Forums » The Gnomes

Gnome Model

• 2013 posts
    December 11, 2016 4:57 PM PST

Excellent! I want one!

• 1789 posts
    December 11, 2016 5:18 PM PST

I usually don't do small races. But, after seeing the gnomes here, my main will be a gnome enchanter.

• 22 posts
    December 11, 2016 5:38 PM PST

My character has always traditionally been a smallfolk I'm just not sure it he's going to be a gnome or a halfling. I'll have to wait and see what they both look like and the racials I suppose.

• 139 posts
    December 12, 2016 8:09 AM PST

Did 8 years as a Gnome in EQ1, hate the new take on them so probably going Halfling. I can respect that people enjoy the new concept for Gnomes but I wonder how limited they will be on variations of armor graphics, seems there is an emphasis on the bandings that hold them together...and the mask.

• 45 posts
    May 26, 2019 6:30 PM PDT

I'm completely opposite and on the fence about these Gnome's looks. I think, as far as customization goes based on how they naturally look with the armors and being energy, they will be very limited in looks and customization within the game. Hopefully, I am completely wrong and they have a lot of customization options available but this race reminds me of the Eberron Warforges we have to deal with in DDO.

No matter what gear they have on they still look like some big, clumsy robot with a club in their hands.

• 467 posts
    May 26, 2019 7:46 PM PDT

I imagine a lot can be done with gnomes.  Mask customization could be very cool if you can engrave the mask (like tattoos). The last stream, Myra was a thin gnome with a sword and shield.  

Your point is valid but there's no way it has escaped VR.  They won't say "f-it we've got more important races to detail"   :)

• 103 posts
    June 12, 2019 12:14 PM PDT

I usually go with elfs/dark elfs - but in Pantheon most of my characters will be gnomes. As for mask customisation I'm pretty sure it will be present, after all we won't have actual face to customise, so engravings on the masks as well as mask shapes are the way to go - I would be pretty dissapointed otherwise. However as mask being a mask - a piece of equipment, I wonder, if we will be able to change it later in the game - maybe find some new metals that would give them special properties and new shapes - not present in the character creation process.