Forums » News and Announcements

We did it, we won!

• 9115 posts
    January 12, 2017 5:45 AM PST

Evoras said:

I said this before the end of voting when we were neck+neck with 'MU online'

Evoras said:

Given the (over-inflated?) hype levels of some of the other contenders....
    ... I commend 'Brad & The Team' and suggest they should all be feeling a certain level of smug 'I told you so' towards the rest of the MMO developer community who have shamefully neglected such a large demographic of players for SO long!

I think it is even more richly deserved now!

This is a game which has richly deserved to be made for years now...
    ... and, with this development team, is being done well!

It speaks volumes that PTF achieved such a massive and convincing lead over all other contenders! It speaks to the game tenets chosen, the entire development team .... and critically ... the confidence we supporters have that this team will do justice to the concepts imagined and present us with an truly outstanding MMO, albeit 'soon (TM)'! :)

:)

• 2886 posts
    January 12, 2017 6:12 AM PST

Kratuk said:

Congrats fellas. That is a heck of a big difference post-scrub. Some of us figured that there might have been a little shadyness with the voting given the quick uptick, but that is probably way more than most of us expected it to be.

This is exactly what I was thinking. So pathetic that people would feel the need to cheat on something like this. I can't say enough good things about VR's vision and work ethic. Proof that you can achieve great things if you keep trying hard enough. They absolutely destroyed the competition.

• 38 posts
    January 12, 2017 6:36 AM PST

Congrats, VR!

I think the entire episode speaks well for the team and the community. After initially coming up short, you handled it with class. And after the retabulation, we see the impact that a strong and energetic community can have. Good stuff all around!

• 1921 posts
    January 12, 2017 7:21 AM PST

Glad to see they removed the cheating results.  Great outcome.

• 97 posts
    January 12, 2017 7:43 AM PST

Great to see! We went toe-to-toe with MU even with their artificially inflated numbers, so it's no surprise that we ended up wiping the floor with them in a "fair fight"

• 429 posts
    January 12, 2017 8:40 AM PST

We wiped the board clean .. Way to go *VR* .

• 37 posts
    January 12, 2017 10:00 AM PST
    At least there is some justice. I called shenanigans on MU Legend and sure enough. Grats to VR. This is a great victory and a far cry from the support this hame had just a year ago. Speaks volumes.
    • VR Staff
    • 102 posts
    January 12, 2017 10:20 AM PST

penam said:

Wow, it was a close one :D

The people have spoken... not GET BACK TO WORK VR! :)

We never stopped, lol ;)

• 3016 posts
    January 12, 2017 11:30 AM PST

So being that we seem to be the ONLY game offering what VR is offering in gaming..."loose lips sinks ships"  when it comes to NDA time.  :)   Let's get this baby out the door...and then see if the competition can keep up. :)     Go VR!! :)

• 100 posts
    January 12, 2017 2:45 PM PST
    Awesome!!! Gratz all!
    • 470 posts
    January 12, 2017 8:00 PM PST

Evoras said:

I said this before the end of voting when we were neck+neck with 'MU online'

Evoras said:

Given the (over-inflated?) hype levels of some of the other contenders....
    ... I commend 'Brad & The Team' and suggest they should all be feeling a certain level of smug 'I told you so' towards the rest of the MMO developer community who have shamefully neglected such a large demographic of players for SO long!

Indeed. It was 3 to 1 or higher Pantheon's favor against pretty much every other game on the list. That does earn a little smugness.

This post was edited by Kratuk at January 12, 2017 8:02 PM PST
    • 37 posts
    January 13, 2017 6:39 AM PST

Woo hoo! :D

• 3852 posts
    January 13, 2017 6:49 AM PST

An impressive win - congratulations to all.

With no word on the timing for even pre-alpha yet is a 2017 release even a possibility? I have no idea what even the best case timing is from pre-alpha to alpha to beta to release. The worst case scenario I am, alas, far more familiar with.

• 243 posts
    January 13, 2017 7:23 AM PST

I believe the competition was for games that would be in some phase of testing in 2017, so the pre-alpha counts in terms of the competition.  We will see what they can do with the rest :).  They did say their goal is pre alpha testing in 1st or 2nd quarter this year, but no guarantee.

This post was edited by Rominian at January 13, 2017 7:26 AM PST
    • 116 posts
    January 13, 2017 7:45 AM PST

It is unfortanate but true that this style of game play could only have been made through a kick starter campaign.  The mainstream MMO development community has a long (and understandable but misguided) desire to appeal to the largest audiance, but in so doing has neglected a rather sizeable market under the assumption that it was much smaller and 'niche' and just not worth the investment.

It has been my sincere hope that polls like this one and ultimately the success of this game and games like SoTA will prove them thoroughly wrong and bring them back into the arena of making games like this one again.

• 112 posts
    January 13, 2017 8:18 AM PST

Congrats to VR !! Its good to see your hard work is paying off... especially the second place mmo didnt even come close to you guys!

• 1281 posts
    January 13, 2017 12:03 PM PST

Great win.

• 595 posts
    January 13, 2017 2:43 PM PST

dorotea said:

With no word on the timing for even pre-alpha yet is a 2017 release even a possibility? I have no idea what even the best case timing is from pre-alpha to alpha to beta to release. The worst case scenario I am, alas, far more familiar with.

Are you speaking of a full launch of the game?  I'm not a member of the team so anything I say is pure speculation, but I would be willing to bet that there is 0% chance of a 2017 launch (+/- 0.5%).  I would say that best case from pre-alpha to launch is something like 18 months.  A more realistic timeline from pre-alpha to launch is likely closer to 24+ months.

• 9115 posts
    January 13, 2017 4:18 PM PST

dorotea said:

An impressive win - congratulations to all.

The rules clearly stated on the poll that games who would be launching early access (which includes testing phases) in 2017 were included, it was written at the top of the poll, we were added automatically by MMORPG.com without even knowing, it wasn't something we submitted Pantheon to be included for, so based on their rules and the auto-inclusion of our game we have a legitimate entry and appreciated the publicity. :)

• 26 posts
    January 13, 2017 4:47 PM PST

Nikademis said:

dorotea said:

Are you speaking of a full launch of the game?  I'm not a member of the team so anything I say is pure speculation, but I would be willing to bet that there is 0% chance of a 2017 launch (+/- 0.5%).  I would say that best case from pre-alpha to launch is something like 18 months.  A more realistic timeline from pre-alpha to launch is likely closer to 24+ months.

I completely failed my reading comphrension test today. I'm hoping that we see a release closer to Q2 of 2018, but totally possible that launch is way further out. I'm thinking Alpha will last until close to the end of the year at the earliest.

This post was edited by Matauris at January 13, 2017 4:54 PM PST
    • 3852 posts
    January 14, 2017 7:17 AM PST

Thanks - I was curious about what typical timing was to get from pre-alpha to launch. I wasn't trying to make any point, and certainly wasn't questioning the legitimacy of our being in this poll. We beat some pretty good competition rather handily, which is a very good sign.

• 3 posts
    January 14, 2017 7:26 AM PST

Thats AWESOME, and well-deserved...

...now whens Alpha going to start?  I'm jonesing over here...

• 3016 posts
    January 14, 2017 11:38 AM PST

Mornroc said:

It is unfortanate but true that this style of game play could only have been made through a kick starter campaign.  The mainstream MMO development community has a long (and understandable but misguided) desire to appeal to the largest audiance, but in so doing has neglected a rather sizeable market under the assumption that it was much smaller and 'niche' and just not worth the investment.

It has been my sincere hope that polls like this one and ultimately the success of this game and games like SoTA will prove them thoroughly wrong and bring them back into the arena of making games like this one again.

That's why many of us have stuck with VR through their growing pains since 2014,  determined to see this game succeed.   That also means spreading news of Pantheon through word of mouth as much as any of us are able.  :)

• 180 posts
    January 14, 2017 1:26 PM PST

Gratz everyone !!!

• 671 posts
    January 14, 2017 5:19 PM PST

Obvious is obvious..