Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Rune Crafting

• 4 posts
    January 16, 2017 6:51 AM PST

What about the idea of rune spells. You have to go out and learn them via quests or a gathering type skill. Once a spell is learned, you would need a blank rune, Each spell would have a unique chain of words that are said and is then transfered to the rune.With each rune, it has either one use or multiple. Once the runes are made, they either stack in your inventory, or one would need a rune bag to carry. Each one can be moved to a hot bar for easy use. Then comes the issue of who can use. Each type of rune whether its a support rune for healing or buffs, or attack whether single or AoE, needs requirements. ie; level, magic or magic level, healing level, whatever would be seen fit. Of course classes that specialize in melee should not be able to use attack spell runes, but they could use either buff or healing under the right circumstances. By doing spell runes, Its not only good for the individual creating them, but they can be sold on the market and help drive the economy. Just an idea that i had and one that could be beneficial to lots of people. Like ones that are playing that maybe there buddies are not on, and he wants some extra healing, he could then buy some healing runes or buffs to help survive. 

• 2886 posts
    January 16, 2017 7:21 AM PST

travisrichardson said:

Like ones that are playing that maybe there buddies are not on, and he wants some extra healing, he could then buy some healing runes or buffs to help survive. 

The Pantheon solution would be to just join a group that has a healer and make new friends.

• 4 posts
    January 16, 2017 7:43 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

travisrichardson said:

Like ones that are playing that maybe there buddies are not on, and he wants some extra healing, he could then buy some healing runes or buffs to help survive. 

The Pantheon solution would be to just join a group that has a healer and make new friends.

I understand where your coming from. And I would agree. But I would also say that I myself, sometimes just like to go solo from time to time. Or sometimes I always dont have the time to group up, but still want to go out and explore for a bit before having to leave or whatever it may be thats limiting my play time. And what being said, the healing/buff runes could, and would come in handy.

• 2886 posts
    January 16, 2017 8:14 AM PST

travisrichardson said:

Bazgrim said:

travisrichardson said:

I understand where your coming from. And I would agree. But I would also say that I myself, sometimes just like to go solo from time to time. Or sometimes I always dont have the time to group up, but still want to go out and explore for a bit before having to leave or whatever it may be thats limiting my play time. And what being said, the healing/buff runes could, and would come in handy.

VR has said that soloing will be possible. They haven't really expanded on it much - and I imagine some classes will be easier to solo than others. But regardless, there will always be plenty of non-combat stuff to accomplish as well for the times when you are alone. You're definitely not the only one that feels this way, but even if your intentions are good, other people will almost always want to do things the fastest and easiest way, so having items that are easily accessible on the AH that give them the ability to do things that other classes do (even in small amounts) will enable more people to just solo rather than being a part of the community at large and that undermines Pantheon's whole platform.

• 3016 posts
    January 16, 2017 1:13 PM PST

Keeping in mind that the Devs stated there will be some soloing in the game,  they wouldn't stand in the way of that,  but that you're better off grouping in the long run.