Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

The Everquest Faction System sucked

This topic has been closed.
    • 3016 posts
    January 7, 2017 1:15 PM PST

The faction would pop up in your chat box ..eventually would tell you if you were allied or kos.  

• 1434 posts
    January 7, 2017 4:37 PM PST

Liav said:

Using what we need as a basis to determine what we should have makes no logical sense to me.

FTFY.

It makes perfect sense that some things remain a mystery. By not telling people exactly how everything worked in old games, it allowed them to find out what worked best for them. By not knowing exactly how much experience you were getting per every kill, it made it harder to establish what place was technically the best. Same with gaining faction, same with so many other things. Just like in real life, not everything is readily quantifiable.

You want a game, I want a world. We will never see eye to eye on these things.

• 2130 posts
    January 8, 2017 8:37 AM PST

Dullahan said:

Liav said:

Using what we need as a basis to determine what we should have makes no logical sense to me.

FTFY.

It makes perfect sense that some things remain a mystery. By not telling people exactly how everything worked in old games, it allowed them to find out what worked best for them. By not knowing exactly how much experience you were getting per every kill, it made it harder to establish what place was technically the best. Same with gaining faction, same with so many other things. Just like in real life, not everything is readily quantifiable.

You're implying that logic is subjective. No further discussion required.

• 1618 posts
    January 8, 2017 12:08 PM PST

Liav said:

Dullahan said:

Liav said:

FTFY.

Liav, I recommend you read this simple primer. You would much a much stronger argument without the constant logical fallacies.

https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/659/03/

• 2130 posts
    January 8, 2017 3:15 PM PST

Beefcake said:

Liav, I recommend you read this simple primer. You would much a much stronger argument without the constant logical fallacies.

https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/659/03/

I appreciate the link, howver Wikipedia's article on logical fallacies is far more fleshed out than that.

• 1434 posts
    January 8, 2017 4:36 PM PST

Liav said:

Dullahan said:

Liav said:

FTFY.

As a discussion on a matter of opinion, your logic will be subject to that opinion. Therefore yes, logic can be subjective.

Here is more on that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjective_logic

• 9115 posts
    January 8, 2017 4:51 PM PST

Since this is a thread about EQ's faction system and not logic or fallacies, I will close it.

Please try and spend more time reading and abiding by the Pantheon development guidelines than researching points to argue with each other over, it is not helpful to the community in the slightest, not everyone will agree with your opinion but it is up to you to show restraint and pick your forum discussions, not call war on everyone who disagrees with your views in every thread.

The forum guidelines can be found here for reference and have been recently updated.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/1595/pantheon-developer-forum-guidelines