Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Brad's old EQ Guild?

• 39 posts
    January 12, 2017 6:23 PM PST

Was just digging around for Pantheon content that I may have missed and I stumbled across this YouTube video by Francis and Brad talking - https://youtu.be/45XrbsBt34c?t=1m21s

So Brad mentions being on Veeshan in an  unmentioned guild with some of his original crew.  Anyone know if that guild was Fires of Heaven?  And if he was part of the world first to 50 group? Nino, Kalaran, and Koraf?  I realize most of you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, but very cool memories from back then!  Would love to hear from any old Veeshan folks from back in the day if they're still around.

The only other guild I can think of would be Companions!  Any thoughts from old players?

• 780 posts
    January 12, 2017 7:10 PM PST

Hmmm, it's gotta be FOH, but the only members I can remember off the top of my head are Furor and Az(r)ian (Wood Elf? Rogue?  ...had a druid with a similar name also).  I wanna say Nino was a High Elf Cleric...and Koraf was a Barbarian Shaman...but could be misremembering all of that.  Anyway, I don't remember many guilds from early on.  There was one called Unforgiven that tried to compete with FOH.  That didn't go so well and they ended up moving to Saryrn when the server split.  The only character I remember from that guild was Knauxk, a ranger who taught me a bunch of ranger stuff.  I really can't see Brad being in Celestial Tomb, either, but who knows?

This should be like Carly Simon auctioning off the secret of who 'You're So Vain' is about.  Highest bidder gets to know his character name from Veeshan.  All proceeds go toward PRF.  I guess we'd need a lot more Veeshan people here to actually care about that, though.  LOL.

Anyway, thanks for the link.  Enjoying the interview.

EDIT:  Typo

This post was edited by Shucklighter at January 12, 2017 7:11 PM PST
    • 39 posts
    January 12, 2017 7:23 PM PST
    I believe Furor was just a comeback alt of one of the original FoH guys. Koraf was a wood elf rogue though. Fun memories though!
    • 780 posts
    January 12, 2017 7:34 PM PST

Hmmm, Furor Planedefiler ran them the entire time I was there.  Human Warrior.  I did hear that Furor wasn't his first character, though.  I guilded with a guy who was close with Furor early on...was a cleric for FoH, but ebayed for $8900 because his fiancee threatened to leave him.  She left him anyway.  He bought a truck and started a rogue, but FOH banished him for ebaying.  I know...cool story bro.  I didn't get into the game until October 1999, though, so I may have missed the earliest version of FOH.

• 3016 posts
    January 16, 2017 9:24 AM PST

Yeah I was under the impression it was Fires of Heaven..could be wrong however.     Wasn't it Silky Venom guild in Vanguard?

• 220 posts
    January 22, 2017 10:54 AM PST

I have seen some posts around the inter webs that suggest there is a relationship between brad and fires of heaven. It seems like they try to play it up and he tries to play it down. And no I won't post any links just have to keep your eyes open and you will see some connections. 

• 780 posts
    January 22, 2017 11:41 AM PST

Quite mysterious.  Now I wonder which character.

• 2886 posts
    January 22, 2017 2:42 PM PST

Larr said:

I have seen some posts around the inter webs that suggest there is a relationship between brad and fires of heaven. It seems like they try to play it up and he tries to play it down. And no I won't post any links just have to keep your eyes open and you will see some connections. 

Could be, makes sense. But it also makes sense that a high end guild would try to convince people that they have connections with the creator of the game lol

• 3016 posts
    January 23, 2017 2:40 PM PST

malist said:

Was just digging around for Pantheon content that I may have missed and I stumbled across this YouTube video by Francis and Brad talking - https://youtu.be/45XrbsBt34c?t=1m21s

So Brad mentions being on Veeshan in an  unmentioned guild with some of his original crew.  Anyone know if that guild was Fires of Heaven?  And if he was part of the world first to 50 group? Nino, Kalaran, and Koraf?  I realize most of you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, but very cool memories from back then!  Would love to hear from any old Veeshan folks from back in the day if they're still around.

The only other guild I can think of would be Companions!  Any thoughts from old players?

Also pretty sure it was Nino that composed the music for Vanguard.    Innnnnteressssting. :P

• 151 posts
    January 24, 2017 6:29 PM PST

Shucklighter said:

Hmmm, it's gotta be FOH, but the only members I can remember off the top of my head are Furor and Az(r)ian (Wood Elf? Rogue?  ...had a druid with a similar name also).  I wanna say Nino was a High Elf Cleric...and Koraf was a Barbarian Shaman...but could be misremembering all of that.  Anyway, I don't remember many guilds from early on.  There was one called Unforgiven that tried to compete with FOH.  That didn't go so well and they ended up moving to Saryrn when the server split.  The only character I remember from that guild was Knauxk, a ranger who taught me a bunch of ranger stuff.  I really can't see Brad being in Celestial Tomb, either, but who knows?

This should be like Carly Simon auctioning off the secret of who 'You're So Vain' is about.  Highest bidder gets to know his character name from Veeshan.  All proceeds go toward PRF.  I guess we'd need a lot more Veeshan people here to actually care about that, though.  LOL.

Anyway, thanks for the link.  Enjoying the interview.

EDIT:  Typo

I worked with Azian IRL. He is part of the reason why I got into EQ so hard. I also lurked on the fohguild.org site for years. The only other old school FoH player I remember was Sean the ranger because he was always the DT target. I played more with the Celestial Tomb crowd than I did the FoH guys in the end.

• 780 posts
    January 24, 2017 6:57 PM PST

Nice.  I remember Sean now...human, I think.  Also remember Sylvos, a half elf ranger.  I wonder if Brad played a ranger on Veeshan.