Forums » General Guild Discussion

any? current EQ raiding guilds top teir coming?

• 272 posts
    December 2, 2016 8:54 AM PST

Just wondering if we have any big names we where used to coming to this game?

I wouldnt mind looking at one right off the bat. Not just any though.

• 85 posts
    December 2, 2016 10:07 AM PST

I'd imagine if they are making the jump that they are going to hold off until closer to launch to announce the intent!    Being a recovering EQ addict myself, it is always a delicate subject to propose given the many years of play and love people have for their toon.

Some may jump in gung-ho, but I think a lot will wait to see if Pantheon thrives or goes on the carnage of MMO scrap heaps.

This post was edited by Warben at December 2, 2016 10:10 AM PST
    • 272 posts
    December 2, 2016 12:42 PM PST

I think warben starting off smallish and slowly growing new names but reserving names in EQ or slots is not a bad thing. Getting a feel for the first expansion and finding out what is imporant to a full size guild is great. Learning what to expect, how Adps, DPS works etc... Burns all the good stuff.

To pour too many resources into a new mmo, will be hard as it is.

I dont know if i would expect ROI to venture out to Pantheon early on. So much content in EQ still for them.

• 15 posts
    December 6, 2016 3:47 PM PST

Everquest top guilds wont make the jump, when EQ dies the guild will die aswell.
    The only thing that can happen is that a few guildmembers or old guildmembers(that already quit eq) try to start a guild in pantheon with the same name or a different name.

I quit EQ a time ago and am hyped for Pantheon, when a select group of top eq players(who ever they may be) will play Pantheon and the time is there to create a guild you will see it :)

• 272 posts
    December 7, 2016 6:40 AM PST

Mrkuiken said:

Everquest top guilds wont make the jump, when EQ dies the guild will die aswell.
    The only thing that can happen is that a few guildmembers or old guildmembers(that already quit eq) try to start a guild in pantheon with the same name or a different name.

I quit EQ a time ago and am hyped for Pantheon, when a select group of top eq players(who ever they may be) will play Pantheon and the time is there to create a guild you will see it :)

Yes i was just coming to post on, "how i am supprised i havent seen more top teir names come up" then i read your post. I would love to see more officers, Guild leaders come forward if they have plans on starting up, if the game holds true.

I've waited to ask who maybe coming to Pantheon, i figured now was the time. Maybe now is not the time until we have at least a few weeks into the game. Maybe then we might see a few faces we once knew.

• 15 posts
    December 8, 2016 10:22 AM PST

O I am sure there are lurking around here :) We wil just have to see when the time is there... 

• 288 posts
    December 9, 2016 3:32 PM PST

I would be surprised if you see complete uber guilds leaving other games and coming, at least at the start, but i bet you will see an iteration of them comprised of the top players in their respective game(s).  I am sure you will see a version of RoI, FoH, etc. 

This post was edited by Reht at December 9, 2016 3:32 PM PST
    • 62 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:07 PM PST

Who is FOH!? =P 

• 153 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:18 PM PST

Fires of Heaven.  It was an early EQ guild that, along with Afterlife, was responsible for many world firsts and a lot of bleeding edge content and discussion posted on their guild site and forums.  For every positive contribution and accomplishment, you'll find someone who also has a negative interaction or thought about them as a guild - but they were certainly one of the major movers in the EQ glory days.  Their website was a "must bookmark" destination. 

• 62 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:23 PM PST

I'm jk man.  Been over there since 03.  recently retired! 

• 153 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:38 PM PST

I thought so, Convo -- I feel like I see you around all over the MMO community.

• 62 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:41 PM PST

Cool people hang in all the same places man.  

• 15 posts
    December 9, 2016 8:45 PM PST
    Sots souls of the shadow --> DH
    • 272 posts
    December 23, 2016 8:05 AM PST

Yeah dont be ashamed to tell people what guilds you where with.... we all may hookup down the road sometimes anyways.

• 272 posts
    December 23, 2016 8:07 AM PST

Convo said:

Cool people hang in all the same places man.  

I try to hang all i can, but unfortunally it is a rather small thing to compare:(

hehe jking good to see some orginal members poping up of FOH. They paved the way for many raids we did, it was all good fun times.

• 62 posts
    December 23, 2016 8:21 AM PST

For the record. I wasn't in the original FoH guild. Just a member in the community for a long time. There are very few original FoH people floating around. 

This post was edited by Convo at December 23, 2016 8:39 AM PST
    • 20 posts
    December 27, 2016 5:16 PM PST

Former RoI (From Stromm '03-'04) myself. I personally expect some offshoots of top guilds to head here but not too sure about the "core" of their guilds coming over to a new game and leaving one that they are established in, at least at first. I know I wouldn't have back when I was in Everquest.

Other than that, expect many former and current top tier players to trickle in, by themselves or small groups, once this game goes live. Hoping those (and me =P) coalesce into a guild(s) at some point. 

• 272 posts
    December 30, 2016 4:34 AM PST

See that might turn out well then Lochaber, I know of one member i saw asking about the game. I know his dad and him, from past guilds, ROI member the son is.

I had the chance to play in a few guilds top teir, but never got the chance to play in ROI, or FOH or a few older guilds in past times.

But i am also one of the orginal EQ players, so i got to know quite a few people, and guild names. It was great meeting new people over the years. I had to ask for this game.

• 62 posts
    December 30, 2016 5:29 PM PST

Nice, I was on Stromn.  Drajergenrence.  Miss those folks, would love to see some of my old Draj mates pop up. 

• 1157 posts
    December 31, 2016 7:17 PM PST

Convo said:

Who is FOH!? =P 

Very funny Convo :P   Fires of Heaven..

• 51 posts
    January 3, 2017 1:36 PM PST

Hannar said:

Fires of Heaven.  It was an early EQ guild that, along with Afterlife, was responsible for many world firsts and a lot of bleeding edge content and discussion posted on their guild site and forums.  For every positive contribution and accomplishment, you'll find someone who also has a negative interaction or thought about them as a guild - but they were certainly one of the major movers in the EQ glory days.  Their website was a "must bookmark" destination. 

You left out the most important part.

They were the home of the "Ragz Deslicer vs. Kurley" flame thread.  Honest to God, I almost cried when I heard that board got wiped and it was gone.  Page after page after page of awesome insults.  At a time I had never even imagine such shenanigans on the web.

• 272 posts
    January 11, 2017 9:28 AM PST

Convo said:

Nice, I was on Stromn.  Drajergenrence.  Miss those folks, would love to see some of my old Draj mates pop up. 

Yes i played there for some time. Decent server

• 319 posts
    January 16, 2017 9:46 AM PST

Highly doubt you will see many confirmations of any big name guilds moving until much closer to launch. I know of a few high end people that plan to from various games and some guilds that have even been talking about it but until most see what its going to turn into they won't give a definitive answer. Pretty much the whole reason I am waiting to see what happens before just starting up my own.