.  They are removeable too.      I am hoping we don't have to cart them around in our inventory,  instead some sort of pouch or keyring set up for storage until you need that set.     That's about all I got from that part of the stream. :)

• 2752 posts
    April 28, 2017 4:27 PM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

Crafters will be able to make some of these (Master Crafters) and other pieces can be gotten from quests (epic)   you hang on to them til you can get upgrades..a higher tier.   The higher tier acclimation object can be inserted in its slot on your character (separate paper doll screen)  and it will override the existing lower level one.    There are tabs such as the faction tab and the one for the climate acclimation objects.   You put one of those objects (say for frost) in its slot then click and it is attuned to you.  They are removeable too.      I am hoping we don't have to cart them around in our inventory,  instead some sort of pouch or keyring set up for storage until you need that set.     That's about all I got from that part of the stream. :)

Oh I definitely got that from the stream, I just don't get all these people wanting to make it tedious or a total money sink.