Forums » The Cleric

Cleric Wishlist!

• 71 posts
    November 26, 2017 11:37 PM PST
    To bee kept busy like I was in eq, and eqoa. I can see a lot of wow influence in some of these posts. Also some great ideas. Playing a cleric is much different then a priest though. A cleric can and should be played aggressively. It's really important to do everything you can in all types of environments. If you want to just stand there and heal you can. Honestly though, if you really want to play this class you should be ready to a constant shifting of game play. From falling back on your heels, to running up and smacking things with a warhammer. Clerics typically are not limited to just undead nukes. They also have arcane nukes, dots, root, buffs/debuffs and the almighty warhammer. Agreed they are not epic dpsers. But use a root on one of two mobs to pull, dot the incoming, watch the tank grab him, smack the thing with your hammer, toss your crappy arcane nuke, toss the tank an appropriate heal, look around for adds, heal the druid standing in fire, time the dot for the next mob as the kill shot for the first one comes close to landing, tick the tank, toss an arcane crap nuke, qh the DAMN druid again, swing that hammer, look around for your next pull.... that's playing a cleric.
    • 33 posts
    April 18, 2018 8:51 PM PDT

Great topic. One of my major grip with playing a Cleric in EQ was that I could NOT invis myslef. Silly when you could invis VS undead.  

• 74 posts
    April 19, 2018 3:07 AM PDT

I woiuld like a nummer of new things this is a wishlist right =)

i would like some different Ac spells effects like a deflect shield 10%/20% etc gets mitigated on top the ac buff . or a minor elemental shield that damage the target or alternitive a blinding effect where the aggresor starts to miss.

then perhaps something in line with a mana buff we can boost hp why not mana ? and a spell to boost mana regen speed.

Ok cleric have full plate and shields and we cant whack a rat ...jikes what are they a turtle? time for some damage and plz dont say undead only, put in some damage spells that actually hurt ?

The poor undeads are already under stress by paladins so why cant we have some spell damage going for all evil doers i am quite sure a zombie burns equally good like an orc.

And blunt weapon only why ? this is not DD 1980 ...kinda funny seeing a dark myr weilding a mace underwater it just dosent fit.

Hmm debuffs hm Hell yeah! we have some AC buffs put them in reverse mode great for the dps classes and works like a neat party trick on girls in armor(men to if thats your liking).

Pets everyone wants one!! its almost like a zoo out there not really sure what is fitting for a cleric thou perhaps something close to race? oh poor dark myr well i guess a gold fish is kinda cute.

what more? kinda like the light/blind effects somewhat fitting for a cleric could work like a halfbaked mezz option.

Well i guess it is kinda unrealistic on all levels but it is a wish list right =)

• 300 posts
    June 5, 2018 4:36 PM PDT

Flossie said:

I'm more in favor of some offensive magic vs offensive melee. I'm not suggesting anything along the lines of a wizard or summoner, or even an enchanter, it should definitely be weak by comparison as that is not our forte, we are healers. However, I feel that when we need to kill something that it should be more magic-based with a tome in hand.

Holy magic most definitely. I think clerics should have a special affinity to dealing with, and offering protection from, the undead. So a few skills like a damage shield buff for melee vs undead might be nice. It could be similar to the EQ druid thorns except it only works on undead and is maybe slightly more effective than a standard damage shield. 

Maybe another buff that could come at a permanent cost of mana while active (example a 20% of total mana upkeep) to keep it from being overused and abused is the ability to buff one ally weapon with holy energy that does X amount of additional damage to undead or alternatively has a chance to proc some sort of undead damage spell. I fully realize such a spell could be abused so balance would be the key to it working.

Aside from that, I'd be happy to have the standard cleric arsenal of big heals, HoTs, buffs, rezes, and maybe some summoned undead self use hammers as well as the disembodied floating attack hammer pet.

• 16 posts
    June 6, 2018 10:26 AM PDT

I'd like to see something like compound heal buffs to maintain player interaction.  Let me give an example.

A tank is engaging an elite boss mob.  Damage at the beginning of the fight is a bit mundane, but steady.  Low to medium heals are being applied to the tank.  This also provides a stackable buff to the tank, only being kept track of by the Cleric itself. 

2-3 minutes into the fight, or at 1/3 less than max health, the boss mob does a Giant Smash, causing a lot of direct damage to the tank, and medium damage to all party members within range.  This tends to be the worst scenario for a strong direct healer – Who do I heal first?

The stacks of the successful heals on the tank, they left a ‘Holy Residue’, and a Cleric would use their ‘Residual Faith’ heal, which doesn’t need to be a target heal.  It immediately heals proportionately to the stacks left on the previously spam healed target.  This can be an isolated move (aka, player with the most stacks get the heals), or it can possibly be used as a group heal depending on who has stacks of ‘Holy Residue’.  Heck, maybe in raid environments, a team of Clerics spread their heals in sequence so everyone has the stacked buff, and then the Raid Leader calls for a Residual Heal, basically cleansing the whole raid group. 

Of course, you can’t have it be too overpowered, so this is going to drain mana proportionately as well.  This would be a good use of the ‘colored’ mana system that VR plans to implement.

Aside from that, I’d like to have spell scrolls be in certain languages only.  Want to be able to use the Holy Hammer?  Well, better learn Dwarvish because the Master Cleric of the Dwarven people won’t be able to teach it to you otherwise.  Need to protect your tank from Poison Water Bolts?  Talk to the Dark Myr Head Cleric and heed his directions on how to obtain the scroll.

This post was edited by techninja1337 at June 6, 2018 10:28 AM PDT
    • 820 posts
    June 7, 2018 11:53 AM PDT

I don't have a dog in this fight, really. Definitely not going to play a healer. But I've been perusing the various forums for different classes and stumbled upon this, and found myself irked a bit by some of it. 

I'd be interested in hearing the thoughts of the clerics out there that are asking for more magic or melee DPS of some kind. Why? What's the justification for clerics - arguably the primary healers - to have more melee capabilities (other than undead, a staple of holiness) but warriors, rogues, etc to not have healing capabilities? The argument is the same, really. "Just in case they get into trouble" ...right? 

Just in case my cleric gets ambushed while running through a zone, it would be nice to have a little extra damage capbilities. 

Is the same as.

Just in case my warrior gets ambushed while running through a zone, it would be nice to have a heal or two. 

So why one but not the other? Is this not part of the class interdependence so many of us advocate?

This post was edited by Tralyan at June 7, 2018 11:54 AM PDT
    • 1830 posts
    June 7, 2018 3:26 PM PDT

Tralyan said:

I don't have a dog in this fight, really. Definitely not going to play a healer. But I've been perusing the various forums for different classes and stumbled upon this, and found myself irked a bit by some of it. 

I'd be interested in hearing the thoughts of the clerics out there that are asking for more magic or melee DPS of some kind. Why? What's the justification for clerics - arguably the primary healers - to have more melee capabilities (other than undead, a staple of holiness) but warriors, rogues, etc to not have healing capabilities? The argument is the same, really. "Just in case they get into trouble" ...right? 

Just in case my cleric gets ambushed while running through a zone, it would be nice to have a little extra damage capbilities. 

Is the same as.

Just in case my warrior gets ambushed while running through a zone, it would be nice to have a heal or two. 

So why one but not the other? Is this not part of the class interdependence so many of us advocate?

I think it's just grasping for something else for clerics to have since shaman and druid seem more diverse yet have parity in healing. It wouldn't seem too out there to me for them to have some melee DPS of some kind, given they wear plate armor and tend to carry blunt weaponry which seems to imply they expect to be scrapping with foes to some degree more than any other casting class. I don't think they would be pumping out the DPS or anything but it could tie into some mechanic of theirs if they went that route.

The justification is Paladin. They are tanks with some amount of damage and healing capabilities. Dire Lord might end up with at least some self heals too with their blood focus. 

• 183 posts
    June 8, 2018 6:34 AM PDT
    Battle res - confirmed in one of the latest streams.

Short term buffs that reduces damage taken by let's say 15-20 % for 8 sec 2 min cd

Viable damage options

I would like to see a stun single target stun on a medium cd like 30 s

Best regards Bam
    • 36 posts
    June 17, 2018 1:57 PM PDT

Iksar said:I think it's just grasping for something else for clerics to have since shaman and druid seem more diverse yet have parity in healing. It wouldn't seem too out there to me for them to have some melee DPS of some kind, given they wear plate armor and tend to carry blunt weaponry which seems to imply they expect to be scrapping with foes to some degree more than any other casting class. I don't think they would be pumping out the DPS or anything but it could tie into some mechanic of theirs if they went that route.

The justification is Paladin. They are tanks with some amount of damage and healing capabilities. Dire Lord might end up with at least some self heals too with their blood focus. 

It doesn't necessarily need to be DPS related but if shaman and druids have healing parity with clerics while also bringing other stuff to the group and clerics don't bring something else why would any group bring a cleric?  Obviously they wouldn't unless they had no other choice.  That is the major hurdle to the "all classes that can do role x should be equally proficient at it" paradigm.  How do you make them equal at their role, distinctly different, yet equally desirable to groups?

• 32 posts
    July 13, 2018 12:36 AM PDT
    I would like to have a battle cleric again.
    • 494 posts
    July 13, 2018 6:40 AM PDT

Tahoe said: I would like to have a battle cleric again.

yea make clerics great again!

But it looks like you will be somewhat battle oriented, what with all attacks restoring health, and health restore contributing to cleric's celestial bond resource.

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at July 13, 2018 6:41 AM PDT
    • 59 posts
    July 13, 2018 8:01 AM PDT

Zyellinia said:

Iksar said:I think it's just grasping for something else for clerics to have since shaman and druid seem more diverse yet have parity in healing. It wouldn't seem too out there to me for them to have some melee DPS of some kind, given they wear plate armor and tend to carry blunt weaponry which seems to imply they expect to be scrapping with foes to some degree more than any other casting class. I don't think they would be pumping out the DPS or anything but it could tie into some mechanic of theirs if they went that route.

It doesn't necessarily need to be DPS related but if shaman and druids have healing parity with clerics while also bringing other stuff to the group and clerics don't bring something else why would any group bring a cleric?  Obviously they wouldn't unless they had no other choice.  That is the major hurdle to the "all classes that can do role x should be equally proficient at it" paradigm.  How do you make them equal at their role, distinctly different, yet equally desirable to groups?

Not that I disagree that every class needs to bring something to make them 'desirable', one advantage healers have is this - how often have you found yourself in a situation in which you can be picky about WHICH healer you take?  Usually grateful that one show up at all! :)

• 36 posts
    July 13, 2018 10:24 AM PDT

asteldian said:

Not that I disagree that every class needs to bring something to make them 'desirable', one advantage healers have is this - how often have you found yourself in a situation in which you can be picky about WHICH healer you take?  Usually grateful that one show up at all! :)

While this is true, do you really want to play the class that gets the "well, since we can't find an x or y you can come so we don't have to wait longer" treatment?

• 59 posts
    July 14, 2018 12:01 PM PDT
    Not at all - i have been that class too often. But at least if that happens you still get groups while VR sort out balancing issues :)
    • 56 posts
    July 18, 2018 1:04 AM PDT

With the cleric reveal I got pretty much everything I could want, I love Light shroud as a HOT that refreshes on use with Celestial Light, and how Celestial light has a soft emergency aspect to it by giving targets on low health extra armour. Arcing Luminance as a Aoe heal is great I love how it works and not to mention the fantastic emergency heals/skills we get in Reithal's luminous shield and Reckon's Shield/Barrier.

My only concern is the Aoe heal Arcing luminance, as it only heals 3 targets (including yourself) if it has a large cool down I could imagine it making it fairly hard to heal on a Cleric as we've seen a lot of Aoe damage happening on streams. But I'm sure the devs will make sure the cleric is well balanced when it comes to healing I'm looking forward to playing the class, I'm very happy with what we've seen so far.

Can't wait to see some game play when we have celestial power to play with as well, so far all the streams have been mana only.