Forums » Guild Recruitment

Old EQ Bertoxxulous players

• 2 posts
    January 12, 2018 7:54 PM PST

Wow, all the memories.  I was on Bertoxx from 99 on and was in both Divine and Omani. 

My toons name was Saltil.  I was an enchanter.  Aerron Elbron and I hung out a lot.

If you guys start up a guild let me know, I loved the original Divine before it imploded and Omani.

Anyone remember  Badger!!!!!!

Saltil Mystweaver

• 14 posts
    January 25, 2018 10:50 PM PST

Saltil said:

Wow, all the memories.  I was on Bertoxx from 99 on and was in both Divine and Omani. 

My toons name was Saltil.  I was an enchanter.  Aerron Elbron and I hung out a lot.

If you guys start up a guild let me know, I loved the original Divine before it imploded and Omani.

Saltil Mystweaver

I definitely remember seeing the name Saltil around. I recall you being a gnome, and usually when I came across you I’d see all the new shiny stuff I wanted! 

I posted earlier in this thread as my old dark elf enchanter Rogam.

• 326 posts
    January 26, 2018 7:23 AM PST

I was a Bertoxxulus player when i switched over from zebuxorok. Only got to like a 52 ranger lol. Had a really helpful ranger mentor who was 60 and gave me her hamidown bow when I was lvl 5 and taught me what to go for. Good times.

I also do remember seeing some Omani before, but wasn't hardcore at the time until beastlords came out.

• 17 posts
    March 16, 2018 7:59 PM PDT

I played Bertox!! I was a Vah Shir Beastlord called Tathe Weven, then a half-elf I think druid named Laiowen, as well! 

Also my brother who played Bertox says he remembers a lot of your names. He was a human enchanter called Yavl, part of the Goldenhearts guild. 

I hope to see a lot of you in-game! :) 

• 1 posts
    April 1, 2018 3:06 PM PDT

Hi,  I played a SK on Bertoxx named Soltan at launch. I mostly soloed but later on I joined a small guild called The Company. I doubt anyone would remember me but some of you may remember my brother who was an Ogre Shaman named Buktuan in The Company originally. 

I'll be in Alpha and look forward to seeing you folks then or later.

This post was edited by Chewtoy at April 1, 2018 3:09 PM PDT
    • 9 posts
    April 3, 2018 7:25 PM PDT

Former Terris Thule player here. I transferred from Karana. How's it going friends? Certainly looking for a guild once this goes live.

By the way, Terris Thule people, are any of you guys here? Would love to reuinte after SEVENTEEN YEARS!

Darkbone

Doggan

Ursin

Alassra

Bangoo

Penuvian

This post was edited by travdood at April 3, 2018 8:43 PM PDT
    • 2 posts
    April 19, 2018 9:38 AM PDT

Old Bertoxx here, too. I went guildless for a long while, just jumping into the early PUG raids, then joined a handful of smaller guilds that I don't remember the names of looking for the right fit. I was in Shahrazad for a while, until RL kept me from keeping up the raid schedule. Spent a good long while in Debeo Amicitia and met some of my best EQ friends there, also joined Keepers of the Glade until I quit for the first time. Came back randomly and found myself unguilded, joined back with the remnants of DA, but never really found many online, and eventually just realized I was paying a monthly sub to play a single player game, boxxing with a bunch of Mercs. And that was the end for me.

• 5 posts
    April 22, 2018 8:50 PM PDT

So cool to see so many folks from my old server!  I was also a Bertoxx player, started in '99, then played in college (2001-2004).  I don't remember my guild that I did some Planes of time raids with, but I have many fond memories of the Bertoxx server!  My main was a Half-Elf Bard named Tawm Merrillin, my brother played a Barbarian Beastlord named Perrin.  Old school EQ bard still remains my favorite class from any MMO ever.  I played EQ2, Rift, WoW, GW2, etc. (never played Vanguard, sadly), but never found a Jack of All trades, master of none class I liked nearly as much.

My best memory from EQ was getting my Bard's epic, the Singing Steel Shortsword.  Looking up guides online to find all the random npc's to talk to, materials to farm, raid bosses to camp to see when they're alive.  I still remember invis-songing my way into Old Sebilis to check if Trakanon was up, who was on a 7 day respawn timer (no way that flies nowadays!) and asking my raid-geared Shadow Knight friend (can't remember her name) to help tank and kill the dragon for the strings.  Ah, good ole' days!

Anyway, hope to see many of you in game when my Bard is reborn in Terminus instead of Norrath!

• 1 posts
    April 29, 2018 2:38 PM PDT

Hi All, I played on Tholuxe Paells between 2000-2004 mainly. Gegyen Wolfsoul. Lvl 65 Wood Elf Druid. There are so many fond memories that I have from that time. It really was a joy to be part of EQ. Most of my time was spent with The Knights of Dawn Fire and Crystalized Blades. I will be entering Terminus come Alpha and hope to see you all around.

This post was edited by Gegyen at April 30, 2018 4:31 PM PDT
    • 8 posts
    May 8, 2018 7:19 PM PDT

Saltil said:

Saltil Mystweaver

I remember you, Saltil. Thanks for all the free KEIs!

Rand118 said:

So cool to see so many folks from my old server!  I was also a Bertoxx player, started in '99, then played in college (2001-2004).  I don't remember my guild that I did some Planes of time raids with, but I have many fond memories of the Bertoxx server!  My main was a Half-Elf Bard named Tawm Merrillin, my brother played a Barbarian Beastlord named Perrin.  Old school EQ bard still remains my favorite class from any MMO ever.  I played EQ2, Rift, WoW, GW2, etc. (never played Vanguard, sadly), but never found a Jack of All trades, master of none class I liked nearly as much.

My best memory from EQ was getting my Bard's epic, the Singing Steel Shortsword.  Looking up guides online to find all the random npc's to talk to, materials to farm, raid bosses to camp to see when they're alive.  I still remember invis-songing my way into Old Sebilis to check if Trakanon was up, who was on a 7 day respawn timer (no way that flies nowadays!) and asking my raid-geared Shadow Knight friend (can't remember her name) to help tank and kill the dragon for the strings.  Ah, good ole' days!

Anyway, hope to see many of you in game when my Bard is reborn in Terminus instead of Norrath!

While I don't think I met you, I know I ribbed Perrin Goldeneyes a few times and suggested he'd better be a blacksmith with a name like that.

Saiidin Pureblade, Half-elf Paladin of Tunare, chiming in to the Bertoxxulan old farts' thread!

This post was edited by Saiidin at May 8, 2018 8:09 PM PDT
    • 1 posts
    June 10, 2018 9:15 PM PDT

My wife (Rhyannon - druid) and I (Lanearas - ranger) played on Bertox starting with Kunark up until a few years ago.  Started in Guides of Norrath, then spent time in a few different guilds: Debeo Amicitia, Forgotten Alliance, Mists of Avalon, Avvisione, Keepers of the Glade.  We are still in Crusaders Valorous, but haven't been active in a long time.  We too are hoping that we can come across some old friends...

• 5 posts
    July 19, 2018 10:04 PM PDT

I was in Divine, Omani, and later moved to Vanguard with some of those same folk.

Mostly played my wizard Malodium, then in Vanguard played a gnome sorc named Baldrick.  I remember you Saltil :) Hoping to find some of the old gang to hang with once Pantheon goes live!

• 12 posts
    August 11, 2018 2:16 PM PDT

Old Bertoxx player here from the first few years of EQ, I was one of the founding members of Omani, among some of the first members before I got tired of the server and moved to Emarr where I met some real friends :) Necromancer Gaothmog and Monk Ryenku are the two toons I used to play on Bert. might be some familiar people here, who knows.

This post was edited by Drauk4131 at August 11, 2018 2:20 PM PDT
    • 1 posts
    August 19, 2018 11:54 AM PDT
    I see a lot of names I recognize. More than I thought I would, considering how much I drank in the old EQ days.

Looking forward to grouping and (possibly late) healing everyone once we're back in the world.

-Thargrimm. Formerly of Bertox
    • 12 posts
    August 21, 2018 8:56 PM PDT

Thargrimm now there's a name I recognize :) actually quite a few, would have played on Bertoxx alot longer if I hadn't found out some RL friends were playing on Emarr server. I ended up maining an Ogre Warrior on Emarr heh.

• 2 posts
    August 31, 2018 7:49 PM PDT
    Hey guys, Gigantore here. I remember a few of ya all. I was in a few guilds but joined Dragon Council just as they beat PoTime and was in there for a long time up till I quit in ‘07 or ‘08. Came back for a couple years in 2011. On again off again. I moved my toons to bristlebane because I didn’t know a soul on bertoxx anymore and DC fell apart. But I am dying for this game to come out and will be ready to kill lots of **** and have fun!