Forums » Secret Class

Geomancer-Aeromancy

• 292 posts
    December 15, 2016 6:46 PM PST

Hello everyone. Geomancy and Aeromancy came to mind. Hmm just a thought.

• 4271 posts
    December 19, 2016 7:44 AM PST

This is what I imagine an Archai Wizard or Summoner to be

• 15 posts
    August 7, 2018 11:17 AM PDT

Bit of a thread necro here, but with as much emphasis as the team is putting on the environment I'd honestly be surprised if a Geomancer/Aeromancer didn't eventually make it's way into the class selection.

I was always fond of the iteration of the Geomancer in Final Fantasy Tactics. It was a Melee/AoE CC class whose abilities would change, causing varying CC/debuffs, depending on the terrain. I always loved the class as it was a really fun concept. However, the class kind of sucked mid to late game because it's main ability didn't scale at all, but that's beside the point.

It could potentially make for a very interesting, albeit limited and difficult-to-implement, CC class. From vines and ivy rooting the targets in forests, to slows/snares in swamps, to freezing the target in frozen tundras, to stuns/damage from rockslides in mountain terrain, there are tons of options. The class could also be given acclimation buffs to assist group members in particularly deadly environments.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Geomancer_(Tactics)

This post was edited by Turnip at August 8, 2018 2:58 PM PDT
    • 24 posts
    January 7, 2019 5:30 AM PST
    What about geomancer and pyromancer ;)