Forums » The Dark Myr

Myr - Mammals or Fish?

• 135 posts
    June 10, 2019 2:39 PM PDT

Iksar said:

msk12 said:

With her people still in harm’s keep, Syronai rushed to help the Myr, concentrating her power to transform and adapt the bodies she had created long ago. Yet mysteriously her aid was kept at bay. Sickened with grief as she watched her people perishing, the brave goddess gambled on another, more perilous chance: leveraging the essence of her immortality to recreate the Myr anew, even giving them a lung by which to breath on land and legs with which to walk. In a brilliant moment of sacrifice, the miraculous exchange saved the Myr, transforming them forever. But as the exhausted High Mortal collapsed on the shore of Terminus, the crisis she averted wrought a fate far worse....'On the Dark Myr' - 'Of Their Tale'

I'm going with mamphibian.  I don't see where anything was taken away, just given.

Re-highlighted that for you.

If nothing was taken away or changed then this would make no sense:

"I gasped when I saw the first warrior break the surface, the air silent but for the cry of his assault. Yet soon there were dozens leaping from the surf, all descending upon Syronai, our Lady helpless as her devoted. Helpless as a fish warming on a poacher’s deck before he rips it open. Nythir’s Guard tore into her as if she were a threat, vengeance raw and without gratitude. In their hearts Syronai had participated in her own slaughter by violating their bodies, as Myr and as warriors. She had dishonored them, and far too late we understood just how prepared to die our protector brothers had been.

These we now call the Nythirian Red, though I have heard the name Dread Myr used as well. I can only attest to the sounds of their savagery, for I could not even move my face as the surf rolled with perfect calm over my nose and mouth. Though I dared not drown, for such a twisted fate that would have been. In a few hours the Sun warmed my feet, yet I struggled for months to touch them at all."

The Nythirian Red disappeared into the sea, searching for the means to return to true Myr form.

Yes, I considered both of those phrases.  Adding a lung and legs I believe would still qualify as being recreated anew and transformed.  Sticking with mamphibian.

---My opinions are not humble, they are just my opinions.---

• 2388 posts
    June 10, 2019 2:48 PM PDT

msk12 said:

Yes, I considered both of those phrases.  Adding a lung and legs I believe would still qualify as being recreated anew and transformed.  Sticking with mamphibian.

So they murdered her for not taking anything from them, not changing anything about their lives, and giving them the option to transition to land if they wanted to?  Then they disappeared back into the ocean to look for a means to return to their totally unchanged form...

• 1587 posts
    June 10, 2019 3:27 PM PDT

Iksar said:

msk12 said:

So they murdered her for not taking anything from them, not changing anything about their lives, and giving them the option to transition to land if they wanted to?  Then they disappeared back into the ocean to look for a means to return to their totally unchanged form...

This is assuming the mermaid form is their true form, I'm not sure it's described in their lore or whatever, maybe their form was different than any of thoses.

Having also the choice to be land or water can be seen as a corruption, as you get a choice of beeing a land-convenient-specie while you were proud of your sea only heritage. I mean, it can be twisted back and forth to different issues.

To me, the class page explicitely stated a two form race depending of water/earth environment.

While the parts you quoted insight the fact they are only bipedal.

It's contradictory, simply put.

• 467 posts
    June 10, 2019 7:02 PM PDT

If they thought they were violated then that is what they thought.  As for 'what are they?'  They're extraaquarials. 

This post was edited by Tigersin at June 10, 2019 7:20 PM PDT
    • 2388 posts
    June 11, 2019 10:14 AM PDT

Though I dared not drown, for such a twisted fate that would have been.

If they were still aquatic or had an aquatic form I don't imagine drowning would have been a thought or possibility at all. If they had a choice to be in water or on land why would they give up all they know en masse to live on land? 

• 3193 posts
    June 11, 2019 1:51 PM PDT

Quote:  

THE DARK MYR

Even in brokenness, the Myr are a proud, masterful race. But while their majesty transcends the waters, they’ve yet to escape its bitter depths.  - end quote.      VR needs to clear this up.  LOL   When will we hear more about the Dark Myr ..VR??  :P   The Enigma continues.

Cana