Forums » Secret Class

Necromancer Pet

    • 1024 posts
    December 20, 2016 7:43 AM PST

    If their is a Necromancer, I would find it really neat to see them be able to bring to life the bones/corpse of something they killed to act as their pet. 

     

    As long as the pet does not die it will stay with the Necro, but once dead the bones/corpse becomes too damaged to bring back again. 

    • 77 posts
    December 20, 2016 5:17 PM PST

    I think it would fun to animate a dead body from someone in your group.

    • 182 posts
    June 3, 2017 3:38 AM PDT

    If they do bring out a neco in a future expansion and it is along the lines of EQ with a pet, then I would like to see different types of pets.

    In EQ there was the Skelleton and a Spectre.

    I would like to see more undead variety as well as components to gather.

    eg

    Level 1-16 Skelleton Pet requires bone chips

    Level 20-35 Zombie Pet requires Zombie Skin

    Level 40-55 Mummy Pet require Mummy Wraps

    Level 60-??? Spectre Pet requires Spectre Sythes (little stackable ones)

     

    So as the Necro evolves so does there pet and they need to farmt he correct components to cast the spell.

    They can still cast a Skelleton pet at much higher level (in emegencies) and they can be higher level just not as high as there correct level pet.

    Something like if you're 50 and you only have some bone chips you get a level 16 pet + 1/10 caster level so it would be a level 21 pet instead of the usual level 45 pet

    • 4416 posts
    June 3, 2017 1:18 PM PDT

    Boulda said:

    If they do bring out a neco in a future expansion

    We don't know many details, but we do know for sure that there will be a Necromancer in the future :) I think they are trying to get it in before launch, but that's probably pretty unlikely. If not at launch, it'll definitely be in one of the first expansions. They've even already decided which races will be able to be Necromancers :)

    https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5228/pantheon-class-and-race-combinations/view/page/1

    Good ideas about the pets tho!

    • 2013 posts
    June 6, 2017 8:02 AM PDT

    Hasnt this already been decided?

    If you look at the current class listings, you will see Ranger. Rangers are only playing their class correctly by providing corpses for Necro.

    So there you have it! Necro Pets confirmed!!!

    • 2575 posts
    June 6, 2017 4:01 PM PDT

    Bazgrim said:

    Boulda said:

    If they do bring out a neco in a future expansion

    We don't know many details, but we do know for sure that there will be a Necromancer in the future :) I think they are trying to get it in before launch, but that's probably pretty unlikely. If not at launch, it'll definitely be in one of the first expansions. They've even already decided which races will be able to be Necromancers :)

    https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5228/pantheon-class-and-race-combinations/view/page/1

    Good ideas about the pets tho!

     

    I imagine they will be released in a content patch instead of expansion if they don't make launch. 

    • 4416 posts
    June 6, 2017 5:46 PM PDT

    Iksar said:

    Bazgrim said:

    Boulda said:

    If they do bring out a neco in a future expansion

    We don't know many details, but we do know for sure that there will be a Necromancer in the future :) I think they are trying to get it in before launch, but that's probably pretty unlikely. If not at launch, it'll definitely be in one of the first expansions. They've even already decided which races will be able to be Necromancers :)

    https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5228/pantheon-class-and-race-combinations/view/page/1

    Good ideas about the pets tho!

     

    I imagine they will be released in a content patch instead of expansion if they don't make launch. 

    That's certainly also a possibility.

    • 116 posts
    June 8, 2017 9:29 AM PDT

    It would be really cool if Necromancers could customize their pet from (looted) slain enemy parts.

    ie: Slot items for your pet that can be upgraded/changed as you level.

     

    Some Examples:

    Hand Slot: Add a posion spike from a Manticore. (poisons enemies on hit)

    Arm Slot: Add muscle tissue from an Orc. (provides harder hits)

    Leg Slot: Add skin from a Troll. (adds regeneration)

    Head Slot: Add eyes from a Gorgon. (chance to paralize on gaze)

     

     

    • 261 posts
    June 8, 2017 2:43 PM PDT

    In EQ2, Necromancers have quite a variety of pets at their disposal.  Every 10 levels or so you got a new type and its look was based on the level of the spell known. (Apprentice, Adept, Expert, Master.)

    Everything from skeletons, to shadowy assassins and demonic lamia, to drachnids and skeletal knights on his own undead steed. They also get a charm spell that allows them to subjugate nearby undead to their will.

    I love the idea of being able to call forth a pet from a nearby enemy corpse, though.

    • 4416 posts
    June 8, 2017 2:53 PM PDT

    Bonechip said:

    It would be really cool if Necromancers could customize their pet from (looted) slain enemy parts.

    ie: Slot items for your pet that can be upgraded/changed as you level.

     

    Some Examples:

    Hand Slot: Add a posion spike from a Manticore. (poisons enemies on hit)

    Arm Slot: Add muscle tissue from an Orc. (provides harder hits)

    Leg Slot: Add skin from a Troll. (adds regeneration)

    Head Slot: Add eyes from a Gorgon. (chance to paralize on gaze)

     

     

    That would be cool as long as the numbers aren't out of control. Reminds me of this: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3802/build-your-own-pet

    There'd be a lot of Frankenstein's Monsters walking around lol


    This post was edited by Bazgrim at June 8, 2017 2:54 PM PDT
    • 619 posts
    July 1, 2017 7:42 AM PDT

    To my surprise I've come to enjoy the necromancer a lot after returning to gw2 for a bit. Now its totally unclear what i'll roll in Pantheon. Can't wait till they reveal more about each of the available classes

    • 113 posts
    September 17, 2017 10:27 AM PDT

    Bonechip said:

    It would be really cool if Necromancers could customize their pet from (looted) slain enemy parts.

    ie: Slot items for your pet that can be upgraded/changed as you level.

     

    Some Examples:

    Hand Slot: Add a posion spike from a Manticore. (poisons enemies on hit)

    Arm Slot: Add muscle tissue from an Orc. (provides harder hits)

    Leg Slot: Add skin from a Troll. (adds regeneration)

    Head Slot: Add eyes from a Gorgon. (chance to paralize on gaze)

     

    Vanguard already did this. The items were called Grafts and you would get varoius body parts with different abilities. Off of some Raid mobs and higher end group mobs you would also get some tremendous grafts. I loved that part of the Vanguard Necromancer. For example i had a graft that would would lifetap the mob the pet fought and heal it.

     


    This post was edited by Zaketh at September 17, 2017 10:28 AM PDT
    • 37 posts
    October 4, 2017 1:13 PM PDT

    Bonechip said:

    It would be really cool if Necromancers could customize their pet from (looted) slain enemy parts.

    ie: Slot items for your pet that can be upgraded/changed as you level.

     

    Some Examples:

    Hand Slot: Add a posion spike from a Manticore. (poisons enemies on hit)

    Arm Slot: Add muscle tissue from an Orc. (provides harder hits)

    Leg Slot: Add skin from a Troll. (adds regeneration)

    Head Slot: Add eyes from a Gorgon. (chance to paralize on gaze)

     

     

    Vanguard used this approach, with equipment slots of Necro pets, and specific pet equipment drops/rewards. Only a few made a visual difference to the pet, but they added stats and abilities. It wasn't well-maintained to scale with increasing levels and raid gear though, sadly, but could've been really awesome.

    • 32 posts
    October 13, 2017 7:46 AM PDT

    VicNuggets said:

    I think it would fun to animate a dead body from someone in your group.

    Didnt eq1 or eq2 necro have this ability? My memory is fuzzy but I could have sworn I remembered something to this effect 

    • 414 posts
    November 24, 2017 12:46 AM PST
    Yes, requiring a corpse should be part of Necro gameplay. Hope so!