Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Stream questions!

• 134 posts
    December 9, 2016 8:06 PM PST

So I worked all day and watched the stream the moment I got home. I have a few questions that I didn't hear get answered!

Aradune - What race was he playing as? It looked like Human Female? Maybe Elf Female? I'm not sure.

Dual Wield - Is it going to work similarly to EQ? It looked like there was consistent swinging of weapons in both hands unlike EQ at low levels.

Bard - You guys mentioned they might actually make release!? (You did say might, might not - I understand!) I want to let you know I'd wait longer just so they can make release!

Request for next stream : Monk gameplay!

This post was edited by Dhampir at December 9, 2016 8:28 PM PST
    • 2886 posts
    December 10, 2016 12:07 AM PST

Dhampir said:

So I worked all day and watched the stream the moment I got home. I have a few questions that I didn't hear get answered!

Aradune - What race was he playing as? It looked like Human Female? Maybe Elf Female? I'm not sure.

Dual Wield - Is it going to work similarly to EQ? It looked like there was consistent swinging of weapons in both hands unlike EQ at low levels.

Bard - You guys mentioned they might actually make release!? (You did say might, might not - I understand!) I want to let you know I'd wait longer just so they can make release!

1. Human Female.

2. As far as I know, they have not released any details about this. Probably just a bit too early as they are still tuning combat mechanics.

3. Prior to the stream, Brad had said that even though Bards were not confirmed, there was still a chance that they might be able to do them before launch, although that's unlikely since Brad is picky about his bards. However, today Joppa specifically said there will be 12 classes at launch. We already know of those 12 and they don't include the Bard, sadly. So I think it's pretty safe to say that there's basically no chance Bards will be on launch day. (My personal opinion: they will probably be toward the top of the priority for the first or second expansion.)

• 1778 posts
    December 10, 2016 1:21 AM PST

2nd expansion? I freaking hope not. 1st expansion would be bad enough. I was thinking more like a patch 3 to 6 months after launch. With modern development tools and as other games have done more recently, you dont really need to wait for an expansion to add a class. Could be wrong but that seems doable to me.

• 316 posts
    December 10, 2016 1:26 AM PST

They did mention both Bards and Necros would be implemented soon after, if not with, the launch! Hopefully that does mean within 6 months or so as Amsai said, but whatever. I'm just glad to hear they're definitely in relatively soon.

Neeeeeecroooooooooooooooosss........

• 9115 posts
    December 10, 2016 1:48 AM PST

Dhampir said:

Brad was using a Human female model, we have a few versions of each now but that one looks cool.

Dual wield is similar to EQ/VG but it is in its early stages of development and was only just implemented a week or so ago, so still being tweaked.

Bard/Necro - Will definitely make it into the game at some stage, at this point it is looking like after release but we are going to try hard to get them in prior to release but no promises at all. :)

• 2138 posts
    December 10, 2016 4:21 AM PST

Kils, did you re-roll? *blinks*

I mean I thought....well you were a female rogue and I was just....I was hoping...I know the groups not "optimal* but you would meet others in time I mean joppa seems to be on most of the time when you are on or when your rogue was on.....um....were you casting?...you like the dwarf better?

(this social dynamic!)

• 633 posts
    December 10, 2016 5:48 AM PST

Cohh was running rogue in the group, so Kilsin ran the enchanter.

• 9115 posts
    December 10, 2016 6:21 AM PST

Manouk said:

Kils, did you re-roll? *blinks*

I mean I thought....well you were a female rogue and I was just....I was hoping...I know the groups not "optimal* but you would meet others in time I mean joppa seems to be on most of the time when you are on or when your rogue was on.....um....were you casting?...you like the dwarf better?

(this social dynamic!)

kelenin said:

Cohh was running rogue in the group, so Kilsin ran the enchanter.

Yeah, Cohh is a Rogue main as well, so we let him use the Rogue class for this group as that is what he was familiar with and I said I would help CC with the Enchanter instead as I played a raiding Psi in VG for 3+ years before I created my Rogue Kilsin :)

But Rogue is still my main class when I get to play it. I will also have a Shaman, Enchanter and a Tank of some sort (probably a Dire Lord), I am an alt-o-holic and love learning lots of classes and being a Guild and Raid Leader I like to know how they raid and what they should be doing when I call a raid. lol ;)

• 2886 posts
    December 10, 2016 8:42 AM PST

Kilsin said:

kelenin said:

Yeah, Cohh is a Rogue main as well, so we let him use the Rogue class for this group as that is what he was familiar with and I said I would help CC with the Enchanter instead as I played a raiding Psi in VG for 3+ years before I created my Rogue Kilsin :)

But Rogue is still my main class when I get to play it. I will also have a Shaman, Enchanter and a Tank of some sort (probably a Dire Lord), I am an alt-o-holic and love learning lots of classes and being a Guild and Raid Leader I like to know how they raid and what they should be doing when I call a raid. lol ;)

Will Dwarves really be able to be enchanters or was that just GM hax? lol

I also have a couple different questions of my own:

1. What are the Nexus stones?

2. It is possible to be acclimated to all climates at once?

Amsai said:

2nd expansion? I freaking hope not. 1st expansion would be bad enough. I was thinking more like a patch 3 to 6 months after launch. With modern development tools and as other games have done more recently, you dont really need to wait for an expansion to add a class. Could be wrong but that seems doable to me.

I agree it hope it gets in soon after too and I think it's very likely. It would be fairly easy to release a new class, but I use all the terms "expansion/update/patch" very loosely because they haven't yet specified at all how they are going to handle that sort of thing.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at December 10, 2016 8:46 AM PST
    • 9115 posts
    December 10, 2016 4:34 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Kilsin said:

kelenin said:

We do not have race/class locks in place yet and they probably won't be until well into testing but I have no idea if Dwarves can be Enchanters I don't personally see a problem with it but it will be up to Istuulamae and Joppa to work that out with our Lore etc. :)

The Nexus stones are portal stones for us Devs to click on and travel to a place we call the Nexus which is a Dev/GM hub of sorts, it's a big room where we have lots of those stones to travel to any zone in the game, along with our /slash commands to move around to different points in each zone, they are not for public use and will be removed once the game launches and probably deactivated for testing.

I am fairly sure if you have the right gear and have trained well enough you should be able to but by the time you do you will be very high level and very experienced at the game, some sacrifices will need to be made in the early to mid game to visit certain areas and in some cases progression into or past those areas may be prevented until you meet the requirements or get better gear/better acclimatized, a high-level zone that you are not acclimatized to will kill you in seconds without the proper requirements :)

I hope that helped answer your questions, my friend :)

• 2886 posts
    December 10, 2016 6:26 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Bazgrim said:

Kilsin said:

kelenin said:

We do not have race/class locks in place yet and they probably won't be until well into testing but I have no idea if Dwarves can be Enchanters I don't personally see a problem with it but it will be up to Istuulamae and Joppa to work that out with our Lore etc. :)

The Nexus stones are portal stones for us Devs to click on and travel to a place we call the Nexus which is a Dev/GM hub of sorts, it's a big room where we have lots of those stones to travel to any zone in the game, along with our /slash commands to move around to different points in each zone, they are not for public use and will be removed once the game launches and probably deactivated for testing.

I am fairly sure if you have the right gear and have trained well enough you should be able to but by the time you do you will be very high level and very experienced at the game, some sacrifices will need to be made in the early to mid game to visit certain areas and in some cases progression into or past those areas may be prevented until you meet the requirements or get better gear/better acclimatized, a high-level zone that you are not acclimatized to will kill you in seconds without the proper requirements :)

I hope that helped answer your questions, my friend :)

Yes, very helpful, thank you!

• 134 posts
    December 12, 2016 6:29 PM PST

Thank you for the replies.

Like I said - I understand if Bard doesn't make it for release, I'm just hoping you can make it! But I won't be super disappointed because I can level my alt first and when bard comes out - Progeny my bard! :D