Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Why this idea of different servers for PVP or PVE?

This topic has been closed.
    • 9 posts
    October 14, 2016 4:43 PM PDT

Coming from FFXI, I find this concept of PVP and PVE servers to be very odd...
    XI did not make any such distinguishment. There were just different servers, and they were only different servers becaue of hardware limitations. If everyone could all exist in the same Vanadeil, I'm sure they would have, it seems obvious that's the designed intent of an MMO world.

Seperating people with servers should be absolutely last resort, not something that is encouraged and designed into the concept of the game.

PvP should be something that's allowed in only certain areas and in certain circumstances, it seems rather obvious. Why would you need to seperate people to seperate servers? What about people

who enjoy both?

• 9115 posts
    October 14, 2016 5:33 PM PDT

This isn't FFXI or any other game my friend, this is Pantheon, which is primarily a PvE game but we will have servers for those who like to PvP and considering how different the mentalities are between the two groups of players, mixing them together doesn't often end well for the community as a whole and since the overwhelming majority of our community is strictly PvE minded, we will not be forcing a gaming experience on to them with a style of play that they dislike.

PvP has good support from both the VR team and our community and it is something we want to make fun and enjoyable, so by limiting it to certain regions or areas takes away from a PvPers enjoyment, so by having exact copies of PvE servers with PvP turned on (and possible different rulesets) then those servers can be filled by like-minded players and they can enjoy the game their way while everyone else enjoys the game how they like it, making both parties happy in their own environments.

I am going to close this thread as we already have several threads on PvP and this discussion can easily relate to them, so please use the search function and continue this discussion in an already active PvP  thread.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at October 14, 2016 5:48 PM PDT