Forums » Introduce Yourself

Returning member

• 390 posts
    January 11, 2017 11:07 PM PST

Hello again forums!

I wanted to make a thread somewhere explaining in more detail why I've been gone and a place for people to give me a welcome back if they need to. (Honestly i've had a lot already. yay feelgood :)  )

So the good news. I got a great job now. A promotion really, all those years of escelations and customer service paid off, now I am in a specialty group that runs crowd control and fills the gaps in a lot of other departments. I love my new position.

but

Shortly after getting it this happened....

So, firstly, it was only 35 miles per hour. But at 15MPH you can still get messed up really bad... soft tissue damage is a horrible thing. I was rear-ended by an SUV and pushed into and under the car ahead of me. Nobody was hurt (but me) and nobodies car was damaged (but mine) While the adhrenaline was still in my system I bought a new car with my husband, I now own a new Kia Soul (its green and all turtle lookin!). The very next morning the muscles of my back and neck could not lift the weight of my head off of my pillow. It took a few days to get things back together.

Ibuprophen is awesome.

The only thing that still afflicts me months later is some nerve pain on my leg due to the spine thrashing I got. And also now and again my shoulders neck and ...oddly enough my skull get achy and really stiff. 

But other than that. I'm back to walking 4 to 5 miles a day. working extra hours at work. I had my first anniversary with my husband on the 6th of january. and Christmas was great to me so I spent the money I saved to buy a $50 pledge. 

I'm sorry for being gone so long. I really care about the influence players have towards the creation of this game, and I want to help craft those discussions again and be a part of the magic as it happens in pantheon. 

Missed these forums! Yay i'm back!

-Todd

• 285 posts
    January 12, 2017 3:21 AM PST

Welcome back tehtawd.

Congrats on the promotion, new car and your 1st anniversary! Sorry to hear about your accident and continued health troubles, and I hope these get better over time - prolonged injuries are terrible.

• 1322 posts
    January 12, 2017 8:00 AM PST

Welcome back!

This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 12, 2017 8:00 AM PST
    • 35 posts
    January 12, 2017 8:08 AM PST

Welcome back, tehtawd!

Congrats on your anniversary and continued recovery!

• 832 posts
    January 12, 2017 10:30 AM PST

Welcome back.

• 103 posts
    January 12, 2017 11:27 AM PST

Feel better and better! Nerve issues are the pits!  OH... and about the skull... if you haven't seen a chiropractor, you should. There are plates in your head that can shift and the C-1 and C-2 are really touchy! If you have any questions, give me a shout. I'm not one, but I'm a geek in more than one way! ;)

This post was edited by Aredhel at January 12, 2017 11:29 AM PST
    • 536 posts
    January 12, 2017 8:12 PM PST

Welcome back :))

• 373 posts
    January 17, 2017 4:10 AM PST

Wondered why we hadn't seen you in the forums. Glad your'e ok and grats on your advancement.

Watch you Ibuprophen consumption. Too much is not a good thing.

• 390 posts
    January 17, 2017 6:14 PM PST

OakKnower said:

Wondered why we hadn't seen you in the forums. Glad your'e ok and grats on your advancement.

Watch you Ibuprophen consumption. Too much is not a good thing.

Yea, thanks for the advice.

I did my best with it. I have bad acid reflux so I had to be careful. 

Thanks OakKnower, good to see you again :)

-Todd

• 344 posts
    January 17, 2017 10:06 PM PST

Welcome back mate! Glad your back on track! Remember just because pain meds mask the pain you still need to go easy on those muscles! I have made that mistake before with my back!

Sound advice from Oak :)

• 828 posts
    January 18, 2017 11:38 AM PST

Welcome back!!

• 1013 posts
    January 21, 2017 8:04 PM PST

Welcome back Todd, glad to hear you're ok and doing better :)

Congratulations on the promotion and happy (belated) anniversary! :D