Forums » Community Sites

Pantheon Alpha Twitch Stream

• 2886 posts
    November 16, 2016 6:10 PM PST

I am planning on starting my own Twitch channel for Pantheon during alpha to stream my gameplay. Will there be any sort of NDA or anything against this sort of thing? I assume that since this is an open development and you have already streamed pre-pre-alpha gameplay on Twitch that it wouldn't be an issue, but I just wanted to double check that it would be okay for fans to do this. I think it would be fun and would give the game more publicity and would also give a chance for those that don't have access till beta to be able to at least see what's going on :)

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

• 186 posts
    November 16, 2016 7:35 PM PST

That could be cool, even if its just for the non-alpha players :)

• 15 posts
    November 16, 2016 9:55 PM PST

I would love to know as well. I am seriously considering streaming this game. Would love to do that for the alpha if a I can.

• 22 posts
    November 19, 2016 5:39 PM PST

I do imagine that the Pre-Alpha versions of this game will be under a NDA and therefore players would not be able to stream on Twitch while they are testing. However, perhaps the developers would like to put on twitch stream events where players/developers are able to stream together while they play the Pre-Alpha versions of the game. It would be difficult to trust the reactions potential viewers would have to seeing such raw footage of a game in development, which is why you rarely see many game studios elect to show their games in such a raw state.

Needless to say I would support the decision for developers to try and run events to garner this project more publicity through any channels they deem sufficient, and I do believe the players who believe in this game should take an active role in engaging themselves towards improving the playerbase in a positive direction. Running Twitch livestream events with Alpha/Beta testers would be a great way to garner more publicity, but such events might not be possible for some time.

• 626 posts
    December 23, 2016 12:50 PM PST

I would imagine Pre-Alpha and Alpha will have an NDA. I only could see the NDA being lifted at the end of Alpha or beginning of Beta at earliest. I'm also right there with you and will be streaming once able as well, just not getting ahead of myself as I know there will be an NDA for the first while. 

• 1468 posts
    December 23, 2016 4:33 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

I am planning on starting my own Twitch channel for Pantheon during alpha to stream my gameplay. Will there be any sort of NDA or anything against this sort of thing? I assume that since this is an open development and you have already streamed pre-pre-alpha gameplay on Twitch that it wouldn't be an issue, but I just wanted to double check that it would be okay for fans to do this. I think it would be fun and would give the game more publicity and would also give a chance for those that don't have access till beta to be able to at least see what's going on :)

There will be an NDA for both pre-alpha and alpha and most likely part (or all) of beta as well. Kilsin has posted about it before. You can see where he said so here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PantheonMMO/comments/5j7pdq/nda_for_alpha_testers/

• 1 posts
    December 31, 2016 8:16 AM PST

Do we know when alpha is coming

• 2886 posts
    January 1, 2017 2:07 AM PST

chrisstie said:

Do we know when alpha is coming

Unfortunately no. Pre-Alpha is estimated to be somewhere within the first 6 months of 2017. But even that is not certain so it's too early to know when Alpha will begin.

• 470 posts
    January 1, 2017 2:59 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

I'm pretty sure the devs said (maybe during that last stream) that Alpha would have an NDA but beta "may" not. Or possibly may have one during certain phases of it. Depends on how they do it I guess. I think Vanguard had 4 or 5 phases of beta if I recall correctly.

This post was edited by Kratuk at January 1, 2017 3:00 PM PST
    • 2886 posts
    January 3, 2017 7:28 AM PST

Kratuk said:

Bazgrim said:

I'm pretty sure the devs said (maybe during that last stream) that Alpha would have an NDA but beta "may" not. Or possibly may have one during certain phases of it. Depends on how they do it I guess. I think Vanguard had 4 or 5 phases of beta if I recall correctly.

Yeah pre-alpha and alpha will almost definitely be under NDA. The first, closed phase of beta will also probably be under NDA, but toward the end, just before launch they will have an open beta just to stress test the servers and therefore the NDA will probably be lifted at that point because they're just trying to get as many people on board as possible.

• 59 posts
    January 30, 2017 3:08 AM PST

The game will be under NDA in early alpha/alpha stages. 

• 9115 posts
    January 30, 2017 6:30 AM PST

Pantheon will be under a strict NDA during all testing phases, as the game will not be anywhere near a finished product or accepted quality by our standards to advertise, we take testing seriously and actually need help testing the game, this isn;t an early access gimmick, it is actual testing that we need help with, any kind of streaming or videos showing bugs, exploits, glitches, graphical errors, mechanics failing etc. will only do harm to the game and deter potential players from purchasing the game.

So we ask that everyone please respect the decision and once the NDA is signed, prior to gaining testing access, it will be very heavily enforced.

This decision may be reviewed for late stages of beta testing but at this moment, it is not being considered.

• 334 posts
    January 30, 2017 4:40 PM PST

@Kilsin

Seems totally reasonable, thanks for clarifying!

• 9115 posts
    January 31, 2017 2:06 AM PST

Sicario said:

@Kilsin

You're very welcome my friend :)

• 2886 posts
    February 10, 2017 1:03 PM PST

Sicario said:

@Kilsin

Agree, I too thank you for the official response here, Kilsin

• 9115 posts
    February 10, 2017 4:37 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Sicario said:

@Kilsin

Agree, I too thank you for the official response here, Kilsin

You're very welcome my friend, I am just as excited as you folks about streaming Pantheon, I hope to jump ion and group with a lot of you while you stream to give you some extra info and attention, help grow your followers and channels and help get the word out about Pantheon but testing is serious business for us and we need to close the doors and focus on strict testing to get the game up to a high-quality standard before we can pass it to the next testing phase and then ultimately, the official release as smooth and bug free as possible :)

After release, you folks can go crazy :D

• 263 posts
    February 11, 2017 8:56 AM PST

And crazy we will go :D

• 12 posts
    February 18, 2017 3:42 PM PST

Yarnila said:

And crazy we will go :D

Absolutely! I for one plan to stream my gameplay as well at launch! Looking forward to it.  The word definitely needs to get out!