Forums » News and Announcements

We did it, we won!

• 9115 posts
    January 11, 2017 3:35 PM PST

Thanks to our amazing community, we were able to pull it off and win the MMORPG.com Player's Choice Awards of 2016 for "The Most Wanted MMO of 2017", congrats to you all and thank you for being such an awesome and supportive community, we can't wait to show you what we can do in 2017 :)

• 172 posts
    January 11, 2017 3:43 PM PST

Congrats everyone!  Good to see the poll reflects this games awesome potential!

• 40 posts
    January 11, 2017 3:49 PM PST

The voters for MU must have substantially cheated.. When the poll closed were were basically tied.  Props to MMORPG for the quality assurance.  I truly believe Pantheon deserves this award as well as the team who's invested so much of their time, care and attention.

• 780 posts
    January 11, 2017 3:52 PM PST

Excellent!  Now you can use the prize money to hire the last 11 team members!

• 85 posts
    January 11, 2017 3:58 PM PST

Congrats! I voted, glad to see you guys came out on top. Oddly, the second MMO I'm looking forward too wasn't even on the list (Project: Gorgon).

• 3016 posts
    January 11, 2017 4:01 PM PST

Alright!!  *does the happy dance!*  hehehe

• 781 posts
    January 11, 2017 4:03 PM PST

This poll reflects the enthusiasm that people from all walks of this gaming industry have for this type of game.  This poll makes up votes not only from the Pantheon community but from others on the sidelines who may not even have an account here yet but are keeping an eye on the game.  Such an award honors the hard work that you guys at VR studios are putting into this game every single day.  Bravo ! Hard work pays off, in this case it gives a reward from a well known gaming site and it sways the awesome community behind you to keep pressing you guys to keep pouring heart and soul into an award winning game.  Thanks again guys :)  Yall rock !

• 470 posts
    January 11, 2017 4:07 PM PST

Congrats fellas. That is a heck of a big difference post-scrub. Some of us figured that there might have been a little shadyness with the voting given the quick uptick, but that is probably way more than most of us expected it to be.

But hey, at least Camelot Unchained showed that one "no mercy." :) I'm sorry. I couldn't help but rib that poor first guy's comment over at MMORPG. All in good fun. :p

This post was edited by Kratuk at January 11, 2017 4:09 PM PST
    • 294 posts
    January 11, 2017 4:12 PM PST

Gratz everyone !!!

• 208 posts
    January 11, 2017 4:17 PM PST

Awesome! 

• 186 posts
    January 11, 2017 4:41 PM PST

Congrats! Bards for everyone!!

• 595 posts
    January 11, 2017 5:02 PM PST

Very cool.  I have to say, I'm surprised by just how big the gap turned out to be.  Nothing even close.  I suppose that could just speak to the state of the genre more than anything.

• 220 posts
    January 11, 2017 5:28 PM PST

AWESOME! glad to see my vote has counted for something this time ! =) ongratz, and well-deserved!

• 563 posts
    January 11, 2017 6:04 PM PST

Congrats VR, A very well deserved win! Its great to see the growing desire for Pantheon and more and more people getting excited about it! :D

• 6 posts
    January 11, 2017 7:12 PM PST

Wow, it was a close one :D

The people have spoken... not GET BACK TO WORK VR! :)

• 142 posts
    January 11, 2017 7:17 PM PST

That's great! Glad to see Pantheon is being noticed. Its well deserved.

• 432 posts
    January 11, 2017 8:42 PM PST

I'm super impressed.  No other title got above 10%. This is something to be proud of. :)  

-Todd

• 93 posts
    January 11, 2017 9:17 PM PST

Yea, great stuff indeed.

The VR team should celebrate.  Go get some pizza, and some beers.  I give you all permission to have the next evening off!!  :P

*salute*

• 243 posts
    January 11, 2017 10:44 PM PST

Glad we came out on top! Did they post on how many votes were cast in the competition?

• 9115 posts
    January 12, 2017 12:38 AM PST

Rominian said:

Glad we came out on top! Did they post on how many votes were cast in the competition?

No, but it would be very interesting to know that number :)

• 99 posts
    January 12, 2017 2:19 AM PST

Makes me happy to see Pantheon winning, i even been researching Mu Online and tought about why they should be above Pantheon, i didn see a reason why beside having tons of bot votes or whatever you do in order to cheat. And i still cant believe that as of today thers no real Mmo out there beside all the single player pvp mmos. Seems like what a gamer wants and what the industry wants is a complete different type of game. But my suspicion would be the industry just doesnt want a Mmo to play for years since the sales of other games would drastically sink if ppls have fun playing a mmo for a long time. Then i dont see a reason why a single game studio wouldn like to be successfull with its product and rack in alot of cash. Might be some type of conspiracy ? :) If so our Pantheon Team might be in danger :). Beware .

• 67 posts
    January 12, 2017 2:23 AM PST

Awesome everyone ! Glad too see this ! 

• 78 posts
    January 12, 2017 3:36 AM PST

Congrats and well deserved - to both the VR team, and our great community.

• 156 posts
    January 12, 2017 4:08 AM PST

Noice!

• 763 posts
    January 12, 2017 4:18 AM PST

I said this before the end of voting when we were neck+neck with 'MU online'

Evoras said:

Given the (over-inflated?) hype levels of some of the other contenders....
    ... I commend 'Brad & The Team' and suggest they should all be feeling a certain level of smug 'I told you so' towards the rest of the MMO developer community who have shamefully neglected such a large demographic of players for SO long!

I think it is even more richly deserved now!

This is a game which has richly deserved to be made for years now...
    ... and, with this development team, is being done well!

It speaks volumes that PTF achieved such a massive and convincing lead over all other contenders! It speaks to the game tenets chosen, the entire development team .... and critically ... the confidence we supporters have that this team will do justice to the concepts imagined and present us with an truly outstanding MMO, albeit 'soon (TM)'! :)