Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Paying homage to EQ in other games

• 753 posts
    October 23, 2016 5:10 AM PDT

Hello everyone!

Just thought I'd post about something sorta fun for me I started doing a year, maybe two years ago.  I don't always do this, but I do it quite a bit.  I pay homage to EQ by namimg avatars after things in EQ...

- I've had good alinged elves named Kelethin

- Evil elves named Neriak

- Dwarves named Kaladim

- I've had characters named after several dragons:  Yelinak, Nagafen, Quarm, Gorenaire, and Wuoshi

Who else does this?

This post was edited by Wandidar at October 23, 2016 5:11 AM PDT
    • 18 posts
    October 23, 2016 6:43 AM PDT

Nah, that's just silly...

• 18 posts
    October 23, 2016 8:20 AM PDT
    In final Fantasy 11 all my and my friends characters were named after characters from Diablo 2 xD. It was what got us into fantasy games so it seemed fitting.
    • 1778 posts
    October 23, 2016 8:55 AM PDT

I have used Greedalox in a few games which is a Title in FFXI for one of the quests to increase bag size.

• 1303 posts
    October 23, 2016 9:08 AM PDT

Lodizal said:

Nah, that's just silly...

Bahahahah !

• 112 posts
    October 23, 2016 12:44 PM PDT

i always pay homage to lord of the rings and star wars by making characters named Legolas, legolass, Anakin, xAnakinx, etc

what? dont look at me like that

• 9115 posts
    October 23, 2016 4:56 PM PDT

This thread has been moved to Off-Topic as it is about EQ and other games and not discussing General Pantheon, please be mindful of where you post so we can keep the forums a nice place to visit with information that is easily located. :)

• 363 posts
    October 25, 2016 3:44 PM PDT

Ok, so in LOTRO I made a Hobbit minstrel. He only made it about 30 minutes into the game before I was forced to change his name. It was "Dyldo Floggins."