Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

No Shaving Until Pre-Alpha. Who's In?

• 1618 posts
    December 27, 2016 11:25 AM PST

Post your starting beardless picture, then monthly show your progress until Pre-Alpha starts. 

• 556 posts
    December 27, 2016 11:49 AM PST

Dude, if this happened for me I could so get a leading role in Vikings at the rate I grow facial hair lmao. 

• 80 posts
    December 27, 2016 11:59 AM PST

Man I dont think I could stand going for 5-7 months without shaving would drive me nuts

• 1303 posts
    December 27, 2016 12:00 PM PST

I'd be all in honestly, but I think my wife would make me sleep in the barn with the horses.

• 120 posts
    December 27, 2016 12:01 PM PST

I would love to join in, but then my wife would equip her +10 power stave and cast fireball at my face.

• 42 posts
    December 27, 2016 12:21 PM PST

I'd have to sleep with one eye open otherwise my wife would shave me while I sleep. lol

• 318 posts
    December 27, 2016 12:53 PM PST

I agree with you lot. It's hard to commit to a quest as epic as this without knowing the exact ending date. If Kilsin could so kindly tell us the day when we can expect to shave our beards, then we could all check with our wives to see if we are allowed to participate...

This post was edited by Wellspring at December 27, 2016 12:53 PM PST
    • 610 posts
    December 27, 2016 1:39 PM PST

Sadly my start and end pictures would be errily simular

• 780 posts
    December 27, 2016 8:18 PM PST

I have to shave for work, but I could grow a mustache, I suppose.

• 61 posts
    December 27, 2016 8:21 PM PST

I can't do it... I would love to do it, but I just can't.  Every November I plan to treat as No-Shave-ember to bring awareness to Men's Health Issues such as testicular cancer, but I can't make it through the whole month.  Three weeks in and I am snapping at everyone around me because my face just feels... wrong.

• 781 posts
    December 27, 2016 8:52 PM PST

Would love to, i actually look pretty darn good with a goatee but my job won't allow me to have any facial hair :(   Steritech violation !

• 25 posts
    December 27, 2016 9:29 PM PST

Sounds fun :) when do we start? I'm traveling with family until the new years but could start then :)

• 323 posts
    December 27, 2016 9:31 PM PST
    I vow not to shave my legs until pre-alpha.
    • 118 posts
    December 27, 2016 10:11 PM PST

LOL hopefully its not long enough for me to get full moutain man but i'm in. my profile pic is my beard right now!

• 27 posts
    December 28, 2016 7:57 AM PST

This will only work if the beard length of our characters in game correspond to our growth while waiting.

Group lfm, 5"+ beard required.

• 319 posts
    December 28, 2016 8:55 AM PST

Nay to this. My beard groes so fast I would be tripping over it by Alpha. Besides, my face is aweful itchy with 3 days of growth. That is about all I can stand before shaving it off. But-- being a little long in the tooth- so to speak- My facial hair, as well as my head is a bit snowy now.

I do however sport a nice mustache. The Wilfred Brimley type and have had it for over 40 years now.  Will that count??

• 138 posts
    December 28, 2016 9:19 AM PST

I roll with a goatee, but everytime I try and grow a full beard I feel like this:

• 1618 posts
    January 2, 2017 10:59 AM PST

Beefcake said:

Post your starting beardless picture, then monthly show your progress until Pre-Alpha starts. 

Day 1 of the Bearded Challenge!

Now, we need a DEV to commit to the cause.

• 3016 posts
    January 2, 2017 2:47 PM PST

Well being that I don't have a beard (can't grow one sorry :D)  I could participate by not shaving my legs....on second thought probably not.   May the best hairy person win.  hehehe

• 1434 posts
    January 2, 2017 3:08 PM PST

My character came with lousy facial hair options. I can't do it.

• 9115 posts
    January 2, 2017 3:30 PM PST

Beefcake said:

Beefcake said:

Day 1 of the Bearded Challenge!

Now, we need a DEV to commit to the cause.

Oh this is so awesome, I am going to get to devs to delay testing until you look like Gandalf! hahaha :D

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at January 2, 2017 3:32 PM PST
    • 1618 posts
    January 2, 2017 4:10 PM PST

DOH!

It's the Law of Unintended Consequences at work.

This post was edited by Beefcake at January 2, 2017 4:47 PM PST
    • 626 posts
    January 2, 2017 7:40 PM PST

Honestly... seeing as how much of a struggle even getting something like the screenshots posted to the site is we aren't worried about delaying lol.... I'm sure in 2018 we VIPs will have our access :) until then I expect nothing but lots of beards...

• 1618 posts
    January 2, 2017 7:50 PM PST

Saicred, The picture upload does not work. You have to post the picture somewhere on the Internet, let Twitter or Facebook. Copy it, then use the identical button next to the upload one.

At least that's how I figured it out.

This post was edited by Beefcake at January 2, 2017 7:50 PM PST
    • 626 posts
    January 2, 2017 8:15 PM PST

Beefcake said:

Saicred, The picture upload does not work. You have to post the picture somewhere on the Internet, let Twitter or Facebook. Copy it, then use the identical button next to the upload one.

At least that's how I figured it out.

Well Thank you but... I was referring to Brad's Tweet from a few days ago about finally uploading screenshots from the stream back in early Dec. to the site by the first of the year. Regardless it's of no concern to anyone but me and just frustrating is all. I wouldn't even be looking on the site for updates every day, as I know this development takes time, if it hadn't been for the public broadcast with the time stamp on it... anyways back on topic :) - Good luck with this! Looking forward to seeing the outcomes from everyone!